• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers Trading For Roy Hibbert

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 ' 2"center averaging 10 to 12 point and 7 rebounds a game. 28 years old and will 29 in December, so he is young enough that the Lakers could offer him a two year contract next year and keep him until they have developed their new rookie enough to attract elite veterans. This is actually the type of players I anticipated the Lakers bringing in and very similar to the days of Mihm, Kwame Brown that were used to bring the title running Pau Gasol and etc. No one goes up the stairs 5 steps at a time. This is a nice baby step

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not my 1st choice, 2nd choice or 3rd choice, but i'll take it. He's a fairly good defender and hopefully a change of scenery will give him a new lease in life.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not my 1st choice, 2nd choice or 3rd choice, but i'll take it. He's a fairly good defender and hopefully a change of scenery will give him a new lease in life.

He's probably as good as he will ever be, but a different city, team and a better coach than what they had in Indiana and he might improve. I would like to see him averaging 15 and 10 in points and rebounds per game. If he can give us that then he would be worth resigning at the 8 to 10 million per year. If he could give us 20 and 10, then you have a keeper

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing for sure - If the Lakers are going to be serious about rebuilding the team on a long term basis - then they have to get away from all of those chicken shit one year deals with losers like Boozer and Lin and start signing better players that some one like Kevin Durant will see as a team worthy of leading to a championship. The rebuilding process has started, but I simply thought that the three year plan proposed by Short Buss was unrealistic from the beginning. I think it still may be three years away, but with a little luck could escalate next year with a miracle signing

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt you're going to get 20 points per game out of Hibbert. He should help on defense and at least there is that.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt you're going to get 20 points per game out of Hibbert. He should help on defense and at least there is that.
I think the Lakers will be lucky to get 12-14 ppg and 10 rebounds and if they get that with solid defense, they will be happy with what they got. Hibbert is not as bad as what we have had and is a small upgrade

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'll say this for him......He's 7 feet tall.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Hibbert.

He is far more valuable than knee-jerk Laker haters want you to believe.

This is a low risk / high reward deal.

Good defender who can chip in some points here and there.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Hibbert.

He is far more valuable than knee-jerk Laker haters want you to believe.

This is a low risk / high reward deal.

Good defender who can chip in some points here and there.
Here is the thing - The Lakers let this team get down to nothing before rebuilding. Unlike the Spurs who continued to upgrade and now how quality players that can make them contenders past Duncan and Parker. That means starting with something and you don't instantly rebuild a team in one season and go to the finals under NORMAL circumstances unless you have three players like Wade, Lebron and Bosh who planned their team a year in advance

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before some dimwit says something dumb about a 7 fucking 2 NBA center like "he's soft."

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's literally a no risk move. Every free agent said no so there's no need for cap space anymore. You get him for nothing and its an expiring contract. If he excels or is even decent, you keep him. If he's still putting up Triple Double 0s (0pts, 0rebs, 0 blks), let him walk and it costs you hardly anything

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before some dimwit says something dumb about a 7 fucking 2 NBA center like "he's soft."
LOL - Don't worry they will. They said Pau Gasol was soft, so Hibbert won't get any respect either. I like his game though and while he is not in the top 20 players, I do think he is a decent acquisition that will make the Lakers look more respectable and respectable to attract some high end players next summer. A big center scoring 10 points and 7 rebounds is not all star, but it isn't bad in my opinion. We did much worse of Chris Mihm and Kwame Brown

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad gamble but he's regressed the last couple years and his rebound rate for his size is really sad. Disappears at times, but one thing he will provide no matter what is shot blocking and shot altering. Should help Randle down low defensively.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad gamble but he's regressed the last couple years and his rebound rate for his size is really sad. Disappears at times, but one thing he will provide no matter what is shot blocking and shot altering. Should help Randle down low defensively.
He wasn't a good fit in Indiana - they tend to run more and he belongs on a team like the Lakers that plays defense and an inside out game. He should improve in Los Angeles. I think it's a great opportunity for him to prove himself

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't a good fit in Indiana - they tend to run more and he belongs on a team like the Lakers that plays defense and an inside out game. He should improve in Los Angeles. I think it's a great opportunity for him to prove himself

The Pacers do not "tend to run more" at all. They are an inside-out team and have been since they had that team with a healthy Paul George that challenged the Heat's big 3 in the Eastern Conference Finals.

I expect the Lakers to run more with Clarkson and Russell in the fold now. Plus Randle runs the floor well for a 4 too, so only Kobe and Hibbert will be playing the half-court game really. That being said, I do think it's a good move with little risk involved so nice pick up.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news for Lakers fans... Hibbert seems to get his own version of the "rule of verticality"... and he turns into a beast when his team plays LeBron's team.

Bad news... the Lakers will only be playing LeBron's team a couple times a year for the foreseeable future.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,968.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not my first choice by a longshot but he's better than Hill and a pretty good defender and okay rebounder. That's all we need him to do. Play defense and shag rebounds.