• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lady gaga should be perfect

BigDGarciaFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a super bowl halftime performer, not metallica. Metallica is boring. Beside I never heard of their music and never will

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It needs to be Kanye West. The entertainment value he'd bring if you're a fan or all the insults you can conjure if up if you're not a fan would be off the charts. Either way, its must see. I imagine a 15 minute set culminating with him disappearing into his own asshole

BigDGarciaFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It needs to be Kanye West. The entertainment value he'd bring if you're a fan or all the insults you can conjure if up if you're not a fan would be off the charts. Either way, its must see. I imagine a 15 minute set culminating with him disappearing into his own asshole
I damn kanye if he appears, I damn any boring performer appearing at a super bowl...........by shutting off my TV, just like I did last super bowl

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I damn kanye if he appears, I damn any boring performer appearing at a super bowl...........by shutting off my TV, just like I did last super bowl

I'll let you in on a little secret, the NFL doesn't market the halftime show towards people like you. They market it towards people who normally don't watch the game anyways because it'll draw in extra people.

You get someone who mainstream America likes and will likely tune in to see over some band from the 80's that most middle-aged NFL fans actually remember but the mainstream people don't really care about.

The amount of people who tune in to just the halftime show far outweighs the people who tune out and at the end of the day that's just good business. But I can understand why the 40 and up crowd don't like it but your opinion on the NFL halftime show musical entertainment is way way down on the list that the NFL cares about.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a super bowl halftime performer, not metallica. Metallica is boring. Beside I never heard of their music and never will

How about Village People young man? Barry Manilow might be available or Quuen , you could do Freddy Mercury's part got a moosh got a moosh can you do the fandago?

BigDGarciaFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Village People young man? Barry Manilow might be available or Quuen , you could do Freddy Mercury's part got a moosh got a moosh can you do the fandago?
The last great halftime show was in 2010. "The who" being that Tommy is one of my favorite movies. Makes me wanna play some pinball.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but because the NFL makes billions a year in profits, they no longer believe they have to offer to pay quality musical artists to play the halftime show. Instead, they now demand that the artists pay them for the right to play the show. Thus the only ones who will do it are "pop" artists whose labels and product sponsors like Pepsi are willing to put up the cash grab by the NFL to get to torture us with their autotune and lipsync performances.

It's why were going to be continued to be tortured with acts like Beyonce, Cold Play, and Katy Perry every year from now on.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm not a big Metallica fan, but they're one of the best live performers of all time. They deserved a SB appearance years ago.

Tom Petty? Yawn.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but because the NFL makes billions a year in profits, they no longer believe they have to offer to pay quality musical artists to play the halftime show. Instead, they now demand that the artists pay them for the right to play the show. Thus the only ones who will do it are "pop" artists whose labels and product sponsors like Pepsi are willing to put up the cash grab by the NFL to get to torture us with their autotune and lipsync performances.

It's why were going to be continued to be tortured with acts like Beyonce, Cold Play, and Katy Perry every year from now on.

Someone failed business 101.

But I'm glad you and the other old-timers can get together and jerk each other off talking about how much better music was is your day and because you don't understand why people like "pop" music it must suck and they're the one with the problem.

Last edited:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While none of these will never happen.

If it were a rock act I'd like to see Mastodon, The Sword, or Clutch if we're going with heavy work. If its gonna be a little lighter, but still rockin. Queens of the Stone Age, Them Crooked Vultures, Kyuss or one of the other 27 bands Josh Homme is in.

If we're looking to get funky. Gotta go old school with The Isley Brothers, War (the original War not the rip off artists currently claiming to be War, Tower of Power, The Commodores, before Lionel went all MTV with Hello, I'm talkin the Fancy Dancer, Captain Quickdraw Commodores. Yeah, that would work.

Female singer - Nikka Costa or Joyce Kennedy fronting Mother's Finest would be on point.

I think Regent is right though. Its all commercially driven and viable pop and/or today's country acts which are also pretty pop now-a-days.

The last good halftime show was Prince imo.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If that's the route. Fuck it and go with Cher - as long as she sings Little Man, Half-Breed and Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves. No Half-Breed or no Gypsies or Little Man than fuck Cher to.

If Glen Goins was still alive, Parliament, and they could do a 20 minute rendition of Handcuffs and I'd be cool.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was a joke regarding Lady Gaga, but upon further inspection it appears to be a real possibility. That's a shame. She's ...... just awful. That's about all you can say. Basically the definition of a clown. Not that it matters because I'll probably be hammered during the show anyway, but get ready for a medley of the same four chords over and over again while she repeats the antics of Madonna and Marylin Manson and then everybody praises her for her "talent" and "originality".

Get Ace of Base, get Weird fuckin' Al, get Bob Saget jacking off into a bucket. Hell, bring Katy Perry back. She's just as awful but at least she has huge tits and no penis.

Last edited:

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt that I had a duty to post here

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone failed business 101.

But I'm glad you and the other old-timers can get together and jerk each other off talking about how much better music was is your day and because you don't understand why people like "pop" music it must suck and they're the one with the problem.

If they went with Bobby Sherman from back in the day, you'd cream yourn self.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a Thread?