• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyler Murray is your heisman

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SECCG? WTF! That was against Georgia, not OU!

As far as Murray and Tua having good supporting casts, hell to the yeah. Both do. Haskins at tOSU also has a good supporting cast.

If tOSU were to play both Oklahoma and Alabama, which team do you think Haskins would have better stats against?

I suspect OU, and I equally suspect he wouldn’t touch 24/27.

Tua has been fantastic except when he was noticeably playing hurt (vs. UGA and MSU). My reference is yo the thread, not just the post-OB part. There is no sane argument against Tua in that game.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tua has been fantastic except when he was noticeably playing hurt (vs. UGA and MSU). My reference is yo the thread, not just the post-OB part. There is no sane argument against Tua in that game.
Tua's quality is determined by his body of work. Not by a single game or ones in which he played injured. Same for others.

Tua has definitely been fantastic...just not because of the OU performance. Some of his other performances are more impressive than the OU game IMO. He was performing those against defenses a hell of a lot better than #105 nationally.

OU has been dismal all year against the pass. I mean real bad. Texas Tech bad. Hell, six teams had more passing yards against OU this year than Bama did...and their QBs weren't near as good as Tua. Granted most had more attempts than Tua, but they still threw it up and down the field. Why are you so unwilling to acknowledge how bad the OU defense is this year?

2018 Passing yards vs OU www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/oklahoma/2018/gamelog/
West Virginia - 539
Oklahoma State - 501
Baylor - 416
Texas Tech - 366
Iowa State - 360
Texas - 349 (Game 2)
Alabama - 328

Anybody that was ragging Tua for games where he wasn't physically 100% is just nuts.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua's quality is determined by his body of work. Not by a single game or ones in which he played injured. Same for others.

Tua has definitely been fantastic...just not because of the OU performance. Some of his other performances are more impressive than the OU game IMO. He was performing those against defenses a hell of a lot better than #105 nationally.

OU has been dismal all year against the pass. I mean real bad. Texas Tech bad. Hell, six teams had more passing yards against OU this year than Bama did...and their QBs weren't near as good as Tua. Granted most had more attempts than Tua, but they still threw it up and down the field. Why are you so unwilling to acknowledge how bad the OU defense is this year?

2018 Passing yards vs OU www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/oklahoma/2018/gamelog/
West Virginia - 539
Oklahoma State - 501
Baylor - 416
Texas Tech - 366
Iowa State - 360
Texas - 349 (Game 2)
Alabama - 328

Anybody that was ragging Tua for games where he wasn't physically 100% is just nuts.

Who isn’t acknowledging OU’s defense is bad? I said they were bad plenty of times. When did I say or even suggest otherwise?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who isn’t acknowledging OU’s defense is bad? I said they were bad plenty of times. When did I say or even suggest otherwise?
Let me rephrase it then. You haven't acknowledged Tua's performance Saturday was done against a bad OU defense? You've praised to high heavens how fantastic it was even saying such a performance was fantastic...even against air IIRC! Such is discounting how bad the OU pass defense is.

And again, for the upteenth time, I ain't raggin' Tua. Just stating his recent performance was done against a very poor pass defense.

I even think Tua may well have a very good performance against the Clemson secondary. Tua's better than Mond and Dungey an they had some success against Clem...when they had time!

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious take, considering half the CFP was SEC last year and would've been again this year, had Georgia won the SEC title game. I don't have to rep an SEC school to admit the conference is just better than the rest. I also don't have to rep any particular school to know and admit the Big 12 is playing fucking flag football.[/QUOTE]

The same flag football that ran your sorry asses off to earn less money; got it. It's impossible to field a top 25 defense in the Big 12. I mean, the law of physics does not allow it. Too many HUNH offenses in the conference that prevents that. Bama had almost a month to prepare for OU's offense and OU still scored the most points and rolled the most yardage on Bama's defense than any other team this season. Now imagine what happens when Saban only has 4-5 days to prepare for that offense. Now imagine any SEC team to only have 4-5 days to prepare for 5 more potent offenses like that. As a CU fan, you should know how tough it is to play defense in this conference since CU was part of several embarrassing beatdowns.

Through the bowl season so far, here is a breakdown of what points both conferences are giving up per game:

Big 12 - 30.4ppg
SEC - 27.2ppg

Not much of a difference. Big 12 defenses tend to hold their own in bowl season.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol ok scooter whatever you say.. btw my team beat the #1 ranked defense 41-15.. with a wide receiver for a qb..

Congrats, but Michigan was not the #1 defense after giving up 60+ to Ohio State, and I don't care what the stats say. You're not a #1 defense if you give up 60+ pts......

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me rephrase it then. You haven't acknowledged Tua's performance Saturday was done against a bad OU defense? You've praised to high heavens how fantastic it was even saying such a performance was fantastic...even against air IIRC! Such is discounting how bad the OU pass defense is.

And again, for the upteenth time, I ain't raggin' Tua. Just stating his recent performance was done against a very poor pass defense.

I even think Tua may well have a very good performance against the Clemson secondary. Tua's better than Mond and Dungey an they had some success against Clem...when they had time!

I said going 24/27 with 3 drops is good against air. I stand by that. I also stand by he fact he did it in a CFP semifinal, which is plenty of pressure, especially given you have heard over and over how you HAVE to score on virtually every possession. But that hardly implies the OU defense isn’t bad.

The Tua that played against UGA couldn’t have gone 24/27 against North Greenville.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We finally got to see Tua against a defense similar to what Kyler has been playing all year.

24/27 318 4TDs.

He would have had 60+ TD passes if he played at OU this year.

Against defenses ranked below the top 15 defenses in the country — Tua had 37 touchdowns and 0 interceptions on the year.

Kyler has the trophy, but everyone got to see who the best QB is. I couldn’t even fathom what Bama would do to Big 12 defenses.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said going 24/27 with 3 drops is good against air. I stand by that. I also stand by he fact he did it in a CFP semifinal, which is plenty of pressure, especially given you have heard over and over how you HAVE to score on virtually every possession. But that hardly implies the OU defense isn’t bad.

The Tua that played against UGA couldn’t have gone 24/27 against North Greenville.

Georgia will continue to be the team who gives Bama the most fits. You have to be physical and be able to limit Bama’s run without stacking the box. Georgia has the speed and physicality to do that.

They also have the physicality and freak athletes on offense.

Only other team with this is Clemson on both sides of the ball.

Those three teams are on a different level than any other teams in CFB today, IMO.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like Kyler has been all year. We finally got to see Tua against a Big12 defense and he had more TDs than incompletions.

Once again, Tua had been facing shitty defenses all year in the SEC; it wasn't just OU......

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta be honest as enjoyable as Saturday was I think I still enjoyed our basketball team shutting Trey Youngs ass down and beatin OU last season a little more

You probably loved OU softball and OU gymnastics beating down Bama.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's posting on his phone on his breaks...morning rush is over, now he's prepping for lunch rush. We'll see him breeze back in around 2'ish

Nice post...from the booth at the parking garage exit.

He hate us cuz he ain't us.

Yup still won!

kyler_16x9.jpg

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against defenses ranked below the top 15 defenses in the country — Tua had 37 touchdowns and 0 interceptions on the year.

Kyler has the trophy, but everyone got to see who the best QB is. I couldn’t even fathom what Bama would do to Big 12 defenses.
You saw exactly what Bama could do against the worst pass defense in the conference....errrr nation...at least in terms of total yards allowed passing average. (Texas Tech tried to edge them out for last place but fell 3 yards short.) www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/695/p3 So, in theory, they would have gotten progressively worse as you move up the list against Big 12 defenses.

But, in OU's defense (can't believe I'm defending the OU defense) statistics can be a bunch of shit when not taken in totality. Kind of like taking Bible verses out of context. My Miners were 37th in the nation in total passing yards allowed. Only because we played teams that couldn't pass worth a shit...and we'd turn it over on our own 20 and the other team couldn't get stat yards because they didn't have far to go!

If you play in a league full of teams that can't throw the ball in the ocean if they are standing on the dock, your pass defense stats will look great. If you play in a league full of teams that can't run the ball, your rush defense stats will look great. If you are a team that uses ball control because you can't score quickly or choose not to, your time of possesion stat will look good. etc, etc,etc.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, Tua had been facing shitty defenses all year in the SEC; it wasn't just OU......
So if you think this, what was the average of the defenses he faced versus the average of the defenses OU faced.
The difference in the average is between 20 and 30 points difference, and not in OU's favor. Playing against teams with a defensive average in the Upper 70's versus upper 40's is a big difference.

Kyler won it, but he level of competition he faced defensively did not match what Tua faced week in and out. It shows in the defensive stats of the teams at the end of the year.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've loved to see what his numbers would've been Saturday if Saban didn't switch to his conservative eating the clock mode and let Tua throw more than 10 passes in the second half. Not everyday you get your shot to really show out against a Big 12 D.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You saw exactly what Bama could do against the worst pass defense in the conference....errrr nation...at least in terms of total yards allowed passing average. (Texas Tech tried to edge them out for last place but fell 3 yards short.) www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/695/p3 So, in theory, they would have gotten progressively worse as you move up the list against Big 12 defenses.

But, in OU's defense (can't believe I'm defending the OU defense) statistics can be a bunch of shit when not taken in totality. Kind of like taking Bible verses out of context. My Miners were 37th in the nation in total passing yards allowed. Only because we played teams that couldn't pass worth a shit...and we'd turn it over on our own 20 and the other team couldn't get stat yards because they didn't have far to go!

If you play in a league full of teams that can't throw the ball in the ocean if they are standing on the dock, your pass defense stats will look great. If you play in a league full of teams that can't run the ball, your rush defense stats will look great. If you are a team that uses ball control because you can't score quickly or choose not to, your time of possesion stat will look good. etc, etc,etc.
SEC had 8 top 50 offenses......and still produced great defenses

JayVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hate us cuz he ain't us.

Yup still won!

kyler_16x9.jpg
It's been even longer since the A's won a championship than OU. Maybe he can win the MVP on a playoff losing team.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best team won the playoff game and the best player won the Heisman.