• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd deal with repercussions rather than overpay like they are now.
To me it's not an over pay if IT will never be IT again, but I can see the other side of it. I go back and forth.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK.
I'll play.
You said " significant sweetener"
I asked for definition of significant, as in sweetener, then mentioned what I heard Celts might add.
Then, you mistakingly hought I meant significant surgery vs significant sweetener and have compounded your error ever since.
if there is a material difference in the evaluations of the Celtics and how they represented the injury and what the conculsuion the Cavaliers doctors came to- than they should have to throw in a significant asset. Which would be either the Clippers or Bostons own pick.

If there is not a material difference between the evaluations- and they are relatively similar- then just do the trade as is.

My only concern would be if the Celtics represented that he definitely does not need surgery, but the Cavs doctors come ot the conclusion that the only long term solution to make sure his injury does not re-occur is having surgery.

If thats the case you back out.

If there is a material chance that Thomas needs surgery to correct the problem- then you cant make the deal. Material does not necesarily mean significant- it just means important. For instance- if the Celtics claimed there is a 5% chance he needs surgery- but the Cavs doctors came to the conclusion that their is a 10% chance he needs surgery- that - to me- is not a material difference....now if the Cavs doctors come to the conclusion that he there is a 25% chance he needs surgery- then I think that IS a material difference that the Cavs should be compensated for.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reports out that what the cavs learned about IT injury is exactly what was represented by boston before the trade.

I think the cavs need to hire a PR expert very soon, and may get a call from the commisioner too

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if there is a material difference in the evaluations of the Celtics and how they represented the injury and what the conculsuion the Cavaliers doctors came to- than they should have to throw in a significant asset. Which would be either the Clippers or Bostons own pick.

If there is not a material difference between the evaluations- and they are relatively similar- then just do the trade as is.

My only concern would be if the Celtics represented that he definitely does not need surgery, but the Cavs doctors come ot the conclusion that the only long term solution to make sure his injury does not re-occur is having surgery.

If thats the case you back out.

If there is a material chance that Thomas needs surgery to correct the problem- then you cant make the deal. Material does not necesarily mean significant- it just means important. For instance- if the Celtics claimed there is a 5% chance he needs surgery- but the Cavs doctors came to the conclusion that their is a 10% chance he needs surgery- that - to me- is not a material difference....now if the Cavs doctors come to the conclusion that he there is a 25% chance he needs surgery- then I think that IS a material difference that the Cavs should be compensated for.
Objection!!

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be easier for IT2 to go back to Boston than it would be for Irving to go back to Cleveland. IT2 would still be the #1 scoring option and offense leader in Boston. Kyrie would return to being second fiddle to the team diva. Both teams need to find new trade partners.
lol

no effing way. both are fucked. irving wanted to be here and was told this is his team. IT was caught completely off guard by the trade. shit, a few weeks back they were talking how long to extend him for.

irving saw this coming. IT didnt, at all.

he and crowder cant come back here...remember the crowder/hayward thing?

Last edited:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be easier for IT2 to go back to Boston than it would be for Irving to go back to Cleveland. IT2 would still be the #1 scoring option and offense leader in Boston. Kyrie would return to being second fiddle to the team diva. Both teams need to find new trade partners.

not to mention he still has FA to play for.

He can't be too much of a malcontent with his last big payday on the line.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it's not an over pay if IT will never be IT again, but I can see the other side of it. I go back and forth.

Brooklyn pick should've been an absolute non-starter.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

You were wondering if the the trade can include conditional things based on how many games IT plays.

According to this guy, it is possible.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

You were wondering if the the trade can include conditional things based on how many games IT plays.

According to this guy, it is possible.

interesting.

I think that is definitely worth considering if it is allowed.

I have never seen it in the NBA. In the NFL you see it all the time--- but if its allowed in the NBA i think itsworth considering as a solution to the issue.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Void the deal.

Send Kryie to Bucks. Suns get Brogdon, Shump + Bucks 1st. Cavs get Bledsoe & Middleton.
that would be fine with me. would make the Cavs a more rugged defensive team that is for sure-- -and still plenty of offense when you have Bron and Love

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Void the deal.

Send Kryie to Bucks. Suns get Brogdon, Shump + Bucks 1st. Cavs get Bledsoe & Middleton.

That could be a win for everyone. Cavs may need also send their 1st to Phoenix, but still....totally worth it.

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooklyn pick should've been an absolute non-starter.
We get it. This thread is 104 pages long now and you're on everyone of them saying how you don't like the trade and think that the Celtics should just keep drafting players and hoarding good picks for a championship 20 years from now.

We get it. Really we do get it.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cavaliers found nothing different from Boston Celtics' reports in Isaiah Thomas' hip

The Cleveland Cavaliers -- who are reportedly balking at the trade that would send Kyrie Irving to the Boston Celtics in exchange for Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic and the 2018 Brooklyn Nets pick -- received no new information from Isaiah Thomas' physical, according to the Boston Herald's Steve Bulpett.

Appearing on The Vertical podcast with Chris Mannix, Bulpett said the Cavaliers weren't surprised by Thomas' medical situation.

"My read is actually from the Cleveland side, and what I hear from there is that nothing they've found is anything different than what was conveyed to the Cavaliers in the trade discussions, and certainly in the medical information that was passed forward," Bulpett told Mannix.

Meanwhile, according to Cleveland.com's Joe Vardon (as well as Bulpett on Mannix's pod), the Cavaliers still haven't actually asked the Celtics for more compensation.

-------------

So, basically, Cleveland is a classless organization looking to hold things up in the hope of extorting extra compensation after a deal had been agreed to in good faith.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavaliers found nothing different from Boston Celtics' reports in Isaiah Thomas' hip

The Cleveland Cavaliers -- who are reportedly balking at the trade that would send Kyrie Irving to the Boston Celtics in exchange for Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic and the 2018 Brooklyn Nets pick -- received no new information from Isaiah Thomas' physical, according to the Boston Herald's Steve Bulpett.

Appearing on The Vertical podcast with Chris Mannix, Bulpett said the Cavaliers weren't surprised by Thomas' medical situation.

"My read is actually from the Cleveland side, and what I hear from there is that nothing they've found is anything different than what was conveyed to the Cavaliers in the trade discussions, and certainly in the medical information that was passed forward," Bulpett told Mannix.

Meanwhile, according to Cleveland.com's Joe Vardon (as well as Bulpett on Mannix's pod), the Cavaliers still haven't actually asked the Celtics for more compensation.

-------------

So, basically, Cleveland is a classless organization looking to hold things up in the hope of extorting extra compensation after a deal had been agreed to in good faith.

Not surprising that the source here is a Celtics beat writer from the Boston Herald.