• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Knowing what you know now.....

Are you still in favor of the Jamal Adams trade?

• Yes.

• Adams is great but the price we paid was too much.

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you still want Seattle to do the Jamal Adams trade?

Don't mean to invade the team board or start a debate. I have always found that I am surprised by a bunch of Seattle fan's opinions on their own players and just wanted to get a feel of where the fanbase is at on the Jamal Adams trade now.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point it doesn't really matter. He's on the team and you move forward trying to get better.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go other... Seattle did ZERO to supplement Adams... We did draft some DLs... but they ALL busted (McDowell, Collier, even Taylor with an injury) and did ZERO to help that in free agency.

I value safety play highly.... but now Adams is being dropped in coverage 24/7 instead of playing a 4-3 mid safety role as he should be as his ONLY role.... so we spent all this money and a ton of draft capital on Kam Chancellor 2.0 when Kam Chancellor 2.0 requires the same front 4 that John Lynch and Kam Chancellor had when they played... so I guess at best we get Steve Atwater.... who I love but is not worth what we gave up.

Point being, it wasn't too much. Adams is a rare talent and a HUGE asset/leader to a team. How Seattle built the defense around him was a giant failure and a reflection that the coaching on this team needs to take a hike. Carroll, Norton, and that dork from St. Louis... it's over... Time to tank several seasons, find a new head coach (Seattle is a AAA market now, should be relatively easy given the salary #s will be huge) and start over.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was definitely an overpayment, but my argument has always been who would the Seahawks draft if they had those first round picks? Their track record has not been good.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go other... Seattle did ZERO to supplement Adams... We did draft some DLs... but they ALL busted (McDowell, Collier, even Taylor with an injury) and did ZERO to help that in free agency.

I value safety play highly.... but now Adams is being dropped in coverage 24/7 instead of playing a 4-3 mid safety role as he should be as his ONLY role.... so we spent all this money and a ton of draft capital on Kam Chancellor 2.0 when Kam Chancellor 2.0 requires the same front 4 that John Lynch and Kam Chancellor had when they played... so I guess at best we get Steve Atwater.... who I love but is not worth what we gave up.

Point being, it wasn't too much. Adams is a rare talent and a HUGE asset/leader to a team. How Seattle built the defense around him was a giant failure and a reflection that the coaching on this team needs to take a hike. Carroll, Norton, and that dork from St. Louis... it's over... Time to tank several seasons, find a new head coach (Seattle is a AAA market now, should be relatively easy given the salary #s will be huge) and start over.

I agree with moving on from the Pete Carroll and co. I do still think that he is a good coach and that he could find success on another team, but I also think that coaches have a shelf life and that after 7 or 8 years max it is time to move on, with only some very rare exceptions, like Belichick.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you still want Seattle to do the Jamal Adams trade?

Don't mean to invade the team board or start a debate. I have always found that I am surprised by a bunch of Seattle fan's opinions on their own players and just wanted to get a feel of where the fanbase is at on the Jamal Adams trade now.
Just keep on beating this dead horse.

Adams is not the problem. Yes it is an overpay but solely because the team has dropped off of the map. If they had continued at the pace they anticipated then it would have been reasonable but no one really saw this coming to this extent.

If you want to discuss specific player issues, then look at the likes of Duane Brown and Carlos Dunlap both of whom got extensions and/or pay increases and then have completely dropped off a cliff, or the starting RBs as both Carson and Penny seem to be done on the Hawks, or Russ's injury issue. Much bigger issues.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to discuss specific player issues, then look at the likes of Duane Brown and Carlos Dunlap both of whom got extensions and/or pay increases and then have completely dropped off a cliff, or the starting RBs as both Carson and Penny seem to be done on the Hawks, or Russ's injury issue. Much bigger issues.
Yeah Dunlap has been a ghost outside one game... He seems to give up on plays too quickly... I noticed that yesterday... You know it's sad when Mone is taking on 2 OL en route to sacking the QB and putting pressure on him a few times... You wouldn't have even known Dunlap was playing yesterday...

And D. Brown? He's been awful... He's done... He seems to get bulldozed into our QB too much now days...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 2013 Seattle has 6 no picks in the first round. The only hits were 2010 #6 and #14 and i never felt Okung was good enough to say he wasn't a miss at #6. they then Got James Carpenter in the first round 2011 Bust! Then in 2012 they got Bruce Irvin who played well but not like a #15. Since then they have had 6 No picks and 4 picks. Yes they have not have much success at first round picks but that cant always stay true, sooner or later you will hit and it's like the lotto you cant win if you don't play. Not playing in the first round is stupid and Adams was not worth 2 FIRST round pics a 3rd AND a Safety/Player. He is not Kam 2.0 not even CLOSE not even remotely close as Kam could Cover Wide receivers and TE and Adams cant cover a 4.9 40 TE. Not to even mention the two bricks he has for hands. a 1st 2nd and player yes maybe but not 2 first

Last edited:

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 2013 Seattle has 6 no picks in the first round. The only hits were 2010 #6 and #14 and i never felt Okung was good enough to say he wasn't a miss at #6. they then Got James Carpenter in the first round 2011 Bust! Then in 2012 they got Bruce Irvin who played well but not like a #15. Since then they have had 6 No picks and 4 picks. Yes they have not have much success at first round picks but that cant always stay true, sooner or later you will hit and it's like the lotto you cant win if you don't play. Not playing in the first round is stupid and Adams was not worth 2 FIRST round pics a 3rd AND a Safety/Player. He is not Kam 2.0 not even CLOSE not even remotely close as Kam could Cover Wide receivers and TE and Adams cant cover a 4.9 40 TE. Not to even mention the two bricks he has for hands. a 1st 2nd and player yes maybe but not 2 first
If you want to start throwing stones about covering TEs and RBs, then start with Brooks. He was horrible again yesterday and has been far worse than Adams by the numbers.
But we have already been through all of this. We should have never let Wright walk because Brooks is usually lost in coverage.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to start throwing stones about covering TEs and RBs, then start with Brooks. He was horrible again yesterday and has been far worse than Adams by the numbers.
But we have already been through all of this. We should have never let Wright walk because Brooks is usually lost in coverage.
You want to talk about KJ? did you not see my avatar? KJ makes this team better and I feel he would have won us at least 2 more games with a Pick or stop of a RB Screen that we cant seem to stop now. KJ was always right on those calls. Brooks is Meh at best. His best games make him look like a OK player when a best game should make you look like a super star. NOTHING i saw from Brooks told me he was as good or even close to it as KJ. But the Hawks had to Pay Adams so they couldn't Pay KJ or Reed.

the gift that keeps on giving. Having Adams here could cost us Wilson also and none of you are connecting those dots. He all ready cost the Hawks KJ and Reed next to go is Wilson and Pete. Thanks Jamal Adams for turning us into what will soon be the New York Jets of the West coast. Good news for him because he will once again become the best player on a bad team making him look better than he really is.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Sidney Jones needs to play more. He flips his head and reads the QB were as DJ and Tre face guard so they will rarely get INT's. Why do they have a CB coach who when he played was and could only face guard people and never turn and locate?

this team has a lot of scrub coaches on it the CB coach, the OC, the linebackers coach the RB coach, the WR Coach, offensive passing game and defensive passing game coordinators, WR Coach ( Pete's son ) Assistant HC/Dline coach ... these guys suck and it is showing up on the field. I would add in TE coach but we never use our TE so I can't place blame there.

Hmm I just went and looked at the Hawks Coaching staff and I noticed, someone is missing? I read this out before the season started before and they had a SS/CB coach listed now they don't. Did they fire him? I also remember stating he was a past CB for the Hawks who was not that good, I forgot his name but it looks like he was fired because they don't even have a DB's coach any more. it was someone that played CB for the Hawks between 2000-2009. somewhere in that time frame and he wasn't good. Still throw up a little thinking that Curry is assisting the development of our Linebackers WTF! Curry had NO CLUE on the field. He had all the physical talents needed but has a 0 for an IQ. Why is he teaching these guys?!?!?!

remember that these guys teach their players and Pete has to put it all together. Can't put a square peg in a round hole and I think Pete is getting a lot of square pegs. These guys ( Hawks Players ) just do not look fundamentally sound with their job execution.

Last edited:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Sidney Jones needs to play more. He flips his head and reads the QB were as DJ and Tre face guard so they will rarely get INT's. Why do they have a CB coach who when he played was and could only face guard people and never turn and locate?

this team has a lot of scrub coaches on it the CB coach, the OC, the linebackers coach the RB coach, the WR Coach, offensive passing game and defensive passing game coordinators, WR Coach ( Pete's son ) Assistant HC/Dline coach ... these guys suck and it is showing up on the field. I would add in TE coach but we never use our TE so I can't place blame there.

Hmm I just went and looked at the Hawks Coaching staff and I noticed, someone is missing? I read this out before the season started before and they had a SS/CB coach listed now they don't. Did they fire him? I also remember stating he was a past CB for the Hawks who was not that good, I forgot his name but it looks like he was fired because they don't even have a DB's coach any more. it was someone that played CB for the Hawks between 2000-2009. somewhere in that time frame and he wasn't good. Still throw up a little thinking that Curry is assisting the development of our Linebackers WTF! Curry had NO CLUE on the field. He had all the physical talents needed but has a 0 for an IQ. Why is he teaching these guys?!?!?!

remember that these guys teach their players and Pete has to put it all together. Can't put a square peg in a round hole and I think Pete is getting a lot of square pegs. These guys ( Hawks Players ) just do not look fundamentally sound with their job execution.
You bring up good points but I will say sometimes a player who busted out or just wasn't good (Curry) can become good coaches. But I get what you're saying.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to talk about KJ? did you not see my avatar? KJ makes this team better and I feel he would have won us at least 2 more games with a Pick or stop of a RB Screen that we cant seem to stop now. KJ was always right on those calls. Brooks is Meh at best. His best games make him look like a OK player when a best game should make you look like a super star. NOTHING i saw from Brooks told me he was as good or even close to it as KJ. But the Hawks had to Pay Adams so they couldn't Pay KJ or Reed.

the gift that keeps on giving. Having Adams here could cost us Wilson also and none of you are connecting those dots. He all ready cost the Hawks KJ and Reed next to go is Wilson and Pete. Thanks Jamal Adams for turning us into what will soon be the New York Jets of the West coast. Good news for him because he will once again become the best player on a bad team making him look better than he really is.
All fair and good but you are wrong about Adams being the reason not to pay KJ. We had and I believe still have along the lines of $12 million in cap space and could have easily resigned him but moved on because we supposedly had no spot for him because Brooks was moving into his starting spot.
Adams had absolutely nothing, nada, zilch to do with the ability to bring back KJ.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bring up good points but I will say sometimes a player who busted out or just wasn't good (Curry) can become good coaches. But I get what you're saying.
Curry could be a good coach but it seems highly unlikely since he was a spectacular uber athlete who seemed to lack either the drive or the intellect to succeed on the NFL level. As a coach, drive and intelligence in regards to the game are key to success, and Curry displayed neither of those characteristics as a player.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still yes.

The Cost was unfortunate but if we use him correctly, and some here don't want to admit it, he is a wrecking ball.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of players who became coaches, i'm surprised that Kam didn't get into coaching... He was very intelligent, hard work ethic and new his X's & O's...