• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavaliers found nothing different from Boston Celtics' reports in Isaiah Thomas' hip

The Cleveland Cavaliers -- who are reportedly balking at the trade that would send Kyrie Irving to the Boston Celtics in exchange for Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic and the 2018 Brooklyn Nets pick -- received no new information from Isaiah Thomas' physical, according to the Boston Herald's Steve Bulpett.

Appearing on The Vertical podcast with Chris Mannix, Bulpett said the Cavaliers weren't surprised by Thomas' medical situation.

"My read is actually from the Cleveland side, and what I hear from there is that nothing they've found is anything different than what was conveyed to the Cavaliers in the trade discussions, and certainly in the medical information that was passed forward," Bulpett told Mannix.

Meanwhile, according to Cleveland.com's Joe Vardon (as well as Bulpett on Mannix's pod), the Cavaliers still haven't actually asked the Celtics for more compensation.

-------------

So, basically, Cleveland is a classless organization looking to hold things up in the hope of extorting extra compensation after a deal had been agreed to in good faith.
"my read"

? lol wtf

you are talking about medical documents protected by federal law- and yo uare quoting this guys "read".

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not too mention disclosing information regarding Thomas health is against the law.

"my read"

you have got to be kidding me.
Friend of mine had a heart valve transplant. Another friend asked me why he was in the hospital. I said "He had a heart valve transplant".

Fuck I'm scared now. Expecting the FBI to pull up to my door any minute.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friend of mine had a heart valve transplant. Another friend asked me why he was in the hospital. I said "He had a heart valve transplant".

HIPAA doesn't apply to you unless you're a medical professional or work closely with medical professionals. It absolutely applies to the medical staff of the Celtics/Cavs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so you think the Cavs leaked their information to a reporter- information taht says "HEY- WE AGREED WITH THE CELTICS"

that makes sense.

and dont be a moron.....did your friend TELL you he had ws going into the hospital? how did you find out?

If ISIAH THOMAS Tells someone something- and that person goes on the radio abd broadcasts it to the world---thats fine

if Isiah Thomas' doctor--- or the Cavs diclose something- thats NOT FINE.

Please, get a clue about what you are talking about.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Void the deal.

Send Kryie to Bucks. Suns get Brogdon, Shump + Bucks 1st. Cavs get Bledsoe & Middleton.

Cavs were offered Brogdon, Middleton, and Bucks 1st for Kyrie. Why involve the Suns? Bledsoe is always hurt.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs were offered Brogdon, Middleton, and Bucks 1st for Kyrie. Why involve the Suns? Bledsoe is always hurt.

I like the combo of Bledsoe/Middleton way more than Brogdon/Middleton for the Cavs. Brogdon has better future value, but Bledsoe helps WAY more for this year.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if there is a material difference in the evaluations of the Celtics and how they represented the injury and what the conculsuion the Cavaliers doctors came to- than they should have to throw in a significant asset. Which would be either the Clippers or Bostons own pick.

If there is not a material difference between the evaluations- and they are relatively similar- then just do the trade as is.

My only concern would be if the Celtics represented that he definitely does not need surgery, but the Cavs doctors come ot the conclusion that the only long term solution to make sure his injury does not re-occur is having surgery.

If thats the case you back out.

If there is a material chance that Thomas needs surgery to correct the problem- then you cant make the deal. Material does not necesarily mean significant- it just means important. For instance- if the Celtics claimed there is a 5% chance he needs surgery- but the Cavs doctors came to the conclusion that their is a 10% chance he needs surgery- that - to me- is not a material difference....now if the Cavs doctors come to the conclusion that he there is a 25% chance he needs surgery- then I think that IS a material difference that the Cavs should be compensated for.

All I was ever asking you was what you thought a fair sweetener would be.
We seem to agree on that.
Guessing on the extent of the injury or difference of opinion between the teams in just that.
End of the day, the Cavs front office has to go with the opinion of their team doctors.

MY opinion is, the Cavs will do everything possible to try to keep the Nets pick.
We should know fairly soon.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"my read"

? lol wtf

you are talking about medical documents protected by federal law- and yo uare quoting this guys "read".
We're all basically going through reporters here. No one has access to actual medical records/documents/etc. Obviously.

Now, that being said... a big reporter typically does have some access to folks surrounding a situation and can pick up some of the informal dialogue going on. This reporter is putting his rep on the line and giving his take.

- Is this report ironclad? No, of course not.
- Is it as good as anything we got right now? Yes.

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you think the Cavs leaked their information to a reporter- information taht says "HEY- WE AGREED WITH THE CELTICS"

that makes sense.

and dont be a moron.....did your friend TELL you he had ws going into the hospital? how did you find out?

If ISIAH THOMAS Tells someone something- and that person goes on the radio abd broadcasts it to the world---thats fine

if Isiah Thomas' doctor--- or the Cavs diclose something- thats NOT FINE.

Please, get a clue about what you are talking about.
I will if you will. I think you take yourself much too seriously.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising that the source here is a Celtics beat writer from the Boston Herald.

Kyrie would be more likely to talk with someone from the Herald than the "Globe".

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Kyrie trade drama has been the best drama of the past week. I hope they keep this up until the Thursday deadline. I haven't watched the Game of Thrones finale yet, though, so please don't give me any spoilers.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie would be more likely to talk with someone from the Herald than the "Globe".

Because of the Globe's name, Kyrie's gotta be thinking that anything the Globe publishes is fake news.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of the Globe's name, Kyrie's gotta be thinking that anything the Globe publishes is fake news.
giphy.gif

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Kyrie trade drama has been the best drama of the past week. I hope they keep this up until the Thursday deadline. I haven't watched the Game of Thrones finale yet, though, so please don't give me any spoilers.

Typical rule of etiquette is 24 hours on spoilers.
Be careful if you open this.
Blank fucks Blank at the end

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty awesome episode

some really funny reunions.