• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kill Tony

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it had its moments... but there was a lot of political cringe this week IMO... odd that i felt more cringe this week with Whitney cummings than i felt last week with an actual political figure...
While I agree Tony piles it on too much, he gets more criticism than any of the late night guys, SNL, or any other comedy source that have piled on political spin/jokes from the other side for decades.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree Tony piles it on too much, he gets more criticism than any of the late night guys, SNL, or any other comedy source that have piled on political spin/jokes from the other side for decades.

i dont watch them... so i dont care... LOL... also doesnt help that i am certainly more left than the typical KT target audience... so i am sure, i will have more or different cringe moments than the typical KT viewer...

and what was weird, i had no cringe with Ari and his interview, but felt the call backs throughout the show to his bit was cringe... Also Tony explaining about periods was extremely cringe... he even knew that...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont watch them... so i dont care... LOL... also doesnt help that i am certainly more left than the typical KT target audience... so i am sure, i will have more or different cringe moments than the typical KT viewer...

and what was weird, i had no cringe with Ari and his interview, but felt the call backs throughout the show to his bit was cringe... Also Tony explaining about periods was extremely cringe... he even knew that...
I actually really liked the whole period bit. Not because I thought it was particularly funny or insightful, but because it made Tony humble. He actually showed some self awareness and basically threw in the towel admitting that he wasn’t funny and that his take was ridiculous. THAT was funny.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually really liked the whole period bit. Not because I thought it was particularly funny or insightful, but because it made Tony humble. He actually showed some self awareness and basically threw in the towel admitting that he wasn’t funny and that his take was ridiculous. THAT was funny.

I agree with you that it is nice to see Tony get humbled sometimes... because he can be insufferable...

I honestly dont know whether as someone who is left of the target audience, if i am more sensitive to the political bias of this show, or if it is really as bad as i think it is...
i just felt this week, although it had some great moments... Like the montgomery's at the end...

the kamala bashing gets old... but again, this is texas... but i cant tell, if it is my political standings, or if the bias is overwhelming... some episodes i dont feel it... this one i certainly did... maybe its also the bucket drops...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

also, can you explain to me the deathsquad cat.... it cringes me out everytime i see it.. is it intended to offend everyone???

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you that it is nice to see Tony get humbled sometimes... because he can be insufferable...

I honestly dont know whether as someone who is left of the target audience, if i am more sensitive to the political bias of this show, or if it is really as bad as i think it is...
i just felt this week, although it had some great moments... Like the montgomery's at the end...

the kamala bashing gets old... but again, this is texas... but i cant tell, if it is my political standings, or if the bias is overwhelming... some episodes i dont feel it... this one i certainly did... maybe its also the bucket drops...
It IS pretty heavy-handed. And I am right-leaning.

But, tbh, I don’t have a lot of patience for hearing people from the left complaining about any right-leaning bias in media, particularly comedy, due to the absolute ocean of HEAVY left-leaning bias that is EVERYWHERE else, and anytime anyone from the right mentions it or complains about it, all they receive are eyerolls or “if you don’t like it, don’t watch it”.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, can you explain to me the deathsquad cat.... it cringes me out everytime i see it.. is it intended to offend everyone???
I don’t know anything about it specifically. I do know, though, that Deathsquad is Redban’s thing, and he has an obsession with Asian (mainly Japanese, I think) culture.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know anything about it specifically. I do know, though, that Deathsquad is Redban’s thing, and he has an obsession with Asian (mainly Japanese, I think) culture.

thats fine for the buddha cat, but why does it have a hitler mustache, and why is it hailing hitler??

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats fine for the buddha cat, but why does it have a hitler mustache, and why is it hailing hitler??
Why isn’t it a Charlie Chaplin mustache? And those Japanese cats always have a waving arm.

I am just arguing to argue, TBF. I never really looked at the cat and don’t have an opinion about it. However, if you are arguing that Redban is some kind of Nazi, he is pretty vocal about his rather heavy left-leanings.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why isn’t it a Charlie Chaplin mustache? And those Japanese cats always have a waving arm.

yes charlie Chaplin owned that moustache as well... but i hope your comment is not serious...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am just arguing to argue, TBF. I never really looked at the cat and don’t have an opinion about it. However, if you are arguing that Redban is some kind of Nazi, he is pretty vocal about his rather heavy left-leanings.

oh... i am not calling anyone anything... thats why i am asking about the cat... i know comedy often tries to have the shock value... i am wondering if there is a reason to this cat and if it is intended to be offensive...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh... i am not calling anyone anything... thats why i am asking about the cat... i know comedy often tries to have the shock value... i am wondering if there is a reason to this cat and if it is intended to be offensive...
:noidea:

Redban has a weird fascination with a sub-culture of Japanese culture. I don’t pretend to know anything about the genre, so I don’t apply any opinions about it, outside of “that’s certainly not MY thing”.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It IS pretty heavy-handed. And I am right-leaning.

But, tbh, I don’t have a lot of patience for hearing people from the left complaining about any right-leaning bias in media, particularly comedy, due to the absolute ocean of HEAVY left-leaning bias that is EVERYWHERE else, and anytime anyone from the right mentions it or complains about it, all they receive are eyerolls or “if you don’t like it, don’t watch it”.

absolutely... this is a youtube show, that you kind of have to go out of your way to find... regular media on tv/radio which is easier to find is definitely more left... so i can agree with your sentiment...

with that said, me who definitely leans left, who lives in NY, i find that a lot more places than i can remember, like restaurants, have been on FOX NEWS.... which i always get a bit of a chuckle about...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the first MSG show now.

Dice did 11 fucking minutes. Dude, this isn’t your show. Get off the fucking stage.

Tony was a real ass to that guy who came after Norton. Jeez, dude. You didn’t even give the poor guy a chance to talk.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the first MSG show now.

Dice did 11 fucking minutes. Dude, this isn’t your show. Get off the fucking stage.

Tony was a real ass to that guy who came after Norton. Jeez, dude. You didn’t even give the poor guy a chance to talk.
That's cool that they put it on Youtube. Was that live?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was live about a month ago.
Oh ok. Always a bonus to get another episode in between Mondays. But for real though, the Legends bucket had to be rigged, right?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ok. Always a bonus to get another episode in between Mondays. But for real though, the Legends bucket had to be rigged, right?
Think about it.

He pulled them “randomly”, yet each performer was ready at the base of the stairs to be called up. The “Legends Bucket” was complete BS.

And do you really think Dice and Ray were waiting in the back, in costume, just for a CHANCE that they would perform?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about it.

He pulled them “randomly”, yet each performer was ready at the base of the stairs to be called up. The “Legends Bucket” was complete BS.

And do you really think Dice and Ray were waiting in the back, in costume, just for a CHANCE that they would perform?
lol, yeah that would be pretty far fetched. It would be funny though to find out that Doug Benson, Dom Irrera and Al Madrigal were sitting back there waiting to get called.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Jay is giving HEAVY Punky vibes in this one…