• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers 2014 Off-Season Thread

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave up on ESPN when they went ultra liberal years ago. When they showed that gay episode during the NFL draft that sealed the deal for me. They are so full of it and they are incredibly biased. I watch Fox Sports or some other specific channel when I am watching sports on the tube.

I don't think they are ultra liberal at all. They are just full of themselves as a network. The ancohrs think people want to see them !!! I miss the days of just reporting the action without tear jerker features every show. Everybody has a catch phrase. Thanks Berman!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you guys saw that free agency special they did like a week and a half ago....but they were taking joy in the fact that the Lakers are in the situation that they are in. Smiling,joking, the whole 9. They were talking about the Lakers chances and Chris Broussard said "the lakers aren't getting anybody. It was so unprofessional. ESPN is so pro-Miami that it isn't even funny anymore. Some of them are sounding like they are wishing that Melo goes to the Heat

Saw that. To be honest, part of the reason that I want the Lakers to get 'Melo and/or Lebron is just so they are wrong.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you guys saw that free agency special they did like a week and a half ago....but they were taking joy in the fact that the Lakers are in the situation that they are in. Smiling,joking, the whole 9. They were talking about the Lakers chances and Chris Broussard said "the lakers aren't getting anybody. It was so unprofessional. ESPN is so pro-Miami that it isn't even funny anymore. Some of them are sounding like they are wishing that Melo goes to the Heat

frontrunning is one of the biggest reasons why ESPN is a joke...

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NY daily news' Frank Isola is saying that Melo is expected to sign with Knicks tomorrow

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is crazy, I still think he ends up in NY however

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected that. When Anthony signs, Gasol will follow shortly thereafter. I think Phil did the better sales job than Jeannie and Mitch.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is crazy, I still think he ends up in NY however [MEDIA=twitter]486966498678681600[/MEDIA]

What I don't like about this, is that it's holding up other moves that the Lakers need to make. Also Lakers haven't given Randle his rookie contract yet because of this, wich holding him back from playing in the summer league.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
frontrunning is one of the biggest reasons why ESPN is a joke...

I'm convinced that a big part of the reason that some teams and players become so hated is because of ESPN cramming them down everyone's throat.

During the Pete Carroll era, there was so much Trojan love on ESPN that I was getting sick of us!!:lol:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, LALakersboy, if Mitch isn't careful, it is going to be left flailing in the wind. I think he has already dissed Farmar by the comments the latter made when he signed with the Clips. Talk of betrayal and disrespect and such.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, LALakersboy, if Mitch isn't careful, it is going to be left flailing in the wind. I think he has already dissed Farmar by the comments the latter made when he signed with the Clips. Talk of betrayal and disrespect and such.

What did Mitch say ?

Also another thing that worries me, I don't want us to lose Swaggy P, because of this hold up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't like about this, is that it's holding up other moves that the Lakers need to make. Also Lakers haven't given Randle his rookie contract yet because of this, wich holding him back from playing in the summer league.

If 'Melo doesn't make a decision today, I hope the Lakers decide to just move on.

Get Randle signed so that he can get started in the summer league (which begins Friday) and sign some solid role players to cap friendly deals. Save the cap space for next year when it's supposed to be a deeper FA class and Nash's contract is off the books.

Means they likely won't make the playoffs again and it'll frustrate Kobe, but this is the Lakers. As arrogant as that sounds, they didn't win all of those titles by sitting around waiting on players to make decisions.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did Mitch say ?

Also another thing that worries me, I don't want us to lose Swaggy P, because of this hold up.

The latter means Farmar. Farmar was none-to-pleased about how he was treated this year compared to last year. I read a story on SBNation over the week-end that indicated that after Farmar left a boatload of cash on the table in Italian land to get back in the NBA with the Lakers and he felt his loyalty to the Lakers was sufficient to re-sign, he felt basically left out due to the silence that he noticed and stated that many of the players are beginning to take note. So, he pffftt towards Mitch and walked across the hall.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The latter means Farmar. Farmar was none-to-pleased about how he was treated this year compared to last year. I read a story on SBNation over the week-end that indicated that after Farmar left a boatload of cash on the table in Italian land to get back in the NBA with the Lakers and he felt his loyalty to the Lakers was sufficient to re-sign, he felt basically left out due to the silence that he noticed and stated that many of the players are beginning to take note. So, he pffftt towards Mitch and walked across the hall.

:burt:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's why I hope the Lakers move on if 'Melo doesn't decide today. I don't think the Lakers have done anything directly to disrespect any of these players, they needed to see what big name they would get and what it was going to cost. But there are limits as to how long these guys are going to be willing to wait.

I have said before that the Lakers are the most star driven franchise in a star driven league and I stand by that. However, there are limits as to how long you can wait for anyone, even a star player.

Besides, if they don't get one this year, they'll get one or more over the next couple of years.