• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Requests Trade from Cavs.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Gilbert says Kyrie will be in camp. Seems like if they do trade him they will wait to possibly midseason or next year which is the smart move and they will get the best vaue especially if Lebron decides to go. Altman also says the reports of Lebron and Kyrie not getting along is overblown lol

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, Minnesota has the best assets that they are willing and able to provide Cleveland for Irving.
I don't disagree with you...

... a crazy dark horse, though, would be Boston... if they were willing to move IT and a good pick. That would be two crazy trading partners, though.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with you...

... a crazy dark horse, though, would be Boston... if they were willing to move IT and a good pick. That would be two crazy trading partners, though.

Agree with this. Boston could throw a similar player back (who's near the same skill level) at Cleveland with some assets attached that help improve depth.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Such a funny thing to say. They are unsuccessful in attempts to contact him. LOL.

That is because he doesn't want to speak to you! If he had any interest in what the Cavs had to say, he would make himself available.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen here you fruit rollup. Sorry I'm not drinking the Phoenix lemonade like you are. The trade you've proposed is probably the worst one that's floating around. Bledsoe's injury history is comparable to Rose. The other players you threw in there are garbage. You don't know what you're going to get from Jackson since he hasn't played one NBA game. The only other player that you have of value at this present moment is Booker, which outside of being a scorer, is a sub par defender (still growing as a player).

You are vastly underrating Bledsoe, and TJ Warren is far from garbage. Add in the fact that Phx has a plethora of picks to deal as well as ability to take on a contract puts them in the drivers seat as far as tradeable assets go. Chriss or Bender being included could happen, but probably depends on what CLE would value more between them and picks.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NY isn't the only other competitor for Kyrie though.

I'm not saying they are, but I promise you Cleveland, no matter where they trade him to, will not get the return most people think he will fetch. They have very little leverage.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are vastly underrating Bledsoe, and TJ Warren is far from garbage. Add in the fact that Phx has a plethora of picks to deal as well as ability to take on a contract puts them in the drivers seat as far as tradeable assets go. Chriss or Bender being included could happen, but probably depends on what CLE would value more between them and picks.

I am with @Heatles84 here.

Booker and Jackson are premium assets. If the Suns include one of them in the package, the deal gets done today. But, they don't want to do that, rightly so.

Bledsoe is significantly less valuable than Kyrie because of his injury history and the hype surrounding Irving. The reality is that he is a nearly comparable player, but the gap is wide in terms of perceived value. Warren and Dudley don't close the gap much at all.

First off, I am sure the Cavs would rather have Shumpert than Dudley. While they would move Shumpert, he offers something they don't have much of: perimeter defense. Dudley is a journeyman replacement level player.

As for Warren? He is the type of guy who posts numbers on a bad team, but doesn't do a lot on a good one. He can score, but what else does he offer?

Bledsoe, Bender or Kriss and a future 1st might get it done. You aren't getting Cleveland to even consider anything less.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bledsoe's consistently injured. TJ Warren's a decent player, but I don't see him as having a very high ceiling. Boston could offer more they have more players that they can offer as well as picks. Phoenix has picks, one of which is Miami's which figures to be a mid-1st round pick. Minnesota can literally trade Wiggins and another player for Irving which would be better. So that's two teams right there that can offer better than Phoenix.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Booker and Jackson are premium assets. If the Suns include one of them in the package, the deal gets done today. But, they don't want to do that, rightly so.

Bledsoe is significantly less valuable than Kyrie because of his injury history and the hype surrounding Irving. The reality is that he is a nearly comparable player, but the gap is wide in terms of perceived value. Warren and Dudley don't close the gap much at all.

First off, I am sure the Cavs would rather have Shumpert than Dudley. While they would move Shumpert, he offers something they don't have much of: perimeter defense. Dudley is a journeyman replacement level player.

As for Warren? He is the type of guy who posts numbers on a bad team, but doesn't do a lot on a good one. He can score, but what else does he offer?

Bledsoe, Bender or Kriss and a future 1st might get it done. You aren't getting Cleveland to even consider anything less.

Agree on the first part regarding Booker/Jackson and as you said they will absolutely not move.

It's amazing how underrated TJ Warren is nationally because of the "bad team" narrative. His eFG% is well over 51 percent in his career, He's a 23 year old athletic 6'8" wing that scores efficiently, he's a solid on ball defender and was averaging nearly 2 steals per game prior to that head injury that sidelined him halfway through the season. He's been an efficient scorer everywhere he's gone, those NC STATE teams he was on made the tourney and he was their leading scorer @ 25 PPG in the ACC. He does need to improve his three pointer though no doubt, if he does he can be a 20 PPG scorer in the NBA.

Agreed on the Dudley/Shump part, but it's about keeping GM LeBron happy, he may be more interested in landing Bledsoe, Dudley and Warren/Chriss/Bender rather than picks. Dudleys a great locker room guy and well respected around the league so who knows what he'd prefer.

Bled-Chriss-MIA 1st is the absolute most I'd do, anything more would be a gross overpay.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All of this^^^

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying they are, but I promise you Cleveland, no matter where they trade him to, will not get the return most people think he will fetch. They have very little leverage.

If the Raptors got an unprotected #1 from Steve Mills for Bargani a few years back they could get a Celtics/Nets type haul for him from that idiot now that he's back in charge

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bledsoe's consistently injured. TJ Warren's a decent player, but I don't see him as having a very high ceiling. Boston could offer more they have more players that they can offer as well as picks. Phoenix has picks, one of which is Miami's which figures to be a mid-1st round pick. Minnesota can literally trade Wiggins and another player for Irving which would be better. So that's two teams right there that can offer better than Phoenix.

With Booker and Jackson off limits I do agree Boston and Minny could outbid PHX.

Problem is, do the Cavs want to deal a young star to their rivals and keep him in conference? Boston could swoop in and offer a ton but I'm not sure if Cleveland would make a deal with their rival so that's something to consider.

As far as Minny goes the Teague situation hinders them a bit, if they deal Wiggins for him then they are stuck with Crawford as their only "true" SG and Kyrie and Teague as a duel PG combo which as we've seen in the past is a failure waiting to happen, especially when both are undersized.

Kyrie announced this at the worst time possible from Cleveland's perspective, because if he announced at the beginning of the offseason I believe they could've undoubtedly gotten more in return and teams wouldn't be as handcuffed with all the new acquisitions/draft picks.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be good practice for when Rose goes AWOL to visit his Mommy and they can't reach him either

images

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on the first part regarding Booker/Jackson and as you said they will absolutely not move.

It's amazing how underrated TJ Warren is nationally because of the "bad team" narrative. His eFG% is well over 51 percent in his career, He's a 23 year old athletic 6'8" wing that scores efficiently, he's a solid on ball defender and was averaging nearly 2 steals per game prior to that head injury that sidelined him halfway through the season. He's been an efficient scorer everywhere he's gone, those NC STATE teams he was on made the tourney and he was their leading scorer @ 25 PPG in the ACC. He does need to improve his three pointer though no doubt, if he does he can be a 20 PPG scorer in the NBA.

Agreed on the Dudley/Shump part, but it's about keeping GM LeBron happy, he may be more interested in landing Bledsoe, Dudley and Warren/Chriss/Bender rather than picks. Dudleys a great locker room guy and well respected around the league so who knows what he'd prefer.

Bled-Chriss-MIA 1st is the absolute most I'd do, anything more would be a gross overpay.

One question:

If Warren really is that valuable, why are you so eager to give him up?

You want the Suns to trade him because he isn't an essential piece of the core moving forward. He would be a 15 minute a game guy for CLeveland without a ton of upside beyond what he has already shown.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One question:

If Warren really is that valuable, why are you so eager to give him up?

You want the Suns to trade him because he isn't an essential piece of the core moving forward. He would be a 15 minute a game guy for CLeveland without a ton of upside beyond what he has already shown.
I don't view him as a cornerstone guy or anything don't misunderstand me, I just think he is one of the most overlooked young NBA players out there. I do think him and Jackson could play together in small ball lineups so I'm not eager to flip him, just pointing out that he is not some garbage throw in like someone suggested above.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't view him as a cornerstone guy or anything don't misunderstand me, I just think he is one of the most overlooked young NBA players out there. I do think him and Jackson could play together in small ball lineups so I'm not eager to flip him, just pointing out that he is not some garbage throw in like someone suggested above.

The problem with Warren is that he doesn't really move the needle for Cleveland. He may be a fine player for Phoenix but Cleveland should want more than Bledsoe/Warren/Dudley in return for Irving. That's not to say anything negative about the players from Phoenix -- but I'm not sure those guys fit in to the Cavs' roster.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was the Cavs I wouldn't even think about moving Kyrie to the Celtics. IMO, the Celtics loom as the only real threat to another Finals trip for Cleveland.

Reactions: LAD

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs have all the freaking leverage....