• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Landry Jones is the best pro prospect for this years draft.....

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He must be convinced, can't take another year of Landry Jones. It's been 3 years now, he needs to go. You know, most players improve overtime...but Landry just gets worst.

Right now, take a look at your keyboard. And just look at it for about 25 seconds....you know that look you just gave, it's not a happy look nor a sad look. It's the same look that Landry shows whether he throws an interception, causes a fumble, hands off to the tailback or completes a pass. Landry hasn't complete a TD pass since the Texas Tech game. That being said....

Landry is a guaranteed first round prospect. I can see the Saints or Cowboys drafting him to become Breese's or Romo's backup, and take those teams to new heights....

Landry must be convinced to go....

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, we were talking about this during the game

Jones is Kiper and McShay's #2 QB prospect behind Luck. I thought they were completely nuts.

Jones has an above average arm......but his decision making, lack of mobility, and the fact he COMPLETELY folds under pressure are going to hurt his chances.

But he's engaged, so he's got mouths to feed - that should get him out the door in Norman. A chick is going to be in his ear nonstop about getting dat money.......so I think you guys don't have a lot to worry about. PLUS I think he witnessed the mistakes that Bradford and Broyles made in not leaving when they should have.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, we were talking about this during the game

Jones is Kiper and McShay's #2 QB prospect behind Luck. I thought they were completely nuts.

Jones has an above average arm......but his decision making, lack of mobility, and the fact he COMPLETELY folds under pressure are going to hurt his chances.

But he's engaged, so he's got mouths to feed - that should get him out the door in Norman. A chick is going to be in his ear nonstop about getting dat money.......so I think you guys don't have a lot to worry about. PLUS I think he witnessed the mistakes that Bradford and Broyles made in not leaving when they should have.

Still don't think broyles made a mistake. There were a lot of people questioning him due to his lack of size. Anyone who paid attention this year can see how much better broyles made jones look along with the rest of the offense. Even getting hurt I think his draft status went up.

Bradford wouldn't have even been as bad off if jermain Gresham had not gotten hurt.

I finally decided jones definitely needs to go after he just dropped the ball when attempting a pass. He wasnt even touched. Im just done with him. I'm ready for the Blake bell era though. Frankly he provides Oklahoma the ability to use him like Florida used tebow, but bell is a better passer in my opinion.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still don't think broyles made a mistake. There were a lot of people questioning him due to his lack of size. Anyone who paid attention this year can see how much better broyles made jones look along with the rest of the offense. Even getting hurt I think his draft status went up.

Bradford wouldn't have even been as bad off if jermain Gresham had not gotten hurt.

I finally decided jones definitely needs to go after he just dropped the ball when attempting a pass. He wasnt even touched. Im just done with him. I'm ready for the Blake bell era though. Frankly he provides Oklahoma the ability to use him like Florida used tebow, but bell is a better passer in my opinion.

Nobody with two torn ligaments is going to see their draft status go up, my friend. Broyles most DEFINITELY made a mistake in coming back, there's no question. Same for Bradford. TAKE THE MONEY when you have a chance. You are better off getting injured AFTER you get paid than before.

Haven't seen Bell throw, so I have no idea.....all you guys ever do is run him.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
starbigd - With both McCoy Jr and Ash both seeming okay...but not by Texas standards. Do you think Gilbert was the best choice had he decide to stay? All 3 seemed mediocre, had Gilbert stayed could he have improved or would he had been another Landry Jones and never really improve nor take his team to the next level and just rely on the athletes around him.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
starbigd - With both McCoy Jr and Ash both seeming okay...but not by Texas standards. Do you think Gilbert was the best choice had he decide to stay? All 3 seemed mediocre, had Gilbert stayed could he have improved or would he had been another Landry Jones and never really improve nor take his team to the next level and just rely on the athletes around him.

Gilbert's problem was between his ears. He doesn't read the defense, he doesn't improvise, he doesn't see the play developing and throw to the spot before the WR opens up. He also locks onto one WR instead of checking down or progressing through his reads. But athletically, he's legit. And unfortunately, we NEEDED him to at least be average this year.

Ash could be the real deal.....but he needed this year to redshirt, and was forced to play when he wasn't ready.

McCoy is a backup, nothing more. He has a weak/noodle arm, absolutely putrid mechanics (throws off his back foot as a normal motion, never steps into a pass), locks onto WRs, and can't run half the playbook because he can't throw the ball more than 30 yards.

Texas' ONLY hope at QB is Ash. Or if they find a juco QB somewhere, or grab Dayne Crist, which really isn't Mack's MO. Gilbert lost his job because he didn't improve any. He just had a cannon arm that you had to respect when we threw the deep ball.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He must be convinced, can't take another year of Landry Jones. It's been 3 years now, he needs to go. You know, most players improve overtime...but Landry just gets worst.

Right now, take a look at your keyboard. And just look at it for about 25 seconds....you know that look you just gave, it's not a happy look nor a sad look. It's the same look that Landry shows whether he throws an interception, causes a fumble, hands off to the tailback or completes a pass. Landry hasn't complete a TD pass since the Texas Tech game. That being said....

Landry is a guaranteed first round prospect. I can see the Saints or Cowboys drafting him to become Breese's or Romo's backup, and take those teams to new heights....

Landry must be convinced to go....

Yeah he's a 1st round pick but not to the Saints or Cowboys.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody with two torn ligaments is going to see their draft status go up, my friend. Broyles most DEFINITELY made a mistake in coming back, there's no question. Same for Bradford. TAKE THE MONEY when you have a chance. You are better off getting injured AFTER you get paid than before.

Haven't seen Bell throw, so I have no idea.....all you guys ever do is run him.

Your point about broyles makes sense.

The thing on bell is stoops is very loyal to his upperclassmen quarterbacks. Hopefully well get to see bell for real next year.

Nole_out_west

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If he goes, will Bell be next year's starter? Has he even taken a snap outside of the redzone? Don't get me wrong, he looked like a beast doing his best Tebow impersonation, I'm just really interested to see if he can sustain drives.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he goes, will Bell be next year's starter? Has he even taken a snap outside of the redzone? Don't get me wrong, he looked like a beast doing his best Tebow impersonation, I'm just really interested to see if he can sustain drives.

If he plays like he did at Bishop Carrol he'll be better than Jones. I saw the kid play from his sophomore year in high school. He is good.

Nole_out_west

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If he plays like he did at Bishop Carrol he'll be better than Jones. I saw the kid play from his sophomore year in high school. He is good.

That's cool. Does he have an arm? (I'm not being a dick, I'm seriously curious...)

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LMFAO I can name 5 QBs off the top my head that are better than Jones:

1. Andrew Luck
2. Robert Griffin III
3. Case Keenum
4. Kellen Moore
5. Matt Barkeley

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Andrew Luck
2. Robert Griffin III
3. Case Keenum
4. Kellen Moore
5. Matt Barkeley

No No No. He's one of the top 2 available. I hope the Dallas Cowboys get him.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Andrew Luck
2. Robert Griffin III
3. Case Keenum
4. Kellen Moore
5. Matt Barkeley

You're mistaken, they clearly don't have the footspeed, mindset, nor ability to remain passive no matter what the cituation. Landry has the fantastic ability to to get rattle and alter/adapt his throwing once someone or something is within 7or 8 yards. Not every quarterback is gracious enough nor unselfish like Landry to not throw a TD pass the past 3 games and allow his backup QB to enter the game in the red zone to score. I am thinking the Texans, Philip Rivers is getting old.