• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers 2014 Off-Season Thread

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea TJF12. That is what is mind boggling about this affair with these two FAs. It is if the Lakers just put everything on hold when the FA signing period opened to wait on these two guys and Farmar's comments have corroborated what apparently players are beginning to question. Meeks hasn't said anything publically primarily because (I am speculating here) I think when Detroit offered him that amount of cash, he didn't blink but was goneso like yesterday.

Like I stated earlier, being clandestined is O.K. but if you don't know how to pull off the balance that is needed in these situations, the silence can come back to bite you in the ass. If they wait too long, short buss (and maybe Jeannie and Mitch this time) is going to get hammered for being perceived as the idiot everyone knows he is .

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could end up with a pretty shitty line up next season, If Gasol, Hill, Young all leave. Let's not forget no 1st round pick next season. :L

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected that. When Anthony signs, Gasol will follow shortly thereafter. I think Phil did the better sales job than Jeannie and Mitch.

Jeannie should have used this as a negotiating tactic:

Jeannie --> :bj: <-- Melo

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could end up with a pretty shitty line up next season, If Gasol, Hill, Young all leave. Let's not forget no 1st round pick next season. :L

I believe it's top 5 protected. I also believe the Lakers won't be THAT bad though!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Farmar could have been more patient. It's not like he signed some huge long term contract with the Clippers. He was well aware of what the Lakers were doing and the Lakers did contact him early on.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected that. When Anthony signs, Gasol will follow shortly thereafter. I think Phil did the better sales job than Jeannie and Mitch.
I think the 129 mil. was the kicker

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lookin like we're gonna have a good shot at signing Isiah Thomas however. Who comes after that is anybody's guess

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: Well since we lost Farmar and Meeks and maybe Bazemore, Thomas will be a welcomed addition.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sources confirm that Melo is going to stay in New York. Trust me, this is a blessing, gentlemen.

Carmelo Anthony will re-sign with the Knicks "barring a last minute change of heart," according to the NY Daily News.
The report adds Anthony had been "agonizing over this" for the past week. "He will have something for everybody on Thursday," an anonymous friend of Anthony said. "He is really torn because this is the biggest decision of his career. But he wants to get it done in New York. He told me he believes in Phil." The Knicks are likely going to have a tough time winning a title this season because of the contracts of Amare Stoudemire and Andrea Bargnani, but things will get better next year. Hopefully this news becomes official and more free agents can agree on deals. Additionally, Yahoo! reported just minutes following this news that Anthony's circle believes it's always possible to ask for a trade later. Jul 9 - 3:57 PM

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lookin like we're gonna have a good shot at signing Isiah Thomas however. Who comes after that is anybody's guess

A midget score-first PG who doesn't play defense. Not someone I would consider unless it's only a one year commitment.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Lasportzphan. We are all yappin' about this over on the general board. Everyone over there is waiting for James to make his decision. One down and one to go and then everyone else will start signing. Parsons has already made his move to Dallas but Houston has 3 days to match. Gasol will be the next to move and I believe it'll be N.Y. since Anthony is going there as well.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A midget score-first PG who doesn't play defense. Not someone I would consider unless it's only a one year commitment.

Yea Lakersule. I am not sold on mightymite. I was hoping Bazemore would be retained. I don't think he has signed with the Hawks as reported earlier. Farmar and Meeks are gone so the pickings are getting thin.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Lakersule. I am not sold on mightymite. I was hoping Bazemore would be retained. I don't think he has signed with the Hawks as reported earlier. Farmar and Meeks are gone so the pickings are getting thin.

Bazemore is being patient.

No way Meeks was going to get that contract from the Lakers. So, not a surprise there.

Very much surprised Farmar showed no patience. Heck, even Swaggy is keeping quiet.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I agree on Meeks, Lakersrule. When Detroit dumped that kind of scratch in Meek's lap, there was no question that the Lakers were not going to put up any resistance. Farmar, I am not sure on. Swaggy is definitely hanging tough. Not a single word about him can be found anywhere.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I agree on Meeks, Lakersrule. When Detroit dumped that kind of scratch in Meek's lap, there was no question that the Lakers were not going to put up any resistance. Farmar, I am not sure on. Swaggy is definitely hanging tough. Not a single word about him can be found anywhere.

Well that's he a good sign, like I said a couple of weeks ago " he needs to keep his mouth shut".

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not sure where the comparison chart is but saw image few weeks ago that his numbers were better than kyrie irving last year. still kills me that lakers drafted both darius morris and Andrew goudelock over him. not saying hes going to be a top pg in league or anything. but easily better than what had last year.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's based on the same Isola article. Carmelo's agent after the fact said he hasn't made a decision. Usually where there is smoke, there is fire though.

They are jumping the gun on this. ESPN already reporting it as fact. Boy I hope they are wrong. They seem to have a habit of making fools out of themselves.