• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lane Easley says Pack / Hawks call was correct

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said this time and time again, but public opinion isn't changing.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way in hell that call was correct -- not even a number of homer radio people here in Seattle are saying that.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way in hell that call was correct -- not even a number of homer radio people here in Seattle are saying that.

Yep, you could see that Eric Davis was trying not to laugh out loud when the guy was explaining why the call was correct.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can say the call could go either way and all, but how can you ignore the blatant offensive interference?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me a time they've called PI either way on one of those. It happened, no doubt, but it doesn't usually get called. The actual catch was Seattle's and it wasn't all that close.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I've said this time and time again, but public opinion isn't changing.

It's like the "tuck rule" call. For some reason football fans can't get it through their skulls that it was the correct call.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You can say the call could go either way and all, but how can you ignore the blatant offensive interference?

The PI is a different story, but the simultaneous catch part was called accurately.

By the way, that PI wasn't a tenth as blatant as the no-call PI on Crabby in the Super Bowl.:L

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PI is a different story, but the simultaneous catch part was called accurately.

By the way, that PI wasn't a tenth as blatant as the no-call PI on Crabby in the Super Bowl.:L

None of that was more blatant than the helmet to helmet shot Crabtree took on the 2nd down play that caused him to drop the pass. It should have half the distance to the goal and a new set of downs. I'm shocked no one made a bigger deal of it after how big of story concussions were all season. A guy in the biggest football game of the year on one of the biggest plays of the game gets blasted by the defender in the head and it goes almost unnoticed by everyone including the official.

If that's not a defenseless receiver taking a helmet to helmet shot then what is? I'm surprised he was even on the field for the 4th down play.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a simultaneous catch either IMO. Tate made the grab (one handed) first, and Green Bay never separated him from it. It wasn't by a huge margin, but it was his ball before the defender touched it.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Green Bay guy had 2 hands around the ball first and Tate never dislodged it or took it away be it in the air or on the ground. I don't the simultaneous catch as Tate had no chance of catching anything but Jennings. Even the way they came down to the ground suggested Jennings had control the ball. The most control Tate had on the ball was after the two of them reach the ground when he started trying to rip away, but you could clearly tell Jennings had complete control of the ball as Tate couldn't get it away from him.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Green Bay guy had 2 hands around the ball first and Tate never dislodged it or took it away be it in the air or on the ground. I don't the simultaneous catch as Tate had no chance of catching anything but Jennings. Even the way they came down to the ground suggested Jennings had control the ball. The most control Tate had on the ball was after the two of them reach the ground when he started trying to rip away, but you could clearly tell Jennings had complete control of the ball as Tate couldn't get it away from him.

I couldn't have said it better. Just look at the film of it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two hands isn't a requirement for a catch. Tate caught the ball one handed before it was touched by the defender.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two hands isn't a requirement for a catch. Tate caught the ball one handed before it was touched by the defender.

But 2 hands is much clearer demonstration of control on the ball than 1 hand. Jennings had the ball to his chest with 2 hands on it. Tate just had a hand on it that only stayed on it because it was caught in Jennings grasp along with the ball. If Jennings hadn't locked up that hand in his grasp there is no way Tate could've kept it on the ball.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is.to the point if it was called the other way it should have been overturned by replay.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But 2 hands is much clearer demonstration of control on the ball than 1 hand. Jennings had the ball to his chest with 2 hands on it. Tate just had a hand on it that only stayed on it because it was caught in Jennings grasp along with the ball. If Jennings hadn't locked up that hand in his grasp there is no way Tate could've kept it on the ball.

It doesn't matter who had "more possession". Tate had possession first, never lost it, and even if it were a "tie" that goes to the offense.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter who had "more possession". Tate had possession first, never lost it, and even if it were a "tie" that goes to the offense.

That's just wrong, I don't know what to say other than that, there is no way Tate had possession, ever ever ever.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the way I saw it as well.