• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Requests Trade from Cavs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss, it's all but a done deal that James will be on the Lakers next summer!!!!

Nobody wants to go to the Lakers, remember that? :heh::yes:
yah no one did want to go to the lakers - no one has for years. Now that they have actually started to put something together guys may come again.

it wasnt Los Angeles that was the draw- OBVIOUSLY. Forgive me if i am wrong but the Lakers werent somewhere else when the great Greg Monroe picked the Bucks over them (as just one of many examples- when Howard walked away- when LeBron and Carmelo wouldnt even seriously consider it- when LaMarcus Aldridge said no- when Durant didnt even consider it etc. etc. etc.-- i head PLENTY of Kevin Love rumors but that was NEVER close to happening)

Now that there is the beginning of a team there and some hope for the future of course people will consider it again--- but make no mistake--- its because the team has potential and hope again. It was shown over and over again no one had any interest in going to LA when the team was not ready to win. The ability to win is what matters.

And if you think LeBron is a "done deal" you are crazy.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah no one did want to go to the lakers - no one has for years. Now that they have actually started to put something together guys may come again.

it wasnt Los Angeles that was the draw- OBVIOUSLY. Forgive me if i am wrong but the Lakers werent somewhere else when the great Greg Monroe picked the Bucks over them (as just one of many examples- when Howard walked away- when LeBron and Carmelo wouldnt even seriously consider it- when LaMarcus Aldridge said no- when Durant didnt even consider it etc. etc. etc.-- i head PLENTY of Kevin Love rumors but that was NEVER close to happening)

Now that there is the beginning of a team there and some hope for the future of course people will consider it again--- but make no mistake--- its because the team has potential and hope again. It was shown over and over again no one had any interest in going to LA when the team was not ready to win. The ability to win is what matters.

If Ball is what the analytic projections say he is, LA will be a hot destination again.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. I think that being in Los Angeles gives the Lakers an advantage when things are fairly close. For example, if the choice is between the Lakers and another team and the Lakers present some hope of winning, then it's likely that player will choose the Lakers with LA being the factor that tips the scales. Even if the other team presents a slightly better chance at winning.

However, if the Lakers were still in the position they were in prior to Jeanie cleaning house...no one would be interested.

It's like when everyone was saying no one wants to play with Kobe. That was true, but not for the reasons that people gave.

No one wanted to play with Kobe over those last 2-3 seasons because Kobe was no longer a guaranteed deep playoff run.

As for Lebron being a done deal. I agree also. It's not a done deal at all. I think it's likely that the Lakers are at, or near the top of his list. I also think it's telling that he attended at least one of their summer games and seemed to come away impressed with Lonzo.

However, the Lakers youngsters will need to show continued development. If the Lakers kids go out and shit the collective bed this season, Lebron ain't coming. They don't have to make the playoffs, but they need to show enough improvement that it convinces Lebron that he and another FA could make them competitive.

They also need to clear the cap space to land PG or another top FA or Lebron ain't coming.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trust me , i don't want the self-centered bastard here anyways. as far as the rest goes ability to win factors in but location does play a part...

why do you think LeClown's kids attend school out here...?:finger:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think Kyrie will end up with either the Suns or Twolves IF he doesnt stay in Cleveland-

I think Kyrie is temperamental and obviously is an emotional guy and has a different way of thinking- ie the world is flat stuff.

I love watching Kyrie play- and trading him hurts the Cavs in the LONG term- but if they got a package of like Bledsoe, Warren and a 1st rounder---- or Bledsoe and Jackson - i think thats actually better SHORT term for the Cavs.

Honestly- i think the Kings are an under the radar destination as well. Fox and some other assets would be intriuging. I think Fox will end up being either the best or 2nd best player in this draft after Fultz.

Wiggins would be intriguing but i have no clue if thats realistic- doesnt sound like it- though Twolves were on KIs list and Jimmy Butler and KI are pals- and KI wants to go there.

Kings aren't going to give up Fox for two years of Kyrie. No chance he re-signs there. Minny is about to max out Wiggins, so he isn't going anywhere either, pretty much killing any trade to the Wolves (plus they just signed Teague).

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 , @CitySushi

Trojan- me and City Sushi discussed payment yesterday- we are not sure how to effectuate it without a standardized bet. I owe him $1,000 in SportsHoopla cash but decided to throw him an extra $500 for interest. lol.

City Sushi- looked for your avatar last night but did not see a messsage from you. Let me know when you would like me to start and what avatar you would like me to have.

Sorry been a crazy week for me so far. I'll try to have the avatar to you in the next few days. Working on something extra special for you.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shut the fuck up

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that. Just makes him look like a punk.

I bet Paul George never did that!

Lol seems like some personal issues with teammates imo.

You don't act that way with your teammates only because you want a trade. Maybe coaches or the front office

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't act that way with your teammates only because you want a trade. Maybe coaches or the front office

I would bet that at least some of those issues stem from Kyrie's playing style, and frustrations that teammates (LeBron) have vocalized.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair though, the guy who said Kyrie wasn't talking to teammates was James Jones. There's never been more of a Lebron supporter teammate wise than James Jones too. Also if you look at the roster, Lebron was the biggest reason many of them were there. Tristan and JR got contracts because of Lebron. Love, Korver, Frye and Shumpert were beneficiaries of Lebron wanting to bolster the team.

Of all the teammates, the only one we've seen really be in Kyrie's camp has been RJeff, but even then he knows what is at stake. He's there for rings. It feels like the majority of the roster wouldn't have been able to empathize with Irving nor be a willing ear to let him vent his frustration.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
t2nTPUz.png

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that. Just makes him look like a punk.

I bet Paul George never did that!

What Paul George did was far worse. He dared to leave the Pacers without hurricanes permission.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think you liked FB?
I didn't but after I had my daughter my family convinced me to get a page since I moved out to Sac.

Reactions: DJ

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 , @CitySushi

Trojan- me and City Sushi discussed payment yesterday- we are not sure how to effectuate it without a standardized bet. I owe him $1,000 in SportsHoopla cash but decided to throw him an extra $500 for interest. lol.

City Sushi- looked for your avatar last night but did not see a messsage from you. Let me know when you would like me to start and what avatar you would like me to have.
Oh my bejesus....the dead has arisen!

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trust me , i don't want the self-centered bastard here anyways. as far as the rest goes ability to win factors in but location does play a part...

why do you think LeClown's kids attend school out here...?:finger:
I don't see any top FAs knocking down the Cavs' doors to play for them, and they were the champs only a year ago.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any top FAs knocking down the Cavs' doors to play for them, and they were the champs only a year ago.

Well the city of Cleveland smells funny (probably because of Lake Erie) & the Cavs owner is a fucking idiot. Now what top tier FA wouldn't be interested in that combo?