• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe ranked 93rd best player this year.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you factor in how bad he was last year, and don't kid yourself as he was awful last year gunning for his own numbers, and his uncertain health, I think its perfectly fair to rate him outside the Top 50. 93 is probably a little low though.

Yeah, I forget who I was listening to (may have been Dan Patrick) and he was talking about how they do these rankings.

He said that for the most part, they are fairly legit in that most players will be ranked pretty accurately. However, you get few clicks and very little publicity by posting a list that everyone agrees with.

So, they will typically take a player or 2 that they know "moves the needle" and rank them too high or too low knowing that it will drive traffic. Someone like Kobe, moves the needle. If you rank him outside the top 50 at around 55 or 60, most will assume it's because of injuries. But rank him 93rd, and now even people who don't like him will react.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough about Kobe, let's talk about the real travesty here… they left Kristaps Porzingis out of the top 10. You cannot do that to the GOAT.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mugsy Bogues.

It was a 3-way tie between him, Smush Parker and Kwame Brown.

Seriously though in one of the NBA2K's I knew how to score 100 points with Kwame, he had this altered layup that never missed ha. He was the best ever for me in that game.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously though in one of the NBA2K's I knew how to score 100 points with Kwame, he had this altered layup that never missed ha. He was the best ever for me in that game.

lol 2K16. the player that drives me nuts is John Wall. I have an easier time keeping LeClown in check...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Muggsy should never be mentioned in the same sentence with those two guys ever again.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the worst last season by a first ballot HOF ever? Can't wait to watch him go 3 for 15 tonight.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the worst last season by a first ballot HOF ever? Can't wait to watch him go 3 for 15 tonight.....
yah it has to be right up there. I give Kobe credit though that he never lossed his mind or raged or did any of the things that i expected out of Kobe being on a team that is just beyond bad- i mean truly truly awful. Its a shame that he got hurt- and that the Lakers couldnt put a decent team around him in his twilight years---- thus Kobe's last 2 years are the worst in the franchises history- not exactly something you want on your resume- but i have a hard time laying that at Kobe's feet. Without a doubt top 10 of all time...plenty of debate where he belongs in that top 10 though.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah it has to be right up there. I give Kobe credit though that he never lossed his mind or raged or did any of the things that i expected out of Kobe being on a team that is just beyond bad- i mean truly truly awful. Its a shame that he got hurt- and that the Lakers couldnt put a decent team around him in his twilight years---- thus Kobe's last 2 years are the worst in the franchises history- not exactly something you want on your resume- but i have a hard time laying that at Kobe's feet. Without a doubt top 10 of all time...plenty of debate where he belongs in that top 10 though.

Yeah, would have liked for him to be able to go out on top or at least close to it. The Dwight/Nash thing was kind of a last ditch effort to make that happen. Unfortunately, it didn't work and thus, we never got the Kobe/Lebron finals everyone wanted to see.

Who knows? If he doesn't blow out his Achilles and have the other injuries, maybe the Lakers are able to attract some better FA's and he would have gotten to go out on top or close to it (at least one final playoff appearance).

On the other hand, maybe it's fitting that he's going out on a team that is in transition and trying to rebuild? He's been a Laker for more than half his life. So, sort of closing the door on 1 era and opening a new door to whatever is next.

As for his all time rank. I think he's probably top 10. But lower part of the top 10. Like 8-10 range, imo.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq and Charles Barkley come to mind as worst last seasons, but both of them were really derailed by injuries. It's probably the worst last season for an all-time great considering the amount of usage and playing time he received. That's why KG hasn't received nearly as much hate on his last few seasons because he was aware of the decline and his minutes and usage have dropped accordingly.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq and Charles Barkley come to mind as worst last seasons, but both of them were really derailed by injuries. It's probably the worst last season for an all-time great considering the amount of usage and playing time he received. That's why KG hasn't received nearly as much hate on his last few seasons because he was aware of the decline and his minutes and usage have dropped accordingly.
his shooting this year makes Dwade look like Mark Price.