• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers 2014 Off-Season Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sweating Farmar. He could have essentially gotten the same deal from the Lakers if he really wanted to stay with the franchise. He's a nice player to have but there are still guys out there. Thomas will be an upgrade if we get him (provided we miss on Melo) but there's also guys on Farmar's level too. Guys like Greivis Vasquez are still on the market. And I wouldn't worry much on missing out on the Bazemores, Henrys, and Johnsons of the world. They'd be nice fill ins around a Melo/Kobe/Pau roster for sure, but don't kid yourselves. They may be young but they are borderline NBA talents, you can scour the bottoms of the FA class and D-League to find guys with equal ability.

And the best Melo tweet I've seen today:

*slow clap*

Last edited by a moderator:

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*slow clap*

Puss-In-Boots-Oooh-Cat-Reaction-Gif.gif

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More fun Twitter rumors: Apparently Gasol is currently in a Beverly Hills restaurant. His dinner guests? Kobe and Melo

No actual reporters have reported it yet so take it for what its worth. One dude did have a picture of Gasol at the place though.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's now being reported that Lebron has become extremely frustrated with not only his inability to win anymore rings in Miami, but he also does not believe that he can go to any current team in the NBA to win a title.

Therefore, he is currently looking to take his talents to his own team. This will be an expansion team that will be located in Akron, Ohio. The name of the team will be the Akron Lebrons. He wanted to name them the Akron Kings, but Sacramento refused to give up their name.

Lebron is said to currently be recruiting Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, Rajon Rondo, Kevin Love and Dwight Howard among others. He has also received permission from the NBA for this team to have no salary cap.

Vegas still has the Spurs as the favorites to win the title next season.

:becky:

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's now being reported that Lebron has become extremely frustrated with not only his inability to win anymore rings in Miami, but he also does not believe that he can go to any current team in the NBA to win a title.

Therefore, he is currently looking to take his talents to his own team. This will be an expansion team that will be located in Akron, Ohio. The name of the team will be the Akron Lebrons. He wanted to name them the Akron Kings, but Sacramento refused to give up their name.

Lebron is said to currently be recruiting Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, Rajon Rondo, Kevin Love and Dwight Howard among others. He has also received permission from the NBA for this team to have no salary cap.

Vegas still has the Spurs as the favorites to win the title next season.

:becky:

what.gif

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to wonder if lakers should sign one of the lower level players to possibly sway a carmelo or lebron to the Lakers...Whether that s ariza, isiah thomas, deng, etc

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want to sign the wrong one though

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to wonder if lakers should sign one of the lower level players to possibly sway a carmelo or lebron to the Lakers...Whether that s ariza, isiah thomas, deng, etc

If the Lakers were to do that then it would definitely have to be a good perimeter defender like Ariza or Deng.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy the talking heads at ESPN sure don't want the Lakers to get Mello LOL. They are trashing the Lakers non stop. A lot of Laker jelousy on that network,

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy the talking heads at ESPN sure don't want the Lakers to get Mello LOL. They are trashing the Lakers non stop. A lot of Laker jelousy on that network,

Bill Simmons? The guy is garbage.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought some were good points. Nobody knows who will be on the roster. In new york he has solid addition in Jose Calderón. Dalembert at one time was a solid defender. It's being sold as a selling point asking potential free agents what coach they would want to play for. But seems that uncertainty is a negative more than positive. It's not as if there's a handful of championship caliber options out there.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'd say its bullshit since it's already been reported by credible sources that Phil has already told Melo he'd give him the 5 year max.

Yeah, probably nonsense. The Knicks willingness to pay him the max was stated before the Lakers became the biggest threat.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Channing Frye is gone. Off to Orlando. Signed a 4 year deal for 30+ million.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gasol is meeting with Scott Brooks of the Thunder as of this writing. He already met with Durant and Westbrook last week in LA. He has also talked with Pat Riley. Gasol has pretty much talked to all of the interested parties as of today.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you guys saw that free agency special they did like a week and a half ago....but they were taking joy in the fact that the Lakers are in the situation that they are in. Smiling,joking, the whole 9. They were talking about the Lakers chances and Chris Broussard said "the lakers aren't getting anybody. It was so unprofessional. ESPN is so pro-Miami that it isn't even funny anymore. Some of them are sounding like they are wishing that Melo goes to the Heat

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave up on ESPN when they went ultra liberal years ago. When they showed that gay episode during the NFL draft that sealed the deal for me. They are so full of it and they are incredibly biased. I watch Fox Sports or some other specific channel when I am watching sports on the tube.