• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lance Briggs

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add another to the pile. Out 4 to 6 weeks.

:pout:

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add another to the pile. Out 4 to 6 weeks.

:pout:

I just saw that...and to add to it Jay is out at least 4 weeks. Not much to look forward to. Have to just hope for the best.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not good, but thats the way this season has gone. we keep losing defenders like crazy. Melton, and the other DT, then DJ Williams, and Tillman in and out and now Briggs. K Greene will be playing soon.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch da bears much but my big bro is a bears fan so we went to the bar to watch the game and I gotta tell ya I thought Briggs was on the down side of his career but that dude made every play it seemed. He was everywhere out there. I even joked the skins would throw a bomb to garçon and Briggs would be the guy in coverage knocking it down 50yards down field. It sucks the injury puts him out along with all the others you've had. Good luck the rest of the way.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch da bears much but my big bro is a bears fan so we went to the bar to watch the game and I gotta tell ya I thought Briggs was on the down side of his career but that dude made every play it seemed. He was everywhere out there. I even joked the skins would throw a bomb to garçon and Briggs would be the guy in coverage knocking it down 50yards down field. It sucks the injury puts him out along with all the others you've had. Good luck the rest of the way.

Briggs was leading the league in tackles heading into the game, I believe, and was already at his career high in sacks.

Yeah, he isn't at all on the back side of his career just yet. Hopefully him and Cutler can come back healthy in four weeks, and we can steal a couple wins in the mean time.

Good luck to the Skins as well.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fractured shoulder sure makes 6 weeks sound short. Torn groin muscle and 4 weeks sure does not sound like enough.

Greene got screwed on that flag, the play he got in when costanza went out for the play. But you cant deny getting chemistry now with Bostic and Greene sure cant hurt. Its hard to fathom this defense playing much worse. I think bostic ends up covering for some of lances tackle numbers, greene will get some, anderson will pick up the slack.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fractured shoulder sure makes 6 weeks sound short. Torn groin muscle and 4 weeks sure does not sound like enough.

Greene got screwed on that flag, the play he got in when costanza went out for the play. But you cant deny getting chemistry now with Bostic and Greene sure cant hurt. Its hard to fathom this defense playing much worse. I think bostic ends up covering for some of lances tackle numbers, greene will get some, anderson will pick up the slack.

Briggs is actually only 4-6 weeks. For a small fracture, that's extremely usual, actually.

Bostic and Greene aren't ready. Both look outmatched. Hopefully that changes. But yes, it can't get worse.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briggs is actually only 4-6 weeks. For a small fracture, that's extremely usual, actually.

Bostic and Greene aren't ready. Both look outmatched. Hopefully that changes. But yes, it can't get worse.

Bostic made some nice hits. Other times he was not shedding blocks, but they werent running back or tight end blocks, they were guard and tackle blocks. He ended up with 11 tackles. DJ had 47 in 5 1/2 games, most coming in the last game and a half.

Greene got in one play and made one tackle. I dont think that is overmatched. The line was getting penetration because the Oline of washington was at the second level.

I just thought shoulder is where Briggs gets his tackling power from, so I thought it would be longer. I know this last extension keeps him at 5.5 million next year and coming back early will probably not effect next season, but in this bad defense with possibly big changes coming, you gotta wonder if playoffs are not in the picture if they will keep him shut down and let the rookies play. But hey, I still would switch Anderson over and let McClellan play linebacker to see how he would do standing all game.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better question is going to be, who's going to call the D now?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better question is going to be, who's going to call the D now?

Anderson and Costanzo are the two vets. Costanzo has been here for a few years, but I'd still guess Anderson.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, when has Costanzo ever called D out? And Anderson has been here 1 year and knows the system as well as... mmm... Bostic? True Anderson is a vet and may be able to recognize offenses better... My bet is Anderson.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, when has Costanzo ever called D out? And Anderson has been here 1 year and knows the system as well as... mmm... Bostic? True Anderson is a vet and may be able to recognize offenses better... My bet is Anderson.

Costanzo ran the 2nd team defense for a while as the second MLB on the roster under Urlacher for a few years. He's the only one with any experience calling a defense. Even if it was the 2nd string.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get Greene in there.

Fuck Costanzo. Special Teams is where he belongs.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get Greene in there.

Fuck Costanzo. Special Teams is where he belongs.

Not sure Greene is ready, and we already have one rookie in there who looks like the game is going completely over his head. I don't think putting another in there is the best idea.

Although, I do agree with your assertion that Costanzo is not a starting NFL LB. The problem is, that's what you get when the injuries pile up. You can't really expect much better.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure Greene is ready, and we already have one rookie in there who looks like the game is going completely over his head. I don't think putting another in there is the best idea.

Although, I do agree with your assertion that Costanzo is not a starting NFL LB. The problem is, that's what you get when the injuries pile up. You can't really expect much better.

I keyed in on him (Costanzo) last week when in there....he was awful. Looked completely lost and slow. Got faked out BAAAAD on at least two misdirection plays.

Greene has so much more talent and upside. I say get him in there.

From what I saw in last week's game, he looked better than Costanzo IMHumbleO

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keyed in on him (Costanzo) last week when in there....he was awful. Looked completely lost and slow. Got faked out BAAAAD on at least two misdirection plays.

Greene has so much more talent and upside. I say get him in there.

From what I saw in last week's game, he looked better than Costanzo IMHumbleO

If Costanzo looked bad, imagine how Greene must look in practice.

Greene only played something like two snaps at LB Sunday. There's no way you had enough of a sample size to draw that conclusion.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, all I saw from Costanzo was garbage. That's all.

Losing Briggs hurts us a lot more than losing Cutler IMO. The falloff from Briggs to Costanzo is massive.