• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kill Tony

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Greg’s continuation of the bit later in the episode was genius. He did bring the temperature of the room down a bit with how he handled it. Masterful.

I also hate when Tony gets political. It would be one thing if they were jokes. But they really are not. They are just political comments that he can’t help himself from making. And it did make Sam jay uncomfortable as well.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also hate when Tony gets political. It would be one thing if they were jokes. But they really are not. They are just political comments that he can’t help himself from making. And it did make Sam jay uncomfortable as well.
We have been down this road before.

In a vacuum, I agree 100%. But “going political” isn’t a complaint with SNL or Myers or Kimmel or Colbert or …. Everywhere else in media, the “going political” is in the other direction, and “we” need to just swallow it and take it. KT is just about the only ENTERTAINMENT show in existence that “goes political” in his direction.

You just gotta swallow it and take it.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have been down this road before.

In a vacuum, I agree 100%. But “going political” isn’t a complaint with SNL or Myers or Kimmel or Colbert or …. Everywhere else in media, the “going political” is in the other direction, and “we” need to just swallow it and take it. KT is just about the only ENTERTAINMENT show in existence that “goes political” in his direction.

You just gotta swallow it and take it.

Except the liberal comedy shows don’t make political statements they make satire and jokes that clearly lean liberal.

I am ok with jokes. I didn’t mind the trump and Biden guest show where trump was basically the hero and Biden was hopeless.

If it is said as a joke I will always look the other way.

Tony will sometimes make comments because he can’t help himself. He made a few in this weeks episode. You could see Sam jay cringe during them.

Again I know I am watching a show that leans conservative heavily. And I am ok with that. All I ask is for less political commentary. Not less political jokes.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except the liberal comedy shows don’t make political statements they make satire and jokes that clearly lean liberal.

I am ok with jokes. I didn’t mind the trump and Biden guest show where trump was basically the hero and Biden was hopeless.

If it is said as a joke I will always look the other way.

Tony will sometimes make comments because he can’t help himself. He made a few in this weeks episode. You could see Sam jay cringe during them.

Again I know I am watching a show that leans conservative heavily. And I am ok with that. All I ask is for less political commentary. Not less political jokes.
I don’t want to harp on this point to much longer, but are you arguing that Colbert only introduces politics in a satirical sense? Or the Kate McKinnon cold open after the ‘16 election wasn’t politically motivated?

Come On Biden GIF by GIPHY News

I acknowledge that Tony it clearly trolling, and in a perfect world, he shouldn’t do it. But don’t sit there and tell me that what he does is anything more than a tiny drop in the bucket compared to everything that is out there going in the other direction.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t want to harp on this point to much longer, but are you aging that Colbert only introduces politics in a satirical sense? Or the Kate McKinnan cold open after the ‘16 election wasn’t politically motivated?

Come on man.

I acknowledge that Tony it clearly trolling, and in a perfect world, he wouldn’t do it. But don’t sit there and tell me that what he does is anything more than a tiny drop in the bucket compared to everything that is out there going in the other direction.

I will be honest I don’t watch any of that shit so I don’t really know.

Haven’t watched the daily show in over a decade.
But those are all political comedy shows.

This is not meant to be a political show at all.

I do agree with you that almost everything is on the liberal side. And I can definitely see how that can get annoying and old quick.

But again this is not a political show. It’s a standup and interview. And a lot of gab.

Politics has a place in humour. And I am all for it. No matter what the view is.

Again, I am only pointing out that Tony often makes political commentary that is not joking. And it has no place on the show. If it really gets that bad,and I can’t stand it then I will stop watching. It is nowhere near there. I just wish he did it less.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be honest I don’t watch any of that shit so I don’t really know.

Haven’t watched the daily show in over a decade.
But those are all political comedy shows.

This is not meant to be a political show at all.

I do agree with you that almost everything is on the liberal side. And I can definitely see how that can get annoying and old quick.

But again this is not a political show. It’s a standup and interview. And a lot of gab.

Politics has a place in humour. And I am all for it. No matter what the view is.

Again, I am only pointing out that Tony often makes political commentary that is not joking. And it has no place on the show. If it really gets that bad,and I can’t stand it then I will stop watching. It is nowhere near there. I just wish he did it less.
I specifically didn’t mention any overt political comedy shows (no RedEye, no Daily Show, no Last Week, Tonight). I mentioned the Late Show (Colbert), the Late Late Show (Myers), SNL and Kimmel Live; all shows that are supposedly apolitical interview/sketch comedy shows. And all shows that sway WAY outside the comedic zone in order to make heavy political statements CONSTANTLY.

Again, we have stayed on this topic longer than I feel comfortable with in this forum. I will not comment on it again. You are welcome to the final word.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any issue with his politics. Its the exact same deal on the left.

I would challenge those that find it "okay " when tony does it but fall apart when it's a liberal comment.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I specifically didn’t mention any overt political comedy shows (no RedEye, no Daily Show, no Last Week, Tonight). I mentioned the Late Show, the Late Late Show, SNL and Kimmel Live.

Yea. Haven’t watched any of those in forever. So I really don’t know if they make political comments(not jokes). I am sure they do. And again I agree that for a conservative it must be annoying to see basically everything heavily liberal.

And I am sure if they make political comments(not jokes) and I was watching I would get cringed as well.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“This is a real interruption here. This was not scheduled.”

Ari has a working mic, coordinated pyro and theme music from the band.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why didn’t Jetski get a minute?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he say they have more road shows coming up?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he say they have more road shows coming up?
At the end of MSG2, he mentioned HEB on NYE again. I saw elsewhere that there will be a Vegas taping later this month (this weekend?).

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of MSG2, he mentioned HEB on NYE again. I saw elsewhere that there will be a Vegas taping later this month (this weekend?).
Yeah I did see the Las Vegas one but I was hoping there were going to do one of those long road shows like they used to do. I guess there's also a tour with the regulars like Kam and Hans.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I did see the Las Vegas one but I was hoping there were going to do one of those long road shows like they used to do. I guess there's also a tour with the regulars like Kam and Hans.
I don’t know if they have much interest in doing the kind of LONG trip they did in ‘18/‘19. Not sure there is infrastructure for it anymore either. The show is too big for most clubs at this point, so they would need todo arenas, and those are expensive, so there is real risk involved in a tour like that.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know if they have much interest in doing the kind of LONG trip they did in ‘18/‘19. Not sure there is infrastructure for it anymore either. The show is too big for most clubs at this point, so they would need todo arenas, and those are expensive, so there is real risk involved in a tour like that.
Yeah you're probably right about that.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been trying to figure out for weeks what Drew Nickens reminds me of. And finally it came to me. He is a Don Martin character. (I know that's an obscure reference but if you remember Mad Magazine you'll know what I mean)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Ari bit that I did not like. At all.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been trying to figure out for weeks what Drew Nickens reminds me of. And finally it came to me. He is a Don Martin character. (I know that's an obscure reference but if you remember Mad Magazine you'll know what I mean)
Is he the one who drew all the fucked up boxer-noses?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom segura is a great guest. He tries to help the comedians.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
although, i disagree with the advice to drew Mickens... part of his charm is that we dont understand him... i am ok with that, as weird as that sounds...

i feel like his jokes are little puzzles, and for me, it makes it even funnier... but sure, if you ever gonna watch him for longer than 10 minutes, that may get old quickly...