• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers 2014 Off-Season Thread

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony back to Knicks. Lakers wasted time chasing him. Should have focused on second tier free agents this year. Anthony only cares for the money. He does not care about winning.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony back to Knicks. Lakers wasted time chasing him. Should have focused on second tier free agents this year. Anthony only cares for the money. He does not care about winning.

Heard on twitter that we're waiting on officially signing Swaggy, trying to pull off a sign and trade with Chicago

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gasol will probably be a Bull at the end of the day. I am seeing a lot of different scenarios of who is coming and going but we shall see.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One scenario has Gasol and Swaggy for Boozer and picks. Another has Gasol for Boozer and picks. Another has Gasol and Swaggy for Dunleavy and picks. Another has Gasol and Swaggy for Boozer, a pick, and Dunleavy. So at this juncture the only constant is Gasol to the Bulls.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this state,emt to a point

Anthony is like most of the players out there in that they would like to get paid as much as possible. I have no problem with that. This is America - at least it was before Obama took office.

So I agree Anthony cares about the money but I also think he cares about winning - or at least he cares about Phil Jackson's vision of winning. Saying Anthony doesn't care about winning is a bit of a slap in the face to Jackson. Jackson is trying to build a winner in NY.

He shed some dead weight on the Knicks and will be positioned for 2015 to get some other pieces.
Yes Anthony took the money but he also put faith in Jackson that they will get other players around him after this year.

Knicks are not going to compete this year for a championship. But even with Anthony in the fold for the Lakers I don't think Lakers would be a championship team either this year.

So it will be a lost year for Anthony regardless of what team he is on in my opinion. He took the money to stay with NY and he also put his faith in Jackson. Let me ask Laker fans - who would you have more confidence in - Phil Jackson or Short Buss?

Also, I'm no big fan of Lebron but he routinely still gets criticized for his move to Miami where he took less money rather than staying with Cleveland.

It looks like to me he choose winning over money but we criticize him for it. But then we want Anthony to do the same thing and choose winning over money. I know Lebron is an easy target but he gets a raw deal a lot of times. Just my opinion.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this state,emt to a point

Anthony is like most of the players out there in that they would like to get paid as much as possible. I have no problem with that. This is America - at least it was before Obama took office.

So I agree Anthony cares about the money but I also think he cares about winning - or at least he cares about Phil Jackson's vision of winning. Saying Anthony doesn't care about winning is a bit of a slap in the face to Jackson. Jackson is trying to build a winner in NY.

He shed some dead weight on the Knicks and will be positioned for 2015 to get some other pieces.
Yes Anthony took the money but he also put faith in Jackson that they will get other players around him after this year.

Knicks are not going to compete this year for a championship. But even with Anthony in the fold for the Lakers I don't think Lakers would be a championship team either this year.

So it will be a lost year for Anthony regardless of what team he is on in my opinion. He took the money to stay with NY and he also put his faith in Jackson. Let me ask Laker fans - who would you have more confidence in - Phil Jackson or Short Buss?

Also, I'm no big fan of Lebron but he routinely still gets criticized for his move to Miami where he took less money rather than staying with Cleveland.

It looks like to me he choose winning over money but we criticize him for it. But then we want Anthony to do the same thing and choose winning over money. I know Lebron is an easy target but he gets a raw deal a lot of times. Just my opinion.

I agree with you, but leave the politics out it.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Bulls swap salaries & send a pick? Swapping dead money expiring salary for a dead money expiring salary makes zero sense. It defeats the purpose of trading an expiring salary if you are receiving one back.

Honestly, because the bulls need to pay Boozer 16.8 million if they are stuck amnestying him. That decision needs to be made by the 16th, wednesday. Gasol turned down 20 million from the lakers, his options were MLE with OKC or san antonio. Sounds like the bulls are gonna overpay for a position we have an all star already, a power forward in Gibson that deserves to start, and Mirotic supposedly coming from europe. The pick would simply be to balance out salary. boozer is a west coast player, he would do better for you guys, even though he would probably be behind your draft pick real quick.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind Lin starting, not horrible. I really would rather waive Nash, frees up some $$

Nah, no need to. They will clear up more space by just eating the full $9 million this year and letting all of it come off the books for next years FA class.

The only reason to do it now would be to free up space for Ariza or Monroe. Since it doesn't look like they are coming, just keep him and eat it.