• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyle Shanahan, stick a fork in him?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a great playcaller doesn't really help if you aren't any good at teambuilding and rely on high draft picks for said teambuilding.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a great playcaller doesn't really help if you aren't any good at teambuilding and rely on high draft picks for said teambuilding.
But their high picks have been garbage.

This regime’s first draft was the 2017 draft…

Solomon Thomas, while not a “bust”, was certainly not worthy of the #3 overall.
Reuben Foster was a bust, but was taken at the tail end of the 1st round and was a calculated risk.
George Kittle was clearly the class of this draft, taken in the 5th round.
Witherspoon, Beathard, Williams were all swing and misses

Mike McGlinchy, at pick 9, has been OK, but has not lived up to the billing. Essentially a lower-end starting right tackle.
Dante Pettis has been an OK (at best) 3rd/4th WR during his career. Not what you hope for from a high 2nd rounder.
Fred Warner in the 3rd is the class of this draft. One of the best ILBs in the game, this year not withstanding.
Nothing much from the rest of the draft.

Nick Bosa is a stud. But he has already lost 1 full season to injury, and there were injury concerns with him during the draft.
Debo Samuel is having a breakout season. Great pickup in the 2nd.
Mitch Wishnowski, a PUNTER, was taken in the 4th.
Dre Greenlaw (5th) may be coming around, but too early to label his draft value yet.

Jevon Kinlaw can’t get on the field. The added weight of him being Buckner’s replacement doesn’t help.
Brandon Aiyuke had a great ‘20, but has been a disappointment thus far in ‘21.
Charlie Woerner, as a 6th round flyer, is a decent 3rd TE with some added potential.

Trey Lance, at #3 overall actually cost our #1s for the next 2 drafts as well, so he has a LOT of baggage on his back. He wasn’t expected to play this year, and he has met that expectation. Getting hurt and missing a few games due to injury doesn’t help his stock, though.
Aaron Banks is one of the early favorites for “Bust of the Draft”. One of only 3 players from the 2nd round to not play a snap yet.
Elijah Mitchel has had some good games so far. As a 6th rounder, he has probably already paid his fare.

——————————

All this to say, if they are relying on their high picks, they are doing a piss poor job. I am not certain what they can hang their hat on as a bragging point for their time here. They went to the SB once (and lost in an epic 10-minute collapse), but EVERY other season has been a hot mess.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But their high picks have been garbage.

This regime’s first draft was the 2017 draft…

Solomon Thomas, while not a “bust”, was certainly not worthy of the #3 overall.
Reuben Foster was a bust, but was taken at the tail end of the 1st round and was a calculated risk.
George Kittle was clearly the class of this draft, taken in the 5th round.
Witherspoon, Beathard, Williams were all swing and misses

Mike McGlinchy, at pick 9, has been OK, but has not lived up to the billing. Essentially a lower-end starting right tackle.
Dante Pettis has been an OK (at best) 3rd/4th WR during his career. Not what you hope for from a high 2nd rounder.
Fred Warner in the 3rd is the class of this draft. One of the best ILBs in the game, this year not withstanding.
Nothing much from the rest of the draft.

Nick Bosa is a stud. But he has already lost 1 full season to injury, and there were injury concerns with him during the draft.
Debo Samuel is having a breakout season. Great pickup in the 2nd.
Mitch Wishnowski, a PUNTER, was taken in the 4th.
Dre Greenlaw (5th) may be coming around, but too early to label his draft value yet.

Jevon Kinlaw can’t get on the field. The added weight of him being Buckner’s replacement doesn’t help.
Brandon Aiyuke had a great ‘20, but has been a disappointment thus far in ‘21.
Charlie Woerner, as a 6th round flyer, is a decent 3rd TE with some added potential.

Trey Lance, at #3 overall actually cost our #1s for the next 2 drafts as well, so he has a LOT of baggage on his back. He wasn’t expected to play this year, and he has met that expectation. Getting hurt and missing a few games due to injury doesn’t help his stock, though.
Aaron Banks is one of the early favorites for “Bust of the Draft”. One of only 3 players from the 2nd round to not play a snap yet.
Elijah Mitchel has had some good games so far. As a 6th rounder, he has probably already paid his fare.

——————————

All this to say, if they are relying on their high picks, they are doing a piss poor job. I am not certain what they can hang their hat on as a bragging point for their time here. They went to the SB once (and lost in an epic 10-minute collapse), but EVERY other season has been a hot mess.
Which makes it even worse!

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan has always been overrated and I’m glad more people are finally starting to see it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. He has been thoroughly out coached this year for the most part , however.
And even laughed at by the Indy defense in post game interviews because he had clear success with certain strategies and then just abandoned those strategies for no known reason.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey y’all, stop me if you’ve heard this before, Kyle Shanahan chokes away a lead in a playoff game.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said I still think he's a good HC.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure who is being the idiot here
If the Chiefs only had Hurts!
Imagine Hurts with KC's weapons!

(Are you being an idiot on purpose?)
Where's the green font?
I have no idea what you are talking about, but this is a thread about the coach of the Niners, not the Chiefs. I was saying Kyle Shanahan had a bad QB. Understand now?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure who is being the idiot here

I have no idea what you are talking about, but this is a thread about the coach of the Niners, not the Chiefs. I was saying Kyle Shanahan had a bad QB. Understand now?
Ok, I stand corrected.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey y’all, stop me if you’ve heard this before, Kyle Shanahan chokes away a lead in a playoff game.

Didn't realize he made Tartt drop that INT.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s the chorus to the song of his life.

It is worrisome. What is it about Kyle that his teams are blowing leads in big games? I think he is too conservative. He definitely should've had his team go for it on 4th and 2 to try to take back control of that game.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many ints did kyle throw? missed tackles? ints dropped?