• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers to hire a doormat as head coach.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are from Washighton State...Hey guys i'm a huge lakers fan! SMH!

It's been a decade since they lifted anything, we didn't even have HD TV to view it back then lol
Hd tvs came out in 2004 numbnuts. Lakers won 2 titles since then. Stll more then Cleveland has in their entire history.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge congrats to them being good a decade ago. They currently suck, and are right next to the Knicks as the biggest laughingstock in the NBA. Congrats.

And yet have just as much chance as winning the championship this year as your fantastic sixers do.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if you've been paying attention or not. But the Lakers aren't exactly thinking here. Hiring Ujiri would be common sense. But I'd have to imagine that Ujiri likes the stable environment that he has right now. Take homerism aside, would you want to go work for the Lakers and the Rambis Trust. I sure as fuck wouldn't.

Oh I have been paying attention. I wish the Lakers no ill will but have enjoyed the gong show this year. I have enjoyed seeing LJ not get everything going his way for the first time in his life. I don't even dislike him, he just reminds me of Tom Brady as a guy who just get's way too much in life. It's nice to see guys like him struggle for a bit. Even out if you know what I mean. Of course I realize that he has and will always have way more than any of us will ever have but it's nice to see a little karma bounce every once in a while.

Ujiri has fixed a very very broken Toronto team. It isn't perfect and it's probably not going to bring in a banner but at least he's made them super competitive, they have a chance this year. Toronto isn't LA, it's arguably the third or fourth largest market in the NBA and probably the biggest if you consider the whole country is the 'market'.

I'm sure both Kawhi and Ujiri are very comfortable in Toronto. It's a good organization that is now competent and treats them very well. Toronto is not however a 'Holy Grail' franchise. I could see both of them wanting to accomplish that. Bring a Championship to a Holy Grail franchise. If Ujiri meets with LA, he will be the MAN in the room, none of those clowns are going to intimidate him and if they try he will say fuck you and stay in Toronto. If Ujiri goes to LA it will be on his terms.

Ujiri can fix broken.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrone Lue will not be hired as Lakers coach - the Lakers offered him a three year deal/18 million. He turned it down and asked for a five year deal. Having had coaches that sucked for the last seven years has left the Lakers reluctant to accept, so the search is still on

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet have just as much chance as winning the championship this year as your fantastic sixers do.

Sure, along with 6 other teams. Never thought the sixers would win it this year anyway. But at least we aren't a laughingstock. I mean Kurt Rambis basically runs the Lakers. For fucks sake. Lmao.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, along with 6 other teams. Never thought the sixers would win it this year anyway. But at least we aren't a laughingstock. I mean Kurt Rambis basically runs the Lakers. For fucks sake. Lmao.

You are correct.

What's your point?

Or are you under the impression that laughing at a situation that I have no control of would hurt my feelings?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct.

What's your point?

Or are you under the impression that laughing at a situation that I have no control of would hurt my feelings?

Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings. I just said the Lakers are a huge joke, that was my main point. You're the one that replied to me. Shrugs...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Couple of things here:

1) It's ridiculous that the Lakers were insisting on Lue having certain assistants. It's also incredibility insulting to tie the contract length to match Lebron's deal. This is amateur hour stuff here

2) How fucking low and insulting was the first offer if the Lakers 2nd offer was 3 years, 18 mil? For fucks sake, Scott Brooks makes more. Kerr got paid in that ball park BEFORE he won championships. Look, you've all seen have my doubts about just how good Lue is but you can't argue his resume. You're paying for that resume whether you like it or not. If you don't like it, don't interview him to begin with! This goes back to a point I've made here before. The Buss Family runs this damn franchise like a mom and pop dime store despite being the wealthiest franchise in the league. They don't invest in analytics. They don't invest in the best training and development methods. They cut corners. There's no salary cap for a coach. If he's the top target like they claimed he was, PAY THE DAMN MONEY.

3) Ramona's last tweet there should get Pelinka fired IMMEDIATELY. He thought Lue had no other offers so they had the leverage. That's a complete misread. It's totally the opposite. Lue had the leverage. Their other top candidate turned them down. Lebron likes him. Lue has the better resume. All the cards were with Lue. This is just more evidence (along with the Davis fiasco) that Pelinka appears to be vastly over his head. Yet Jeanie insisted on keeping him around when Magic quit instead of hiring a new PBO to clean up and start fresh.

Two mediocre coaches turned them down despite having tools in place to be good (Lebron, LEBRON FUCKING JAMES, cap space, and young assets). Jeanie Buss and her people have no fucking clue what they are doing

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Couple of things here:

1) It's ridiculous that the Lakers were insisting on Lue having certain assistants. It's also incredibility insulting to tie the contract length to match Lebron's deal. This is amateur hour stuff here

2) How fucking low and insulting was the first offer if the Lakers 2nd offer was 3 years, 18 mil? For fucks sake, Scott Brooks makes more. Kerr got paid in that ball park BEFORE he won championships. Look, you've all seen have my doubts about just how good Lue is but you can't argue his resume. You're paying for that resume whether you like it or not. If you don't like it, don't interview him to begin with! This goes back to a point I've made here before. The Buss Family runs this damn franchise like a mom and pop dime store despite being the wealthiest franchise in the league. They don't invest in analytics. They don't invest in the best training and development methods. They cut corners. There's no salary cap for a coach. If he's the top target like they claimed he was, PAY THE DAMN MONEY.

3) Ramona's last tweet there should get Pelinka fired IMMEDIATELY. He thought Lue had no other offers so they had the leverage. That's a complete misread. It's totally the opposite. Lue had the leverage. Their other top candidate turned them down. Lebron likes him. Lue has the better resume. All the cards were with Lue. This is just more evidence (along with the Davis fiasco) that Pelinka appears to be vastly over his head. Yet Jeanie insisted on keeping him around when Magic quit instead of hiring a new PBO to clean up and start fresh.

Two mediocre coaches turned them down despite having tools in place to be good (Lebron, LEBRON FUCKING JAMES, cap space, and young assets). Jeanie Buss and her people have no fucking clue what they are doing
I am not a big fan on hiring Tyrone Lue to be honest. I hate to see the Lakers become Cleveland Cavaliers #2. I know Magic Johnson has left the building, but this rebuild for the Lakers needs to be different and have it's own unique brand.

One thing, I think 18 million/3 years is enough - Tyrone Lue was a good coach for LeBron, but he wasn't the second coming of Jesus either and once LeBron is gone - he needs to be gone with LeBron and that's why the Lakers didn't hire him. I would prefer a more experienced and mature coach that LeBron can look up to and treat with respect. All of the younger coaches needs to go a different direction.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hubie Brown

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrone Lue will not be hired as Lakers coach - the Lakers offered him a three year deal/18 million. He turned it down and asked for a five year deal. Having had coaches that sucked for the last seven years has left the Lakers reluctant to accept, so the search is still on

I thought who in there right mind would turn down 18 Million.

But then I realized ...do you really have to go back to work when your old job owes you 10 million?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a big fan on hiring Tyrone Lue to be honest. I hate to see the Lakers become Cleveland Cavaliers #2. I know Magic Johnson has left the building, but this rebuild for the Lakers needs to be different and have it's own unique brand.

One thing, I think 18 million/3 years is enough - Tyrone Lue was a good coach for LeBron, but he wasn't the second coming of Jesus either and once LeBron is gone - he needs to be gone with LeBron and that's why the Lakers didn't hire him. I would prefer a more experienced and mature coach that LeBron can look up to and treat with respect. All of the younger coaches needs to go a different direction.

There are other coaches that make more than what Lue would've made. I don't think Lue's the 2nd coming of Popovich, but that offer was insulting.

And that's fine you don't want to be Cleveland Cavaliers #2. But if you could go to 3 straight Finals and win one (there won't be a 4th year with Lebron), I'm sure you'd take it at this juncture.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) You should want to see the Lakers become the Cavs #2 considering they made 3 or 4 finals with Lue as coach.

2) They gave Walton a 5 year deal. A coach with zero experience. Lue is a coach who won a title which must count for something but you want to give him a 3 yr deal and choose his staff?

tenor.gif

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron's coattail-riding coach wants credit for Lebron's championship to get paid and a 5 year contract (beyond Lebron's commitment to the Lakers). Let's be serious here; Lue was their target BECAUSE of his relationship with Lebron. Why would the Lakers commit to him beyond their contract with Lebron? Just so that they can pay him for 2 seasons they predictably will fire him before completing? Where is all the interest from other teams in hiring Lue?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are other coaches that make more than what Lue would've made. I don't think Lue's the 2nd coming of Popovich, but that offer was insulting.

And that's fine you don't want to be Cleveland Cavaliers #2. But if you could go to 3 straight Finals and win one (there won't be a 4th year with Lebron), I'm sure you'd take it at this juncture.

Kerr makes $6M. Sure, there are some that make more (Doc and Pop at $10M make some sense, Brooks/Carlisle/Casey at $7M do not). You honestly think Lue deserves more than Kerr? He has 2.5 years experience carrying Lebron's golf clubs.