• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe ranked 93rd best player this year.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
60 points huh?

Not too shabby for the 93rd best player in the NBA.
Now who was the last NBA player to score 60?

Oh that's right Kobe, in 2007!

No one other than Kobe has scored 60 points in nearly a decade!

Yep, & he's the only one to have done it twice in nearly 10 years since 1969!....

And to have scored 60 yesterday......

93rd sounds about right.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was a great last game for kobe but lakers fans are overreacting to this so much....the whole game plan was to let him shoot it as much as he wanted and utah went into total collapse mode at the end knowing they were already eliminated. this game was a akin to an over forty league at the local Y where everyone passes it the ringer and he has a high scoring night.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now who was the last NBA player to score 60?

Oh that's right Kobe, in 2007!

No one other than Kobe has scored 60 points in nearly a decade!

Yep, & he's the only one to have done it twice in nearly 10 years since 1969!....

And to have scored 60 yesterday......

93rd sounds about right.

Yes because that game really looked like he did for the previous 81 games of the season.

Really, just because Dwight went 14-18 at the line a couple months ago, I'm not calling him an elite free throw shooter.

His game was impressive, not many of his this year were and that makes sense, he was very old and looked ready to retire.

Now that said, it is HUGELY impressive, might be the awesomest retirement game I've seen in basketball ever... just not indicative of his season by any means.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes because that game really looked like he did for the previous 81 games of the season.

Really, just because Dwight went 14-18 at the line a couple months ago, I'm not calling him an elite free throw shooter.

His game was impressive, not many of his this year were and that makes sense, he was very old and looked ready to retire.

Now that said, it is HUGELY impressive, might be the awesomest retirement game I've seen in basketball ever... just not indicative of his season by any means.
Some of you guys are funny, it was his best game of the season, so of course it's.. Not indicative of his season. :lol:

Not even his half dozen 30+ games this season, on limited minutes, were indicative of his season!

Sure, I referenced a season ranking, however my comment was more about them 60 point games....

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think anyone was claiming that it was indicative of his season. If it were, the Lakers would probably have been in playoff contention and Kobe probably isn't retiring.

His play all season has been pretty sub par as he has averaged career lows in just about every statistical category. Which, as you said, was to be expected. All season long we've seen flashes of the old Kobe and we even saw maybe 4 or 5 full games of the old Kobe. But the season has mostly been proof that it was past time to retire.

I agree though, I can't think of a final game by an all-time great in any sport, that tops it. MJ's final game with the Bulls in the finals vs. the Jazz would be the only one if it had ended up being his last game like it should have been. Maybe Elway's final game in the NFL since it was a Super Bowl win and he was MVP?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone was claiming that it was indicative of his season. If it were, the Lakers would probably have been in playoff contention and Kobe probably isn't retiring.

His play all season has been pretty sub par as he has averaged career lows in just about every statistical category. Which, as you said, was to be expected. All season long we've seen flashes of the old Kobe and we even saw maybe 4 or 5 full games of the old Kobe. But the season has mostly been proof that it was past time to retire.

I agree though, I can't think of a final game by an all-time great in any sport, that tops it. MJ's final game with the Bulls in the finals vs. the Jazz would be the only one if it had ended up being his last game like it should have been. Maybe Elway's final game in the NFL since it was a Super Bowl win and he was MVP?

Maybe Elway , but that one no one really even was sure he was retiring, I mean that didn't happen until months later when he finally decided.

This one was just very cool...

And not sure I saw games of the old Kobe, maybe some where his shot was falling, but, and this isn't a knock again, he's ancient, I can think of a game where his impact on both ends of the floor was old Kobe.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And not sure I saw games of the old Kobe, maybe some where his shot was falling, but, and this isn't a knock again, he's ancient, I can think of a game where his impact on both ends of the floor was old Kobe.

Oh, no doubt there were no "Kobe of old" games on the defensive side of the floor. On that side, it was just "old Kobe." There were times that you could see that he knew what the guy was going to do, tried to react and his body just wouldn't move.

Offensively though, he had, I believe five 30+ point games and we had a few "flashes" where he would blow past a guy or make some crazy shot like he used to.

And yeah, this one was really cool. I think I spent the entire 4th quarter just laughing and shaking my head over what was happening.