• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Requests Trade from Cavs.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw these live odds. The field went from +750 yesterday to +350.. interesting

Kyrie Irving Next Destination

Cleveland Cavaliers -150
53202 New York Knicks +500
53203 San Antonio Spurs +1000
53204 Minnesota Timberwolves +1600
53205 Field (any other team) +350

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting for sure. I think Minnesota makes a play for him. They do that and keep Wiggins they could very well become co favorites in the West along with the Warriors.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Minnesota gets him with giving up none of their main score then they are going to be extremely tough. Another team to watch out for is New Orleans if they are ae to get him.

If he returns to Cleveland, seems like this was all just a ploy to get some off season attention on Cleveland and the NBA, or there is going to be some major disfunction in Cleveland next season that will probably prevent them from winning the East.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting for sure. I think Minnesota makes a play for him. They do that and keep Wiggins they could very well become co favorites in the West along with the Warriors.

Not trying to pick here, but I am getting pretty tired of these posts.

How is Minnesota going to get Kyrie without giving up at least Wiggins?

Let's be realistic here people. Kyrie is under contract for 2 more years. Cleveland is not going to give him away no matter what he asks for.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's be realistic here people. Kyrie is under contract for 2 more years. Cleveland is not going to give him away no matter what he asks for.
How messed up for Wiggins too. Shipped out of Cleveland as they become a contender only to be shipped back as the wheels start to fall off lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree here. It's great if Minnesota could get Kyrie without giving up Butler, KAT, Wiggins and their other core pieces in Teague and Gibson. But, as you've mentioned, he has two years left on his deal (player option for 19-20). Cleveland for the time being holds all of the cards and could get decent trade value for him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pieces from the latest espn article on Kyrie demands:

But on July 7, as James was enjoying the end of his vacation in Mexico, Kyrie Irving had another agenda.

Irving was tired of being Robin to James' Batman. Tired of having another superstar -- even one of the best players of all time -- in control of his fate. Yes, he had learned from James in the three seasons they'd played together. Yes, he was appreciative. But Irving felt the time had come to take his destiny into his own hands. He wanted to be the centerpiece of a team, as he thought he was going to be three years ago, when he signed a five-year extension 11 days before James decided to come home.

Over the previous few months, the Cavs had been worried about Irving's mindset. They knew at times he'd grown unhappy with playing a secondary role on the team. Griffin had several conversations with Irving throughout the year, sources said, trying to find ways to improve the situation. But Irving had become irritated before, the side effects of James' greatness -- and largesse -- wearing on him. The Cavs had been able to navigate it, and they hoped to again.

But there were ancillary issues that bothered Irving, too, such as how James' good friend Randy Mims had a position on the Cavs' staff and traveled on the team plane while none of Irving's close friends were afforded the same opportunity. Irving chafed about how peers such as Damian Lillard and John Wall were the center of their franchises and catered to accordingly. There's irony there, as Wall was envious of Irving's Nike shoe deal and Lillard has never advanced beyond the second round of the playoffs. Irving has been to three Finals and has a championship.

Inside the weeks of dysfunction surrounding Kyrie's trade demand

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talk about the Cavs total organizational dysfunction is quality entertainment.:D I'm gonna need a brand new popcorn machine for this!

:pop2:

:trash:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I done get it...lol

Like the Cavs have to accept trash for a guy without a NTC who is under contract for 2+1.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I done get it...lol

Like the Cavs have to accept trash for a guy without a NTC who is under contract for 2+1.

If Kyrie gets traded anytime soon (which I doubt), I'm almost certain it won't be to any of the 4 teams he listed.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But there were ancillary issues that bothered Irving, too, such as how James' good friend Randy Mims had a position on the Cavs' staff and traveled on the team plane while none of Irving's close friends were afforded the same opportunity. Irving chafed about how peers such as Damian Lillard and John Wall were the center of their franchises and catered to accordingly. There's irony there, as Wall was envious of Irving's Nike shoe deal and Lillard has never advanced beyond the second round of the playoffs. Irving has been to three Finals and has a championship.

Inside the weeks of dysfunction surrounding Kyrie's trade demand

This was some of the things that Pat Riley wasn't willing to put up with which is part of the reason James left Miami. I could see how Kyrie's sick of the preferential treatment that Lebron and his posse gets, especially considering that without Kyrie, Cleveland doesn't win the title last year.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People seem to forget the Cavs don't have a GM at the moment......I don't think they'll get robbed but they aren't getting equal value.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be sooner than you think.

I expect him to be traded before the season, unless Gilbert can convince him to stay and trades James since he knows he's probably leaving. Trade him like the Lakers did with Shaq when they had Kobe ready to take over as the focal point.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect him to be traded before the season, unless Gilbert can convince him to stay and trades James since he knows he's probably leaving. Trade him like the Lakers did with Shaq when they had Kobe ready to take over as the focal point.
I honestly don't see James getting traded.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is no convincing here.

If Cleveland doesn't want to trade him, they don't have to. Kyrie may be signing an entirely different tune when LeBron leaves next summer anyway.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no convincing here.

If Cleveland doesn't want to trade him, they don't have to. Kyrie may be signing an entirely different tune when LeBron leaves next summer anyway.

I know he's signed but Gilbert would convince him as far as being the focal point....and then trading James since he seems like he's gone.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he's signed but Gilbert would convince him as far as being the focal point....and then trading James since he seems like he's gone.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron's not waiving his no-trade clause.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People seem to forget the Cavs don't have a GM at the moment......I don't think they'll get robbed but they aren't getting equal value.

Koby Altman's the Cavs GM. They're not going to trade Irving away for peanuts.