• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Irving is now a...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really don't understand that you didn't mention only game 7 until I called you out. Even though I directly quoted you you're still insisting that's not what you really meant, meaning the entire series & not just game 7. So how exactly am I slow for posting the correct info showing Pierce was not outplayed for the entire Finals (like you originally said) by Artest? Do you even realize there's a difference in saying the entire series compared to only 1 game?

I said 'In the finals' not the entire series. You just automatically assumed. It's ok, I was ripping on your Celtics so I can understand why you're so pissy.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said 'In the finals' not the entire series. You just automatically assumed. It's ok, I was ripping on your Celtics so I can understand why you're so pissy.

Not upset @ all. All I did was prove you wrong & that greatly bothered you. It wasn't until then did you even mention just game 7. When you say something like "in the Finals" w/o mentioning a specific game that means the entire series.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

Pierce averaged more points, rebounds, assists, shot better from the field, better from downtown & better from the FT line than Artest did during the '10 Finals. Here are the #'s...

Pierce: 18.0 ppg, 8.3 rebs, 3.0 asts, .439 from the field & .400 from downtown & .865 from the line
Artest: 10.6 ppg, 4.6 rebs, 1.3 asts, .361 from the field & .344 from downtown & .550 from the line

Yes the Lakers won but how exactly did Artest outplay Pierce in that series?

This is how:

:dhd:

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? You said Artest outplayed Pierce for the Finals. I proved you wrong. Why mention the entire Finals & then after being proven wrong narrow it down to 1 game of the entire series?

I agree with you in that finals, but it is tough when talking about great defenders. Rodman got "outplayed" in every finals with the bulls. Ben Wallace was outplayed in Detroit's championship. Bruce Bowen outplayed repeatedly.

It is a tough one when talking about those types of players.

Ben Wallace was outplayed by Shaq statistically, but his ability to limit Shaq to good numbers one on one rather than using double/triple teams to do the same and letting perimeter guys wide open is 100% why Det won that series. In that respect Wallace did what he does, and kept Shaq from doing what he does (40 a game if you play him man up without help). Ben technically was outplayed, but when it came down to who takes the other out of what is expected of them to win you games, you could make the argument he outplayed Shaq.

Those last 3 laker wins in that series, Artest did what Artest does and Pierce was unable to be a top playmaker which is what Boston needed him to be in order to win.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine and all but put it this way, I don't think you can put Kyrie on let's say a team like Portland and see him get further than Lillard took them. Now put a true batman on that team (Lebron or KD) and they probably make a deeper run

So you're saying adding LeBron or Durant to Portland would (probably?) make them significantly better? You can't get that kind of analysis just anywhere, folks. :heh:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't even out of the first round of the playoffs till 26

And at 27 he lost in the first round

Not bad winning a first round playoff series all by himself at age 26 though. Kyrie's always had 4 other players on the court with him.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't even out of the first round of the playoffs till 26

And at 27 he lost in the first round

At age 27, Steph Curry won an MVP and NBA title. But cool story otherwise, bro.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Irving's a good player and quite accomplished at just 24.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't figure out why the age of any of these guys matters. Are we supposed to compare 24 year old Kyrie Irving to 24 year old Steph Curry? That seems like a tremendous waste of time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't figure out why the age of any of these guys matters. Are we supposed to compare 24 year old Kyrie Irving to 24 year old Steph Curry? That seems like a tremendous waste of time.
whats the alternative? waiting till their careers are over to compare them? or just ignoring the fact that Kyrie was one of the youngest all stars in NBA history while Steph Curry was lighting up Ball State?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats the alternative? waiting till their careers are over to compare them? or just ignoring the fact that Kyrie was one of the youngest all stars in NBA history while Steph Curry was lighting up Ball State?

Not all players develop at the same rate or reach the same level.

Not all players get to play with one of the greatest players of all time.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice try, but Curry has developed himself into the current 2x league mvp.
Kyrie without James has only seen the playoffs on TV.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The alternative is to compare 2016 Curry to 2016 Irving. Curry is better right now and that's really all that matters.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The alternative is to compare 2016 Curry to 2016 Irving. Curry is better right now and that's really all that matters.
LeBron is better than Jordan is right now too!! YIPPEEEE! lol

Jr sMith is a lot better than Paul Pierce at this point too!

and if you just want to talk about what happened in the NBA Finals- Kyrie scorched Curry. ;)

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is better than Jordan is right now too!! YIPPEEEE! lol

Jr sMith is a lot better than Paul Pierce at this point too!

and if you just want to talk about what happened in the NBA Finals- Kyrie scorched Curry. ;)

I get that everyone like to compares LeBron and Jordan. That makes sense. We're talking about two of the best players of all-time -- who by the way never played against one another. If LeBron and Jordan played against one another in their primes, who would waste their time talking about whether Jordan was better at age 21?

I notice that you don't dispute that Curry is better than Irving. It's why we end up talking about something pointless like Irving's stats and accomplishments at a certain age. That's all he has going for him -- the hope that he will get better with time and eventually surpass Curry. Hasn't happened yet and it may never happen.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that everyone like to compares LeBron and Jordan. That makes sense. We're talking about two of the best players of all-time -- who by the way never played against one another. If LeBron and Jordan played against one another in their primes, who would waste their time talking about whether Jordan was better at age 21?

I notice that you don't dispute that Curry is better than Irving. It's why we end up talking about something pointless like Irving's stats and accomplishments at a certain age. That's all he has going for him -- the hope that he will get better with time and eventually surpass Curry. Hasn't happened yet and it may never happen.

You're arguing with an idiot.....Just a heads up