• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyle Shanahan, stick a fork in him?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Shanny gets canned this year but if Trey Lance shows nothing, not even a little bit of progression I could see the Niners moving on and bringing in someone to get to work with him. Maybe a Kellen Moore or Byron Leftwich would be the choice to coach him up.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. That was an awful performance by them today.

Btw: it's *whooping.

adrian-peterson-approves.jpg

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

That said...did AP ever "officially" retire?

No, I don't think he'll officially retire even after he gets into the HOF.

He's been terrible with his money and had 7 kids with 6 women, one was murdered by the baby mama's boyfriend, a very sad situation. But 6 kids with 5 women has drained him financially and he liked the lavish lifestyle too much.

His goal also was to break Emmitt Smith's record, but he obviously isn't going to.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners have been devastated by injuries the last 2 years.

But at what point do you stop saying “Shucks, we be havin’ bad luck” and start looking at the coaching staff? Add the insane lack of discipline shown by this team with the penalties, and I really have to start to wonder.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries are often the result of extremely poor conditioning. Too many teams screw around during the NFL mandated "No Contact, No Pads" the first week of training camp. This where the training staff has to be in charge and make everyone bend and stretch until they have tears running down their cheeks. Half assed conditioning leads to muscle and joint injuries. How many guys are already spending time on the sidelines with hamstring problems? Watching these guys do stretching exercises is worse than watching paint dry. Like a bad paint job, things start to crack.

The 49ers are no worse off with injuries than anyone else. The Patriots haven't had all of the OL for the last month and had four back ups playing two weeks in a row. Not having anyone to back up the starters is the biggest problem and that's on the GM and Head Coach.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries are often the result of extremely poor conditioning. Too many teams screw around during the NFL mandated "No Contact, No Pads" the first week of training camp. This where the training staff has to be in charge and make everyone bend and stretch until they have tears running down their cheeks. Half assed conditioning leads to muscle and joint injuries. How many guys are already spending time on the sidelines with hamstring problems? Watching these guys do stretching exercises is worse than watching paint dry. Like a bad paint job, things start to crack.

The 49ers are no worse off with injuries than anyone else. The Patriots haven't had all of the OL for the last month and had four back ups playing two weeks in a row. Not having anyone to back up the starters is the biggest problem and that's on the GM and Head Coach.
That’s was kinda my thought. I don’t know/follow football enough to really offer a strong argument either way, but if you continue to have injury issues, that goes beyond just bad luck. There is either some kind of conditioning issue, a culture that does not cultivate the “availability ability”, or bad roster construction (or a combination of all).

I understand that Indy was more hit by injuries last night than the Niners. But last year the Niners were hit at every position, to almost every single key player (Garapolo, Samuel, Kittle, Bosa, Ford, Verrett, etc, etc). This year we have lost Kittle, Mostert, Gould, Kinlaw, Verrett, Williams, Lance….

Don’t get me wrong. I am not claiming injuries as an excuse. Quite the opposite. It isn’t like these guys came in with Ironman reputations and all of the sudden can’t find the field. I fully blame the Niners organization.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s was kinda my thought. I don’t know/follow football enough to really offer a strong argument either way, but if you continue to have injury issues, that goes beyond just bad luck. There is either some kind of conditioning issue, a culture that does not cultivate the “availability ability”, or bad roster construction (or a combination of all).
I coached Pop Warner, Independent, and High School football for 44 years. Kids hated my conditioning week before getting their gear and engaging in contact. Parents were worse and constantly bitched because the kids were "so sore". !2 weeks later, no one was bitching when we were winning Championship games or competing in them, especially when my Eighth grade Independent team. won the New England Championship and was heading to Florida to play in the Nationals final eight. Katrina wiped out the whole Championship playoff. I had kids that broke bones, wrenched hips and sprained ankles, but it was always in pile ups or just bad position when they got hit. No calves, no hammies, no backs, no pulls.

Tom Brady has shown that flexibility, isometrics and stretching will pay a higher dividend than pumping iron. Especially as we age.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But at what point do you stop saying “Shucks, we be havin’ bad luck” and start looking at the coaching staff? Add the insane lack of discipline shown by this team with the penalties, and I really have to start to wonder.
Injuries are part of the game and when it happens consistently to one team, you can't just call it bad luck. Conditioning, practice habits, and the players you decide to invest in all play a huge role.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's time to bump this thread and rethink this. The Niners have had sone injuries for sure. Most notably Kittle who's back now but they do not look very good right now. They got destroyed by a division rival playing backups in key roles including Colt McCoy at QB. Not a good sign for Shanahan.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's time to bump this thread and rethink this. The Niners have had sone injuries for sure. Most notably Kittle who's back now but they do not look very good right now. They got destroyed by a division rival playing backups in key roles including Colt McCoy at QB. Not a good sign for Shanahan.
I’m kind of changing my tune. I thought for sure he was safe this year, but he got completely out coached by Kingsbury (the guy who was supposed to be on the hot seat). He was able to hide behind injuries for a while, but he had no excuses yesterday. The team was completely unprepared and played uninspired. His presser was weird as well.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan has gotten away from running the ball 11 runs to 40 pass attempts is not a good mix. I'm guessing we see Lance take over the starting QB position and he'll add to the run totals and pass less, but this is Shanahan play calling leading to these horrible results. 50/50 if he survives another season.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan has gotten away from running the ball 11 runs to 40 pass attempts is not a good mix. I'm guessing we see Lance take over the starting QB position and he'll add to the run totals and pass less, but this is Shanahan play calling leading to these horrible results. 50/50 if he survives another season.
The Niners were down big early. The run/pass breakdown was kinda dictated by that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners were down big early. The run/pass breakdown was kinda dictated by that.
Down 14-0 first quarter, 17-7 at half. I don't feel that is such a difference that you are forced away from running the ball....unless your run game is bad. The year the 49ers went to the Super Bowl they consistently ran the ball and when they did get away from running the ball they lost.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down 14-0 first quarter, 17-7 at half. I don't feel that is such a difference that you are forced away from running the ball....unless your run game is bad. The year the 49ers went to the Super Bowl they consistently ran the ball and when they did get away from running the ball they lost.
The Niners don’t have a healthy RB, though.

I am not making excuses. This is what, season 5 of the Shanny era, and there has been 1 good year and 4 “excuse” years? That does not cut it.