• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kill Tony

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Said this earlier in this thread that KT crowd seems like the low of the low.

I wonder if there is a way to fix this. Because a stupid crowd is not good for comedy. And cheap laughs hurt the comedians. Especially when they don’t laugh when they should.
The LA crowds were the worst, and they were the exact opposite of the standard Austin crowd (they booed EVERYTHING and completely derailed the show).

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rogan talks about a person (profession, not an individual person) that existed in many NA cultures (I think it was NA, at least) called the “Sacred Clown”. This was basically a jester. This person was able to say ANYTHING. The idea was that if a topic was beyond humor, that it was based in BS.

Modern stand up SHOULD have this thought process applied. This is why Rogan doesn’t allow phones into his club. It allows comics to say what they want without it leaking out, out of context. And apparently, some of the sets that occur on those stages are BRUTAL.

The one kinda mexican dude former mikitary was overtly racist (like 5 or 6 episodes back)

Hard to think it gets worse lol

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rogan talks about a person (profession, not an individual person) that existed in many NA cultures (I think it was NA, at least) called the “Sacred Clown”. This was basically a jester. This person was able to say ANYTHING. The idea was that if a topic was beyond humor, that it was based in BS.

Modern stand up SHOULD have this thought process applied. This is why Rogan doesn’t allow phones into his club. It allows comics to say what they want without it leaking out, out of context. And apparently, some of the sets that occur on those stages are BRUTAL.

I mostly agree with comedy and racism. Mostly.
Except:

1. Racist jokes should be used as a crutch or for cheap laughs. If your act relies on racist jokes, they better be funny.

2. Racist remarks should never be made at an audience member, whether you are being heckled, or it’s part of your bit to do crowd work.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except:

1. Racist jokes should be used as a crutch or for cheap laughs. If your act relies on racist jokes, they better be funny.

2. Racist remarks should never be made at an audience member, whether you are being heckled, or it’s part of your bit to do crowd work.
Yeah back in the early episodes where they used to be more about giving advice to comics the advice they gave about that was the more racist or controversial the topic, the funnier the joke had to be to get the audience on board.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one kinda mexican dude former mikitary was overtly racist (like 5 or 6 episodes back)

Lol. I think I remember that guy. Possibly the worst attempt at comedy ever on the show

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He wasn’t a comic, though. He was the BF of a bucket pull, iirc. And an “inside” pull at that. He was doing the “shock” thing. And he had a GREAT interview.

Then there was the white chick who came up at “the place that will not be named” who flat out said “N” during her set. She immediately knew she effed up (you can’t do that and have video of it), but her interview was pretty bad as well.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except:

Directing anything directly at an individual in the audience is wrong in almost any circumstance.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah back in the early episodes where they used to be more about giving advice to comics the advice they gave about that was the more racist or controversial the topic, the funnier the joke had to be to get the audience on board.
And that even experienced comics who go there need to earn the trust from the audience WITHIN THAT SET to be able to go there.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Directing anything directly at an individual in the audience is wrong in almost any circumstance.

Nah. Some comedians do crowd work well. You can make fun of your audience. But we all know the line of making fun and being mean. Crowd work should never be mean.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That really is great advise. Kind of common sense. But sometimes common sense is needed as advise.

It’s like what many have said about Roseanne. If her “joke” was funny she would not have been cancelled. Tweeting rules are worse though because you force your joke on everyone.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I know the problem with Ari...

he has genius ideas for a joke... build them up great... but his punch lines are something a child can write... I feel like I am always have a punchline in my head that I think is so much better than his...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are all psychic, apparently. Jack Walsh, the “N” chic…

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are all psychic, apparently. Jack Walsh, the “N” chic…
I can't believe she said she only makes $12-24 an hour as an electrician. That was shocking to me. I think Bucees pays way more than that.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe she said she only makes $12-24 an hour as an electrician. That was shocking to me. I think Bucees pays way more than that.
She doesn’t really strike me as super-hire-able.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Chad Daniels who was one of the guests a couple weeks ago, was legit pissed off at WMs set and wanted to fight him there on stage. He appeared on a pod this week and acted the beta cuck saying how offended he was by WMs “jokes”.

Why would a comic trying to make a name for himself go on a HUGE podcast without doing a little homework to understand how the show works?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Chad Daniels who was one of the guests a couple weeks ago, was legit pissed off at WMs set and wanted to fight him there on stage. He appeared on a pod this week and acted the beta cuck saying how offended he was by WMs “jokes”.

Why would a comic trying to make a name for himself go on a HUGE podcast without doing a little homework to understand how the show works?

I dunno. I looked and didn't see anything. Agreed he should've watched a few shows to get the gist. I thought Chad did fine enough navigating that situation. Some comics love that set up and others don't. I recall seeing Kreischer on there recently and he barely spoke, I'm sure it's because of fear of being cancelled etc.

Burr and Jeselnik obviously hate it. Burr at least fired back as to where Daniel's (not remotely as big as Burr obviously) kind of waded through it.

Net net I think it ends up a good thing for him overall.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only about an hour in atm, but holy shit. Whitney is great tonight. She usually bombs hard on this show, but she has been on point with everything so far.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one of the best episodes in a long time.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked that one too. It was kind of a throwback episode. No golden ticket magic but lots of good jokes and even some comedy advice. It was a welcome change from a lot of the recent ones with the overhyped guests trying to do hacky roast jokes after someone doing comedy as a bucket list item bombs.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it had its moments... but there was a lot of political cringe this week IMO... odd that i felt more cringe this week with Whitney cummings than i felt last week with an actual political figure...