• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe Bryant on/off court stats

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B5d2XMyCMAEXDcG.png

Holy crap

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst year of his career so far. Doesnt excuse the team as a whole.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much lakers have been a good team without Bryant and a bottom feeder with him

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These baseline statistics do not show many variables that could skew the results, such as teams played, matchups etc.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate on hater more power to you. Meanwhile your team sits with what, 3 losses and you take the time. :pound:

I'm not hating lol he takes a lot of ill advised shots. If he was really a great player still he would have the team playing better when he's on the court

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much lakers have been a good team without Bryant and a bottom feeder with him

Kobe is certainly hurting the team some nights with his poor shooting. But do you really believe this is a good team without him?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next thing you know we're going to hear about +/-.

Jeremy Lin was like 1 of 5 in 14 minutes recently, with 0 rebounds and like 2 assists, but he had an amazing +/- stat line while Kobe who had a relatively good game was -1 or -2.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next thing you know we're going to hear about +/-.

Jeremy Lin was like 1 of 5 in 14 minutes recently, with 0 rebounds and like 2 assists, but he had an amazing +/- stat line while Kobe who had a relatively good game was -1 or -2.

+/- may be the worst stat out there.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not hating lol he takes a lot of ill advised shots. If he was really a great player still he would have the team playing better when he's on the court

Yeah you are, you made a thread about kobes numbers when your team is dominating the league. This is my problem with stat hogs.Those are baseline statistics, if you only went by that you could talk shit all day. But here, i said it, but let me spell it out. What are the chances that those statistics are when Kobes on the floor vs Starters. Im sure if Kobe played agasint second lines it would improve. And im also sure that if Defenses didnt focus on Kobe defensively it would be different. I wonder if that could, say, skew the results. The team as a whole needs to be held accountable. But i digress, this is the worst year of Kobes career bar none. Hes not the same anymore. He just cant do it by himself like he used to anymore. It is what it is.
If you want you can look into it more. Let me know.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you are, you made a thread about kobes numbers when your team is dominating the league.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...neral-discussion/170011-clippers-garbage.html

I love hating on the Clippers, its one of my favorite things to do. I see a team in its second year with the Coach that was supposed to take them to the next level. All i see is the same over achieving Clippers. I swear if Chris Paul went down they get lucky to make the playoffs. I really think this team relies on him too much. The Clippers even with the same core for years now, still are incredibly inconsistent. The Lakers pushed them, and the GSW completely destroyed them. What is up with this team?

:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These baseline statistics do not show many variables that could skew the results, such as teams played, matchups etc.

That pic the OP posted came from a tweet Zach Lowe sent out last night. He acknowledged that there is some "noise" to those stats. Noise being things like its still a sort of small sample size since we're still in December and also you have to take into account what line ups are out on the floor (like starters vs backups, backups vs backups), etc.

However, the gap is significant enough to indicate a real problem. The exact number may not be accurately represented, but the trend certainly is. And this quantitative data is backed up when you watch LA play and can qualitatively see the outcome, that being Kobe Bryant busting out of the offense and laboring hard to get off an awful shot on many possessions. All of the data you can find and games you watch for yourself boils down to this, despite his PPG average, Kobe Bryant is not playing very good basketball right now. And when your star isn't playing good basketball, your team will suffer because of it.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is certainly hurting the team some nights with his poor shooting. But do you really believe this is a good team without him?

I don't believe this is a good team with him. It's believable because with Kobe in there they are better on offense and worse on defense (per the stats posted). From what I have seen this year (east coast time zone, so very limited), Kobe couldn't guard a lamp post at this point in his career. Father time has finally caught the great Kobe Bean Bryant.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Mecca, point proven. I openly say that shit, i dont dance around it acting like im making an objective point of view.

Yes, and I like that about you:suds:.

Ham seems to b a cool poster.

I don't think he created the thread to troll....it's kinda the hot NBA topic today outside of Josh Smith.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and I like that about you:suds:.

Ham seems to b a cool poster.

I don't think he created the thread to troll....it's kinda the hot NBA topic today outside of Josh Smith.

Thats the thing, i didn't dismiss his point completely. He did mine. That why i felt he was simply hating. Even though there was substantiation to my point. Turkey put it best probably, it was a reasonable assertion.

Also, even though in the Clippers Garbage thread i was openly mocking the Clippers, i made valid points.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe this is a good team with him. It's believable because with Kobe in there they are better on offense and worse on defense (per the stats posted). From what I have seen this year (east coast time zone, so very limited), Kobe couldn't guard a lamp post at this point in his career. Father time has finally caught the great Kobe Bean Bryant.

I think this is somewhat reasonable to say in regards to Kobe not being an effective defender anymore . But i will say this, its not reasonable to say that all of the Lakers Defensive troubles are because of one Kobe Bryant. Kobes replacements are either Ellington or Lin. While Kobe isnt the tour de force on defense, these guys aint much better. Also, bench vs bench.

I didnt come to a conclusion, but until recently on Kobe Bryant. Kobe for the first time recently admitted that he may have to take games off cause hes sore, hes fatigued. And this is different from being tired. His body is not 100% or even close to it after certain games. He has now openly admitted it. While for a while i was pondering why is he playing damn near 40 minutes at stretches? I believe they were trying to condition him, and see if his body could still do it. It has become apparent he can not sustain this anymore. Sitting him games maybe best for him, and for the cohesiveness of the team. Whereas Kobe brings a substantial amount of experience and play making ability, he is absolutely hampered by fatigue. His quality may improve. So i will end by saying this, you can shit on Kobe now, but i wouldn't doubt the man will find a way to be as effective as he can be. His hard headiness has lead him to a 30 something percent shooting percentage, but i haev no doubt he will adjust it. It just took him a while to accept it.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hes still better then Harden though.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the thing, i didn't dismiss his point completely. He did mine. That why i felt he was simply hating. Even though there was substantiation to my point. Turkey put it best probably, it was a reasonable assertion.

Also, even though in the Clippers Garbage thread i was openly mocking the Clippers, i made valid points.

Yes, you did.

They are getting OWNED by the Spurs right now which further proves you point.:L