• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lamar miller vs eddie Lacey

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night i had a draft and i chose miller over lacey... It was an easy decision due to the fact that i did not even see lacey was available... Did i make a mistake taking miller over lacey?? does anyone like miller over lacey??

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im anxious to here some of the others respond this. My two cents however would favor Lacy. I think GB will have a lot of red zone chances. Now they do throw a lot inside the red zone but I will say when MCarthy had Ryan Grant they did run well down there . The other RB that GB picked up had a real bad preseason supposedly and then one was just put on IR . I just think Lacy will get more red zone touches and has the better offense around him. I do like Miller though. He seems explosive.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like Lacey. If he's healthy he's a beast and is definitely not a guy you take out around the goal line. Fins will probably run more but Miller has had health issues and is not that strong as a blocker which may take him off the field. He doesn't have much competition in Daniel Thomas, though.

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I'm still picking Miller over Lacy if both are available, but if Miller has already been taken and I get Lacy I'm not too disappointed. Tough to say with the OC still talking about Thomas how much Miller will get used

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are getting pretty even now that Ive moved Lacy up a little, and Miller down a little on my list.

One thing the keep in mind - if he stays healthy, I dont know of too many defenders that will want to take a hit from Lacy up in GB this winter. Dude can lay down the hammer, and has a little wiggle to go with it.

I think I'd take the upside of Lacy in the GB offense, since you know they will score TDs. MIA offense is still a mystery to me, as we often see high priced FA WR acquisitions fail, and you dont know if you are going to get consistent play from T-hill at this stage in his career.
I'd prefer either to be my RB3 though, not my RB2.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lacey is the better starter... I mean c'mon, if a guy like Miller can't even separate himself for the starting job from the likes of Daniel Thomas!!??? That's a risky move right there!!! Lacey is the clear cut starter now that DuJuan Harris is on IR. Maybe Starks will be back in the mix, but highly doubtful.

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
normally i'm not big on rookie RBs but I like Lacy over Miller

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of this though that needs to be factored in is who they will be playing. I think they were saying that Miller has the second easiest schedule as a running back in the NFL at least according to stats from last years season.

I would still take Miller over Lacy at this time as both are injury concerns, both should be featured backs with not much behind them, but I think Miami will try and run it a little more than Green Bay this season giving Miller a few more chances plus have to love his big play ability. Throw in Lacy other than a few runs this preseason didn't do a whole lot. I think people look at his couple of highlight plays and think he is going to be a star but really he was very average and has a pretty bad OL in front of him.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Miller as being more boom-or-bust, while Lacy should be more consistent week-to-week. I have them about even apart from that.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Lacy, but I'm pretty sure his production will be tied to touchdowns. Miller is a dual threat that can get you 12 points without a TD. I don't think anyone is really listening to the Daniel Thomas coach love.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller. He has more upside and Green Bay rbs traditionally don't do great.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Lacy, but I'm pretty sure his production will be tied to touchdowns.

I hope I'm wrong about that by the way. :)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller. He has more upside and Green Bay rbs traditionally don't do great.

Ryan Grant's 2009 season would beg to differ on that one Scape!

2009 was the last time that GB leaned on any 1 RB, and since he broke his leg (I think that was the injury) in 2010, not that shocked that they have been so gun shy in having a workhorse RB.

Brandon Jackson/James Starks never established themselves, and Grant was ineffective after the injury. So Lacy may be the first legit shot at a RB toting the load in GB in a few years.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short version - Miller over Lacy.

Long version - There seems to be a theory that a good passing game opens up the run game. If that were true, then why do the best fantasy backs have mediocre-to-average passing QB's? AP, Martin, Spiller, Charles, Foster, etc.

With this line of thought in mind, since Miller has a worse QB, he should be more of a focal point in the Miami offense (since he's arguably the best offensive weapon they have). Where as Lacy is just one of a list of talented athletes in GB, where the ball will be spread around and the offense more balanced. (Plus, Packers have not exactly won me over with their track record of picking RB's. Franklin has already failed. And it's Lacy almost by default if you look at the rest of their backfield.)

At least, that's my slant.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ivory #1 RB!

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2009 was the last time that GB leaned on any 1 RB, and since he broke his leg (I think that was the injury) in 2010, not that shocked that they have been so gun shy in having a workhorse RB.

Brandon Jackson/James Starks never established themselves, and Grant was ineffective after the injury. So Lacy may be the first legit shot at a RB toting the load in GB in a few years.

I'm starting to lean this way myself. Honestly, it's not like they haven't tried these last few years they just haven't had the quality back/O-Line to run it a lot. 2 years ago when Starks was gonna be the man they tried to get him going and it never happened. IMO they will let Lacy do his thing; if he can't then it will be "The Rockets Red Glare" and the footballs will be flying.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they just haven't had the quality back/O-Line to run it a lot.

They still don't. Rodgers was the most sacked QB last season. If the O-line can't protect your franchise QB, how's it gonna open holes for Lacy?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice li'l plug there, Joe.

As I mentioned elsewhere, it's kind of surprising that adding Favre (AP) or Marshall (Forte) actually knocked YPC down by about a half yard. That's just weird. Maybe because of a changed offensive scheme....

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still don't. Rodgers was the most sacked QB last season. If the O-line can't protect your franchise QB, how's it gonna open holes for Lacy?

Good job Joe!...........but who did they have running the ball last year? They averaged 3.9 YPC (22nd) with Benson, Starks and Harris? Benson carried 64 times for 224 (not counting the injury game). Three of those games were against Frisco, Chicago and Seattle..........3 pretty good D's. Am I targeting Lacy? Kinda sorta but maybe not..............if he falls far enough I'll grab him. Same with Miller I just think I would rather have Lacy at this point.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't say they weren't ok or good but they have never been one of the top rbs. They just throw to much. Favre and Rogers are the ones who rack up the points.