• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers 2014 Off-Season Thread

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bazemore is close to re-signing too

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just going to state that Hangman. Bazemore will be in the fold with a mult-year deal. This is going to be another fun team to watch and if B. Scott shows up, our D might drastically improve.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just going to state that Hangman. Bazemore will be in the fold with a mult-year deal. This is going to be another fun team to watch and if B. Scott shows up, our D might drastically improve.

Monroe & Ariza would be great.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those two would bring the defensive intensity and Ariza would contribute to both O and D.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling this is going to be a young (except for Kobe) athletic team that is going to be a lot of fun to watch.

If they bring in B. Scott to coach and Kobe is healthy, they will get after it on defense too. Scott and Kobe won't stand for anything less.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree TJF12. I think this team is really doing well in the transition from old guys to new. I really like what Mitch did today with that Lin trade. We get back into a draft that our only hope was to buy a pick like we did this year with Clarkson.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-The Lin deal is a solid one. We got a serviceable starter on a one year deal and a 1st round pick for nothing. Suns are matching any offers on Bledsoe and while I like Isaiah Thomas, he's not that much better than Lin. So when you toss in the 1st round pick, it's likely the best LA was gonna get for a PG. All of you whining that Farmar left can rest easy now because Lin is better than Farmar

-9 Mil a year for Hill is too much but it's survivable because its essentially a 1 year deal. LA has a team option for 2015.

-Nick Young is a reckless knucklehead but I can live with his contract. I've said before here that 7 mil or more and he's not worth it. 5 is reasonable.

-It's gonna suck losing Gasol. If Mitch has already signed these deals, I don't think LA has the room to do a S&T to get any assets for him. The CBA is filled with quirky tidbits with cap holds, S&T rules, etc. It's possible to navigate through that if the timing is right of when each deal is signed but its going to be a big bummer if we don't get any assets back.

I've just glanced at it and it looks like LA has basically made all their moves that they can. Could be wrong but there's not enough left to get Lance Stephenson or Greg Monroe. And with no assets coming back for Pau...that basically means this team is going to flat out stink if Kobe is nowhere near healthy. And if Kobe is healthy, they'll be average at best. There's got to be another move here somewhere in the next day or so or in the future. Either some way some how get a legit starter like Stephenson or Monroe or something to gain more assets. Because collectively, the roster isn't anything to smirk about

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-The Lin deal is a solid one. We got a serviceable starter on a one year deal and a 1st round pick for nothing. Suns are matching any offers on Bledsoe and while I like Isaiah Thomas, he's not that much better than Lin. So when you toss in the 1st round pick, it's likely the best LA was gonna get for a PG. All of you whining that Farmar left can rest easy now because Lin is better than Farmar

-9 Mil a year for Hill is too much but it's survivable because its essentially a 1 year deal. LA has a team option for 2015.

-Nick Young is a reckless knucklehead but I can live with his contract. I've said before here that 7 mil or more and he's not worth it. 5 is reasonable.

-It's gonna suck losing Gasol. If Mitch has already signed these deals, I don't think LA has the room to do a S&T to get any assets for him. The CBA is filled with quirky tidbits with cap holds, S&T rules, etc. It's possible to navigate through that if the timing is right of when each deal is signed but its going to be a big bummer if we don't get any assets back.

I've just glanced at it and it looks like LA has basically made all their moves that they can. Could be wrong but there's not enough left to get Lance Stephenson or Greg Monroe. And with no assets coming back for Pau...that basically means this team is going to flat out stink if Kobe is nowhere near healthy. And if Kobe is healthy, they'll be average at best. There's got to be another move here somewhere in the next day or so or in the future. Either some way some how get a legit starter like Stephenson or Monroe or something to gain more assets. Because collectively, the roster isn't anything to smirk about

That's about right unless they stretch nash. They got something like 3 mil left.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they trade Nash they'll a lot more. I don't know if there is a hint of that left.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pau signs elsewhere, that means the Lakers got nothing out of Howard and Gasol in back to back off seasons.

This will be the reason this team is mediocre and may be for some time. They gave up 1st rounders to get Howard and got nothing when he left. They most likely won't get anything for Gasol and they gave up 1st rounders for a broken down Nash.

That is the way to wreck a franchise by being short sighted and playing for the here and now ( which of course backfired big time ).

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and we all know who pulled the trigger on that insanity giving away all those number ones!

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and we all know who pulled the trigger on that insanity giving away all those number ones!

I said at the time that it was time to rebuild and trade players for youngsters and picks and everyone was saying it was time to reload or retool. Now the Lakers are screwed. No picks and no young core to build around. Those first round picks could be some really nice role players right now.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder with all the signings how much cap space is left.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I thought Bazemore agreed to a deal and was going to sign tomorrow. I guess he changed his mind or didn't like the deal he got from the Lakers. He had been talking with the Hawks and I guess they gave him a better deal.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pau signs elsewhere, that means the Lakers got nothing out of Howard and Gasol in back to back off seasons.

This will be the reason this team is mediocre and may be for some time. They gave up 1st rounders to get Howard and got nothing when he left. They most likely won't get anything for Gasol and they gave up 1st rounders for a broken down Nash.

That is the way to wreck a franchise by being short sighted and playing for the here and now ( which of course backfired big time ).

That's retroactive thinking at its finest. You make the deal for Howard every time. You don't get rid of either Howard or Gasol if you think you have a shot at keeping them, which LA did. If you want to get mad, there are only two moves LA screwed up roster wise the last couple of years.

One is giving up 2 picks for Steve Nash. It's somewhat justifiable at the time but it was always a high risk. It's going to hurt the most because we're likely in the lottery this year again and PHX will get that pick. We have to get in the Top 5 in the draft in order to keep it.

The other is paying Kobe Bryant that ridiculous 20+ mil per year deal. I don't blame Kobe for taking it because I'm of the belief that stars get fucked by the CBA anyway and should look to get theirs but the front office had no business giving him that deal. They were bidding against no one. What was he gonna do, leave? With his health issues and age, the most he would have gotten on the open market was 10 mil. LA could have still paid him nicely at 15 to 17 mil and gave some wiggle room but they didn't for reasons that make no sense at all.