• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Labor Day weekend finds the Rangers in Anaheim: TEX v LAA 9/3-5

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypothetically speaking, let's say the Rangers offer Correa a very competitive contract, but in the end are outbid by another team. Do we consider that a failure?

(for this discussion let's assume the offer is the final one)
I guess that would depend on what is meant by competitive. I mentioned earlier what Mlbtraderumors.com thought Rendon would get a couple of years ago. Let's say whichever player we go after, is predicted by them to get 7 years and $225 million. If the Rangers offer 7 for $180 million. I wouldn't consider that competitive. If the Rangers offer 7 for $225 then I will consider that competitive. The closer they get to that mark the less likely I am to consider it a failure. Now, of it proves that Mlbtraderumors has missed the market by a good margin and several players are getting a lot more, then I guess all that changes.

I want them to be willing to pay what the market demands when they target someone, unless a team goes crazy, compared to other similar signings. If that means an 8 year deal at $30 million AAV then I want them to make the offer.

As far as I can remember, Rendon is the only guy I felt they had failed at, in not acquiring, in several years. Maybe the first since Abreu.

I remember back in the 80s and 90s there were several guys we went after and couldn't sign without me calling the front office a failure. I never blamed Daniels for not signing Cliff Lee.

Reactions: DTC

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do y’all think these guys #s look like next year?

——————-ERA GS W/L
Hearn
Allard
Otto
Dunning
I am willing to put each of them in the rotation to begin the year.

My guess would be

Dunning, Otto, and Hearn---4.50
Allard---4.80

I think most of them will be in the pen by 2024. I don't mind seeing what they have next season.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Extras for the Pirates and they have once again brought in Dillon Tate to try and mess up our draft pick slot again. He is great at messing up our draft. Lol

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Extras for the Pirates and they have once again brought in Dillon Tate to try and mess up our draft pick slot again. He is great at messing up our draft. Lol
Tate got the out. What do you know?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate gets the loss. But it is the Orioles that lost and not the Pirates like I put in my last note.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solak really wants that 2B job in 2022.

If Solak continues to hit and the Rangers sign one of the SS, would you put IKF at 2B and bench or trade Solak, or would you go with Solak and bench or trade IKF.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Solak continues to hit and the Rangers sign one of the SS, would you put IKF at 2B and bench or trade Solak, or would you go with Solak and bench or trade IKF.
Solak for his bat

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Otto throws strikes. I believe they said in his debut he never went to ball 3 to any batter.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diamondbacks go to extras too.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that would depend on what is meant by competitive. I mentioned earlier what Mlbtraderumors.com thought Rendon would get a couple of years ago. Let's say whichever player we go after, is predicted by them to get 7 years and $225 million. If the Rangers offer 7 for $180 million. I wouldn't consider that competitive. If the Rangers offer 7 for $225 then I will consider that competitive. The closer they get to that mark the less likely I am to consider it a failure. Now, of it proves that Mlbtraderumors has missed the market by a good margin and several players are getting a lot more, then I guess all that changes.

I want them to be willing to pay what the market demands when they target someone, unless a team goes crazy, compared to other similar signings. If that means an 8 year deal at $30 million AAV then I want them to make the offer.

As far as I can remember, Rendon is the only guy I felt they had failed at, in not acquiring, in several years. Maybe the first since Abreu.

I remember back in the 80s and 90s there were several guys we went after and couldn't sign without me calling the front office a failure. I never blamed Daniels for not signing Cliff Lee.

Lee was a great example of what i was going for. A market-competitive offer that ultimately the player didn't accept, for whatever reason.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think the last option

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee was a great example of what i was going for. A market-competitive offer that ultimately the player didn't accept, for whatever reason.
if they go after Correra make a competitive offer and miss out then i hope they have a Plan B and even a Plan C. there are 4 SS's rated in the top 10 of the FA's. Plan A personally would be Story, Plan B would be Correra and Plan C would be Sieger. hell i might even have a Plan D with Siemen.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the team isn’t going to do all their shopping in one off-season but they do have a lot of money to spend and a lot of players available.
Next years opening day payroll including Andrus, Odor and Arbitration estimates is $53 million.
The Rangers comfortably can sit at $150 million and extend up to $180 million if needed as far as I can tell from the most recent past. So I would say as our first year coming out of the rebuild I would assume we could approach $125-$130 million next season. Which would be about $75 million to spend this off-season. Can’t wait to see what they do. I’m sure they will only spend about $50 mil on 3 players but hey, it’s a start.
2 bats and a solid SP

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am willing to put each of them in the rotation to begin the year.

My guess would be

Dunning, Otto, and Hearn---4.50
Allard---4.80

I think most of them will be in the pen by 2024. I don't mind seeing what they have next season.
I think Dunning, Otto and Hearn stay in the rotation. I think Allard and Alexy end up in the bullpen. Cole Winn should be coming up soon.
We need to grab 1 good SP off the FA market.
We do have plenty of depth to take over for Hearn, Otto, and Dunning if one doesn’t work out but we need to add an ACE

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dunning, Otto and Hearn stay in the rotation. I think Allard and Alexy end up in the bullpen. Cole Winn should be coming up soon.
We need to grab 1 good SP off the FA market.
We do have plenty of depth to take over for Hearn, Otto, and Dunning if one doesn’t work out but we need to add an ACE
not sure who will be in the rotation next season could be any of them. and as far as a FA starter unless he is a quality top of the rotation it would be a waste of money. Noah Syndergaard comes to mind