• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers to hire a doormat as head coach.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raps better win it this year because I could see Ujiri leaving for the Lakers job....and probably bringing Kawhi with him.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao. The Lakers are a HUGE joke.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not allowing a coach to choose his assistants will likely end negotiations lol

Seriously. How are you going to try and hire a coach, but tell him who he has to put on his staff? If it doesn't work out, Lue could point out he didn't have the right assistants.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not very smart for Lue to walk away, who else is going to hire that fool?

Lue's still getting $10 mil from the Cavs. If he took the job, it's likely that the money from his previous contract is voided. The contract he's being offered essentially means he gains little from being the Lakers' coach unless he had more years.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they are. For now.

But at least I got to see them lift a championship trophy 10 times.

How about you?

Lmao

You are from Washighton State...Hey guys i'm a huge lakers fan! SMH!

It's been a decade since they lifted anything, we didn't even have HD TV to view it back then lol

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue's still getting $10 mil from the Cavs. If he took the job, it's likely that the money from his previous contract is voided. The contract he's being offered essentially means he gains little from being the Lakers' coach unless he had more years.

Did not know that. Thanks.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue is by no means a great coach, but i think he was a good fit because of LeBron. I liked Monty Williams more- but after Williams was hired by the Suns i thought it was obvious Lue would be the choice- a guy that has playoff experience and that LeBron will isten to and can manage personalities very well.

his x's and o's? yah--- NOT GREAT BOB. lol...

but we shall see.

I hope they hire JAson Kidd to be the head coach and sign Jimmy Butler.

Agreed.

Lue's not a great coach, but he's worked with Lebron and has had success and more importantly, he has buy-in from Lebron. If you're building a team around Lebron, probably would be great to have a coach that has familiarity and a good record with.

Having said that, the Lakers are going to land into Jason Kidd. I would rather have Lue as a coach overall than Kidd. Especially with the baggage that Kidd comes with.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
supposedly one of the sticking points for Lue was that Jeanie and Linda Rambis wanted Kurt Rambis on the staff and Lue refused and said he wanted his own staff. LOL

I think it was Kidd that they're trying to saddle him with.

But same premise - you're hiring a coach whom you don't even trust to put his own staff together. And they're likely doing this with every candidate. And probably did it with Monty as well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are from Washighton State...Hey guys i'm a huge lakers fan! SMH!

It's been a decade since they lifted anything, we didn't even have HD TV to view it back then lol

Yep. You can only root for a sports team in the state where you live. That's the way it works.

I best let every NBA, NFL or MLB fan outside of the US know that they're frauds.

Additionally... no, i'm not from WA

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raps better win it this year because I could see Ujiri leaving for the Lakers job....and probably bringing Kawhi with him.

Don't know if you've been paying attention or not. But the Lakers aren't exactly thinking here. Hiring Ujiri would be common sense. But I'd have to imagine that Ujiri likes the stable environment that he has right now. Take homerism aside, would you want to go work for the Lakers and the Rambis Trust. I sure as fuck wouldn't.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. You can only root for a sports team in the state where you live. That's the way it works.

I best let every NBA, NFL or MLB fan outside of the US know that they're frauds.

Additionally... no, i'm not from WA

He's a moron.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they are. For now.

But at least I got to see them lift a championship trophy 10 times.

How about you?

Lmao

Huge congrats to them being good a decade ago. They currently suck, and are right next to the Knicks as the biggest laughingstock in the NBA. Congrats.