• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers to hire a doormat as head coach.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you were saying yesterday about Browns fans pimping the team up like they're the next Pats dynasty exactly what site(s) were you talking about? Because that's some funny stuff & it sounds like a good laugh.

well, typically i'll check out places like KCChiefs.com(naturally), CBS and foxsports, NFL.com, and some of the "off" sites(pro sports daily and such) just to see what other folks are saying about their teams. yeah, it's a lotta smack talk of course. but that is pretty much standard among fans...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers basically offered a contract to Lue until Lebron leaves, literally everything the Lakers have done isn't really attracting FA's but good thing you have Lebron as your president and GM now...y'all should be fine

That is the biggest issue right there. The Lakers badly need to get a real basketball mind in their President position before they step in any more dog crap. Sorry, but the only Buss I trust for anything involving the product on the court is Jesse Buss. The rest can focus on the business and promotions side of the franchise, but should NOT be involved in day to day basketball operations. The idea of Linda Rambis (director of special projects) sitting in on coaching interviews is just ridiculous. You can't run a pro sports franchise with your friends; get professionals involved.

Lakers would be better off with Lebron as president right now. At least the team would have a direction, and the coaching offers wouldn't be unnecessarily cheap and arrogant.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the biggest issue right there. The Lakers badly need to get a real basketball mind in their President position before they step in any more dog crap. Sorry, but the only Buss I trust for anything involving the product on the court is Jesse Buss. The rest can focus on the business and promotions side of the franchise, but should NOT be involved in day to day basketball operations. The idea of Linda Rambis (director of special projects) sitting in on coaching interviews is just ridiculous. You can't run a pro sports franchise with your friends; get professionals involved.

Lakers would be better off with Lebron as president right now. At least the team would have a direction, and the coaching offers wouldn't be unnecessarily cheap and arrogant.
Yeah....

I don't understand why they never even tried to contact West.

Bad blood that we don't know about?

At this point, do they hire a Newcomer like Billups or throw a brinks truck at a guy like Masai in Toronto?

Linda Rambis isn't the answer

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....

I don't understand why they never even tried to contact West.

Bad blood that we don't know about?

At this point, do they hire a Newcomer like Billups or throw a brinks truck at a guy like Masai in Toronto?

Linda Rambis isn't the answer

Brinks truck at Masai sounds preferable, but with the lowball offer to Lue, I can't imagine that they're even smart enough to do so.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, typically i'll check out places like KCChiefs.com(naturally), CBS and foxsports, NFL.com, and some of the "off" sites(pro sports daily and such) just to see what other folks are saying about their teams. yeah, it's a lotta smack talk of course. but that is pretty much standard among fans...

I just think it's hilarious any Browns fans would be dumb enough to think the team is the next Pats dynasty.

My guess is the fans that are saying that nonsense all drink unfiltered Lake Erie water. That stuff will fuck your head up. Just look what it's done to wiggy.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think it's hilarious any Browns fans would be dumb enough to think the team is the next Pats dynasty.

My guess is the fans that are saying that nonsense all drink unfiltered Lake Erie water. That stuff will fuck your head up. Just look what it's done to wiggy.

lol I hear ya...

fans are gonna be fans, simply put. gotta take the bad with the good...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what happens when you hire an agent to be your general manager.

If I was a Lakers fan I would want the following:

-Pelinka to be fired

-both of the Rambis' to be exiled off the premises

-for Jeanie Buss to hire a credible Team President and then to get the fuck out of his way and that she effectively disapears from the media spotlight

-Let the credible Team President hire the coach
Disagree about Kurt and Linda Rambis. Unless you know something about what's going on in the front office that us mere mortals haven't heard about - you have nothing to base that on.

Disagree somewhat about Jeanie - I think she should establish herself as the top dog like the Late Dr Jerry Buss did and be involved like he was. Don't need a V.P. of operations. One hell of a general manager.

I am on the fence concerning Pelinka and believe it possible that he has been getting a bad rap - I would be happier to the see the Lakers front office with Jeanie take over and quit letting the Newsmedia running the show. It's like they wait until ESPN(shitty station) hammer them over and over and then do what what ESPN suggests need to be done. Same thing with the writers for the Los Angeles Times. They got to stop listening to a bunch of dumb ass analysts on those stations who think they know everything. You don't know what decisions were made by Pelinka and which ones were made by Magic Johnson. Magic Johnson may have been the problem. Just because he has been a successful owner for the Los Angeles Dodgers, doesn't mean he made good decisions. He is a minority owner for pr only and not be all that savy in the NBA.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what happens when you hire an agent to be your general manager.

If I was a Lakers fan I would want the following:

-Pelinka to be fired

-both of the Rambis' to be exiled off the premises

-for Jeanie Buss to hire a credible Team President and then to get the fuck out of his way and that she effectively disapears from the media spotlight

-Let the credible Team President hire the coach

I'll agree with everything here, other than letting Mrs. Rambis keep her special events job, whatever that entails. Just stay out of the business ON the court.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll agree with everything here, other than letting Mrs. Rambis keep her special events job, whatever that entails. Just stay out of the business ON the court.
I mean, this is what the Browns did and it has worked out great for them.

They stopped all the nonsense, hired Dorsey, and got out of his way. He has now hired his own coach, brought in his own management team, etc.

The Browns were a mess- meddling owner, no kind of defined structure in the front office, competing interests, coaches, coordinators, front office and management not on the same page- etc.

It was all solved by the Haslme's taking a back seat- hiring Dorsey and letting him do his job.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree about Kurt and Linda Rambis. Unless you know something about what's going on in the front office that us mere mortals haven't heard about - you have nothing to base that on.

Disagree somewhat about Jeanie - I think she should establish herself as the top dog like the Late Dr Jerry Buss did and be involved like he was. Don't need a V.P. of operations. One hell of a general manager.

I am on the fence concerning Pelinka and believe it possible that he has been getting a bad rap - I would be happier to the see the Lakers front office with Jeanie take over and quit letting the Newsmedia running the show. It's like they wait until ESPN(shitty station) hammer them over and over and then do what what ESPN suggests need to be done. Same thing with the writers for the Los Angeles Times. They got to stop listening to a bunch of dumb ass analysts on those stations who think they know everything. You don't know what decisions were made by Pelinka and which ones were made by Magic Johnson. Magic Johnson may have been the problem. Just because he has been a successful owner for the Los Angeles Dodgers, doesn't mean he made good decisions. He is a minority owner for pr only and not be all that savy in the NBA.

You'd have to be the ultimate homer to think that Kurt and Linda Rambis aren't pulling the strings right now.

Jeanie's not going to establish herself as the top dog because that's not her nature. Also, she really has no knowledge of how to run the Lakers, or really any NBA franchise for that matter. If she did, she wouldn't be hiring friends into critical positions of the franchise.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, this is what the Browns did and it has worked out great for them.

They stopped all the nonsense, hired Dorsey, and got out of his way. He has now hired his own coach, brought in his own management team, etc.

The Browns were a mess- meddling owner, no kind of defined structure in the front office, competing interests, coaches, coordinators, front office and management not on the same page- etc.

It was all solved by the Haslme's taking a back seat- hiring Dorsey and letting him do his job.
Agree with your premise, but an FYI. There was a defined structure in the FO and it was exactly the same as it was when Dorsey was in Kansas City.

The Dorsey Dismissal: Where It Went Wrong in K.C.

An excerpt - "The truth is, some of this traces back to a shift in the organizational model in 2013. Scott Pioli was the only person on the football side reporting to Hunt from 2009-12, and Hunt changed that, in part, because he wanted more oversight. So Reid, Dorsey and president Mark Donovan would all report to Hunt, as Hunt was determined not to let problems fester as they had with Pioli and ex-coach Todd Haley."

Problems with Haley? Big shock, huh? And agree current structure is better. But when you have good players (especially the QB) structure doesn't matter.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with your premise, but an FYI. There was a defined structure in the FO and it was exactly the same as it was when Dorsey was in Kansas City.

The Dorsey Dismissal: Where It Went Wrong in K.C.

An excerpt - "The truth is, some of this traces back to a shift in the organizational model in 2013. Scott Pioli was the only person on the football side reporting to Hunt from 2009-12, and Hunt changed that, in part, because he wanted more oversight. So Reid, Dorsey and president Mark Donovan would all report to Hunt, as Hunt was determined not to let problems fester as they had with Pioli and ex-coach Todd Haley."

Problems with Haley? Big shock, huh? And agree current structure is better. But when you have good players (especially the QB) structure doesn't matter.
plus Todd Haley is an asshole- as we saw last year.