• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Knicks on Brink of Civil War With 'Melo

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right! The players aren't.

Yeah but you have to adjust. If you see the triangle is not working, he needs to change the system. If you see your scheme on the pick isn't productive you must change to something else. You gotta adjust to your team. Seeing something is broken and sticking with it is just stupid

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but you have to adjust. If you see the triangle is not working, he needs to change the system. If you see your scheme on the pick isn't productive you must change to something else. You gotta adjust to your team. Seeing something is broken and sticking with it is just stupid

I agree to a point, but if the long term goal is to instill the triangle offense and mentality, you are not going to give up on it. This is what PJ wants, so Fisher is going to stick to the plan.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uh, no you don't. You only change your system if the players don't fit the system you're trying to play.

For example, if you're trying to get Golden State to play the way Memphis does, you change that. The triangle could work for the Knicks given what they have, but it takes awhile to learn. Phil has said it can take 2-3 years before a team truly has it down completely.`

How many different systems have the Knicks used over the past few years? Their problem is they have a bunch of ill fitting pieces. They can't exactly go uptempo and they're not really a physical team. The triangle is probably the best chance they have at developing any kind of cohesion. It's gonna take awhile though.

Plus, the Knicks are in a situation similar to the Lakers. They knew going in that it was probably going to be a looooong year, so they are committing to learning the system and deciding who they're going to keep going forward.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let it sink. For once these idiots have a 1st round pick next year and they'll have money under the cap.

just in..... dolan gives up #1 pick to bring back jared jeffries, jerome james and "bruce" lee.. what was his name, he went to houston...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I think if it was anybody else in his position, I think this probably would've crumbled already," Anthony said after scoring 19 points in 29 minutes. "I think he's doing a great job of keeping everybody focused on the task at hand and believing in what we're trying to do." - Carmelo

Looks like yoga was dead wrong.

Again.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silver will simply gift them with the #1 overall pick, like Sterno did in the Ewing draft, they will steal K Love from the imploding Cavs in the offseason, Amare and Bargnani's toxic deals will be off the books to add needed depth, and all will be right in Melo's world.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you are not.

Horry was already on the Lakers. Even if Phil did bring him in, would that have been a bad thing?

Robert Horry beats the Sacramento Kings - YouTube

Okay, I made an error on Robert Horry, but Phil did state in his book or after the book that he wanted Kobe to be traded. He was wanting Jason Kidd and another player. In short the Lakers refused to give Phil Jackson more money and traded Shaq instead of Kobe and it worked out for the Lakers. I was most likely thinking of Ron Harper and Horris Grant when I mentioned Horry. This is Phil Jackson's first year as gm and truthfully he had a pretty shitty team to begin with. I don't see how anyone could expect Phil to turn it around in one season. That's why he brought in Fisher as an experienced coach. I am actually surprised that Carmelo stayed there because New York will have to rebuild that entire team.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson needed to rebuild an entire team. put all the eggs in melos basket. What is gonna be funny is watching carmello want to renegotiate in two years when the new tv money kicks in because signing another max player when Amare is done with his contract is gonna put melo second on the list of payroll.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Melo has been bothered by a sore knee for awhile and there's talk going around now that NY may just sit him the rest of the year for treatment.

Translation: We suck so we're going to go into full tank mode and sit our only good player just in case things turn around and we might win a game.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Melo has been bothered by a sore knee for awhile and there's talk going around now that NY may just sit him the rest of the year for treatment.

Translation: We suck so we're going to go into full tank mode and sit our only good player just in case things turn around and we might win a game.

Do they really need to tank it? - they are only ahead of Philly and no one else. That's about as low as you can get any way:lol:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep.

#1 pick here they come:nod:

Knicks coach Derek Fisher said Friday there is a possibility Carmelo Anthony may have to be shut down for the remainder of the season because of his sore left knee (ESPN, Jan. 2). The Knicks Blog

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have signed with the Lakers, Melo. Hard to believe how bad the Knicks are right now.

should have signed with the Bulls. I bet the Bulls are glad he didnt though considering Jimmy Butlers emergence and Melos injuries and selfishness

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fire fish chants at the garden tonight.....

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Amazing. :L

Last edited by a moderator: