• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers Roll Call Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We almost let this sucker slip away, but I found it on the 8th page. Can't let our roll call thread get away because next year the Lakers are going to be contending again

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep hope alive MLK once said.....we're in that valley right now after being in the peak most years. Suck it up, be patient, look for a possible diamond in the rough in draft, lure a couple of FA's, maybe trade Pau??

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep hope alive MLK once said.....we're in that valley right now after being in the peak most years. Suck it up, be patient, look for a possible diamond in the rough in draft, lure a couple of FA's, maybe trade Pau??

I say tank it and get a draft pick in the top five to put with a couple of decent signings. Resign Gasol or offer him 11 million a year so - if he declines - then let him walk.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers nation all day no matter what. :suds:

Fuck the Heat, especially their fans (Bandwagons).
Fuck the Celtics, I have respect for them, but hate them.
Fuck the Suns, especially their fans (Pussies).
Fuck the Clippers, fake ass fans need to go back to San Diego.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bam no worries . I see many threads where the lakers will build through free agency.

Tlf, while it seems no a moot point, there is no reason to keep gasol and if he was healthy, I think Mitch could have moved him prior to the deadline for assets. Groin changes that.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers nation all day no matter what. :suds:

Fuck the Heat, especially their fans (Bandwagons).
Fuck the Celtics, I have respect for them, but hate them.
Fuck the Suns, especially their fans (Pussies).
Fuck the Clippers, fake ass fans need to go back to San Diego.

:laugh3:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bam no worries . I see many threads where the lakers will build through free agency.

Tlf, while it seems no a moot point, there is no reason to keep gasol and if he was healthy, I think Mitch could have moved him prior to the deadline for assets. Groin changes that.

I don't know how much the groin really changes his ability to be moved before the deadline. He is still playing at a high level. The Lakers don't play again until Tuesday, so we'll see how he looks after a few days of rest and treatment.

I think his level of play may be raising the asking price. It also means that not trading him and then re-signing him for a lesser amount (say $8-10 million) for a couple of seasons may not be such a bad thing. Especially if the Lakers get a big in the draft whom he can mentor for a couple of seasons.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:
I don't know how much the groin really changes his ability to be moved before the deadline. He is still playing at a high level. The Lakers don't play again until Tuesday, so we'll see how he looks after a few days of rest and treatment.

I think his level of play may be raising the asking price. It also means that not trading him and then re-signing him for a lesser amount (say $8-10 million) for a couple of seasons may not be such a bad thing. Especially if the Lakers get a big in the draft whom he can mentor for a couple of seasons.

I post the above and then open up my newspaper to read that Pau is looking at missing the next 3 games!!:L

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YEAH - I have changed my mind about that with that groin injury of his. At this point trade him for the best first round draft pick they can get or two - tank the season and then waltz into the free agency with two or three draft picks with atleast one of them being in the top five and plenty of cash to sign one or possibly two top quality free agencies.

AND FOR GOD'S SAKE - WAIVE NASH AND DISTRIBUTE HIS SALARY AGAINST THE CAP OVER THE NEXT THREE YEARS.

At that point the only bad contract would be Kobe Bryant

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On the other hand if the Lakers could get a first round draft pick from a lottery team - they would dump 18 million and be under the cap and avoid the luxary caps and reset for the repeat violators to start all over again.

fpliii

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo, don't post here very often but lurk from time-to-time.

Rough season so far, eh? Well, at least we should get a top 5-6 pick and put ourselves in good position for FA.

Status
Not open for further replies.