• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lane Easley says Pack / Hawks call was correct

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
None of that was more blatant than the helmet to helmet shot Crabtree took on the 2nd down play that caused him to drop the pass. It should have half the distance to the goal and a new set of downs. I'm shocked no one made a bigger deal of it after how big of story concussions were all season. A guy in the biggest football game of the year on one of the biggest plays of the game gets blasted by the defender in the head and it goes almost unnoticed by everyone including the official.

Crabtree helmet to helmet - YouTube

If that's not a defenseless receiver taking a helmet to helmet shot then what is? I'm surprised he was even on the field for the 4th down play.

I'm trying to find the gif of Cary Williams shoving the referee and not getting a penalty (much less tossed from the game). If you look at it next to a video of Justin Smith getting tossed from a game for shrugging his shoulder a bit when a ref' has his hand on JSmith, it's pretty obvious it was a screw job.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of that was more blatant than the helmet to helmet shot Crabtree took on the 2nd down play that caused him to drop the pass. It should have half the distance to the goal and a new set of downs. I'm shocked no one made a bigger deal of it after how big of story concussions were all season. A guy in the biggest football game of the year on one of the biggest plays of the game gets blasted by the defender in the head and it goes almost unnoticed by everyone including the official.

If that's not a defenseless receiver taking a helmet to helmet shot then what is? I'm surprised he was even on the field for the 4th down play.

What you're talking about is the difference between when a media favorite gets screwed compared to a team they don't much care about... or is less of a favorite.

The media didn't give a crap about all of those penalties by the Ravens because they were on the chase for the greatest story ever told, when a HOF'er goes out a Champion.

The replacements made all kinds of horrible calls, Week 1 for example, the 49ers are destroying GB up until the replacements allow 2 obvious blocks in the back on Cobb's PR for a TD which got GB going again and nearly won the game if it wasn't for a Culliver PD on 4th down. No big deal, cause it was GB who almost benefited. The Replacements make a call that loses a game for GB, all of a sudden shit hits the fan. Every media outlet is going nuts and the real refs are back.

Its also like the return of Instant Replay. So many bad calls in 1996 and 1997, bad calls that helped the media favorite Packers advance to Super Bowls. Then, all of a sudden in 1998 a bad call hurts GB and shit hits the fan. Boom, Instant Replay is back the next season.

To me, its kind of scary how much pressure the media can put on the NFL to force a change when their favorites get a raw deal.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That call was one of the worst I've seen. It wasn't close to being the right call. At least because of that call, we finally got the regular officials back. Those scab officials were atrocious.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The personal foul committed before anyone even touched the ball was so bad you don't even need to discuss who caught it. But if it came down to that, then Green Bay still should have won.

http://youtu.be/hw9Po9eh4M8?t=42s

This video also is good for reconfirming what a tool Pete Carroll is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pharcyde

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see at anypointdoes Tate ever have possession of that ball before or after Jennings. What's worse is seeing the replay by the refs and they still couldn't get it right!

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two hands isn't a requirement for a catch. Tate caught the ball one handed before it was touched by the defender.

You are out of your mind if you think that was a legit catch before it was an Int.......