• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ken Norton needs to be fired

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but when some fans call for the immediate firing of the DC of a 5-0 team, I tend to stop listening to them. Hell, everyone hated Bevel although the Seahawks went to two straight super bowls. Fire <insert name>, fire <insert name>, fire the front office...... blah blah blah blah..........

Disclaimer: I have my doubts about Norton myself BUT..... we have other issues right now that surpass him.

Immediate firing? I've been saying to fire Ken Norton for over 2 years.....

He's just not that good of a coordinator. Kind of like how Cable sucked ass at the OL? I liked Norton as a LBer coach... DCORD, yah no.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you all are sick and tired of how the defense has played overall but sit down take a deep breath and think about something that has turned this into a 5-0 start. This defense plays big in the biggest of moments. Sure we have been giving up HUGE amounts of yards but when the game is on the line they ALWAYS find away. There is belief out there by these guys that they CAN make that stop that they CAN win the game. Sometimes belief is all you need to elevate to the next level. Norton doesn't have the best talent out there and the DL/DE talent is the worst we have seen in what seems like forever on a Seahawks defense, yet they continue to make the stops that define these games. As good as the offense has been the Defense making stops when they need to is the main reason this team is 5-0.

Like it or not the Hawks are NOT 5-0 despite their Defense they are 5-0 because of it. In big moments .. in defining moments this defense has been up to the task. Now they need to believe they can do it for a full 60 minutes and take it to another level. Don't discount the goal line stops and the turnovers to luck and belittling the desire and passion it takes to say enough is enough and make a GAME CHANGING stop.

In the biggest game defining moments this season so far the Hawks DEFENSE has stood up and made BIG plays. We know that Wilson and the Offense can lite it up but it was the offense that put the Hawks into a bad position and it was the Turnovers and the stops by the defense that you all need to give credit for, not ignoring it. The Hawks had 0 points in the first half and the defense set them up to score 21 in 1 minute and 53 seconds with short fields, turnovers and stops.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you all are sick and tired of how the defense has played overall but sit down take a deep breath and think about something that has turned this into a 5-0 start. This defense plays big in the biggest of moments. Sure we have been giving up HUGE amounts of yards but when the game is on the line they ALWAYS find away. There is belief out there by these guys that they CAN make that stop that they CAN win the game. Sometimes belief is all you need to elevate to the next level. Norton doesn't have the best talent out there and the DL/DE talent is the worst we have seen in what seems like forever on a Seahawks defense, yet they continue to make the stops that define these games. As good as the offense has been the Defense making stops when they need to is the main reason this team is 5-0.

Like it or not the Hawks are NOT 5-0 despite their Defense they are 5-0 because of it. In big moments .. in defining moments this defense has been up to the task. Now they need to believe they can do it for a full 60 minutes and take it to another level. Don't discount the goal line stops and the turnovers to luck and belittling the desire and passion it takes to say enough is enough and make a GAME CHANGING stop.

In the biggest game defining moments this season so far the Hawks DEFENSE has stood up and made BIG plays. We know that Wilson and the Offense can lite it up but it was the offense that put the Hawks into a bad position and it was the Turnovers and the stops by the defense that you all need to give credit for, not ignoring it. The Hawks had 0 points in the first half and the defense set them up to score 21 in 1 minute and 53 seconds with short fields, turnovers and stops.

Someone murder screamin.... just do it. Wizard you seem primed for the job....

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone murder screamin.... just do it. Wizard you seem primed for the job....

why shark? can't handle rational thinking?

this defense makes me sick, it triggered one of the worst Migraines i have had in YEARS and i wanted to throw my remote out the window after throwing it through the middle of my TV Screen. I was Mad at the Offense and Mad at the defense but then i calmed down i went to bed early because of the migraine and when i woke up i was like wait a minute. This defense has been the one thing that has helped them preserve and or hold onto victory even though they have let a ton of yards and points be scored. They keep making the play that NEEDS to be made to secure or give the team the chance to secure a victory.

Everyone is VERY quick to point fingers but lets also point fingers at the stops the BIG TIME stops the BIG TIME turn overs and the ability to elevate at the right moment to help the offense get back on track. Sure the stats look bad but the results are very sweet at 5-0 with big stops and game changing plays. The Defense changed the outcome of this game last night and it wasn't the first time this season and NO ONE can deny that.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why shark? can't handle rational thinking?

Ohhhhhhhh...............

I see how it's gonna be...

tenor.gif

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you should open your own winery and call it "The Great White", but the kicker is it's Red "whine."

come on shark have fun with it. Or do sharks not have a sense of humor? I mean you are a damn shark riding a bike you have to have a small sense of humor at the very least.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you should open your own winery and call it "The Great White", but the kicker is it's Red "whine."

come on shark have fun with it. Or do sharks not have a sense of humor? I mean you are a damn shark riding a bike you have to have a small sense of humor at the very least.

The winery is called "Shark with a kick." ya know.... like the kickstand on the bike? Whatever...

I don't appreciate your underestimation of my power and influence, screamin...........

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My breakdown of the defenses thus far:

The Bad:

No matter what metric you use, 5 consecutive 400 yard allowed performances is atrocious. I know yards aren't points, but GOD that's horrible. 8 of the last 9 regular season games have been like this and the average yards allowed per game is near 450. It would appear that eventually the long drives will cost the Seahawks in a significant situation.

Now, as for points allowed, they've been pretty bad at that too. 27.0 points per game is on pace to be the worst scoring defense in team history. No team that has allowed more than 25 ppg has won the Super bowl (2011 New York Giants 25.0, and that was more than 3 ppg more than the next highest team).

This defense has been injury depleted as well as lacking pre-season ramp up. Players who weren't even supposed to make it off the practice squad aren't just playing - but starting in some cases due to injuries. Safety was supposed to be the deepest position on the defense and by week 5, every safety on the opening day roster has missed significant amounts of playing time for at least 1 game (though Diggs was for other reasons than injury). We're also missing half the defensive line, which was the thinnest part of the defense.

Missed tackles have plagued this team in the last couple seasons. Too many times a short game becomes a moderate to big gain when a tackle was missed.

The Good:

Despite all the yards, Seattle has held up when it matters. Multiple 4th and goal stands to be significant contributing factors in securing wins already this season. They've also created the 2nd most turnovers in the league, getting at least 2 in each game except New England.

This defense is extremely young and plays like a young defense. They'll make amazing plays and follow it up with a blown assignment. But, they do appear to be improving. There were times in the game last night where the line (much maligned) was getting pressure with just 4. Collier has looked better each week. Robinson has flashed a lot. Reed is playing like it's 2 years ago and Wright has had back amazing games. They should get healthier after the bye and get Adams back as well. There is still plenty of time for the defense to improve and start stopping teams before they are within field goal range or closer. Norton's defenses have allowed and average of about 335 yards per game in the playoffs.

Tackling has been better than last year (not a high bar to get over, but a bar nonetheless) and with the young players getting more experience, this should continue to improve.

Well, that's my surface level thoughts, and just what I've thought of the last 10 minutes or so. I'm sure I could go deeper if I wanted.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Quinn was fired today.... I wonder if the Hawks would sign him as a Defensive Consultant...

PC/JS could bring him back some how in hopes of back filling his role when he does decide to retire...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Quinn was fired today.... I wonder if the Hawks would sign him as a Defensive Consultant...

PC/JS could bring him back some how in hopes of back filling his role when he does decide to retire...
The consultant thing is the first idea I had as well. I don't think you replace a DC mid-season when you haven't lost a game, but we may need to inject some outside ideas to that side of the ball. So much room for improvement that just about anything is worth a look.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My breakdown of the defenses thus far:

The Bad:

No matter what metric you use, 5 consecutive 400 yard allowed performances is atrocious. I know yards aren't points, but GOD that's horrible. 8 of the last 9 regular season games have been like this and the average yards allowed per game is near 450. It would appear that eventually the long drives will cost the Seahawks in a significant situation.

Now, as for points allowed, they've been pretty bad at that too. 27.0 points per game is on pace to be the worst scoring defense in team history. No team that has allowed more than 25 ppg has won the Super bowl (2011 New York Giants 25.0, and that was more than 3 ppg more than the next highest team).

This defense has been injury depleted as well as lacking pre-season ramp up. Players who weren't even supposed to make it off the practice squad aren't just playing - but starting in some cases due to injuries. Safety was supposed to be the deepest position on the defense and by week 5, every safety on the opening day roster has missed significant amounts of playing time for at least 1 game (though Diggs was for other reasons than injury). We're also missing half the defensive line, which was the thinnest part of the defense.

Missed tackles have plagued this team in the last couple seasons. Too many times a short game becomes a moderate to big gain when a tackle was missed.

The Good:

Despite all the yards, Seattle has held up when it matters. Multiple 4th and goal stands to be significant contributing factors in securing wins already this season. They've also created the 2nd most turnovers in the league, getting at least 2 in each game except New England.

This defense is extremely young and plays like a young defense. They'll make amazing plays and follow it up with a blown assignment. But, they do appear to be improving. There were times in the game last night where the line (much maligned) was getting pressure with just 4. Collier has looked better each week. Robinson has flashed a lot. Reed is playing like it's 2 years ago and Wright has had back amazing games. They should get healthier after the bye and get Adams back as well. There is still plenty of time for the defense to improve and start stopping teams before they are within field goal range or closer. Norton's defenses have allowed and average of about 335 yards per game in the playoffs.

Tackling has been better than last year (not a high bar to get over, but a bar nonetheless) and with the young players getting more experience, this should continue to improve.

Well, that's my surface level thoughts, and just what I've thought of the last 10 minutes or so. I'm sure I could go deeper if I wanted.
Great points... Problem with these long drives on a consistent basis is it opens up the risk for our players on defense to get injured... The more plays they're on the field, the more risk they have for injuries... Also, the wear and tear on their bodies as the season unfolds will begin to wear them out...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but when some fans call for the immediate firing of the DC of a 5-0 team, I tend to stop listening to them. Hell, everyone hated Bevel although the Seahawks went to two straight super bowls. Fire <insert name>, fire <insert name>, fire the front office...... blah blah blah blah..........

Disclaimer: I have my doubts about Norton myself BUT..... we have other issues right now that surpass him.

I gotta disagree, our defense is getting utterly torched every week, this is no fluke, something is wrong, we’re setting records for passing yards given up week in and week out... Our problem IS the defense, it’s what Seattle needs to iron out if we want to make this a potential Super Bowl run.... We 100 percent will not make it far with this defense, we won’t, we’ll be lucky to win 1 playoff game unless changes are made .... I’m gonna say it right now, bring Quinn back, just do it, he knows our system, he’s a smart coach, had our defense playing disciplined football... Don’t even think twice, Pete should be on the horn with him right now.... Just do it !!!!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know our D isn't good, but there aren't that many that are right now. Just the way the league is, present tense. Are there any good defenses at all in the NFC -- talking more about teams that are on a playoff course? Maybe Tampa? I definitely think we could win a playoff game with the current team (with Jamal Adams back plus Snacks) just because of how great our O is (outside of last night's 1st half) coupled with the general state of the NFC/league.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta disagree, our defense is getting utterly torched every week, this is no fluke, something is wrong, we’re setting records for passing yards given up week in and week out... Our problem IS the defense, it’s what Seattle needs to iron out if we want to make this a potential Super Bowl run.... We 100 percent will not make it far with this defense, we won’t, we’ll be lucky to win 1 playoff game unless changes are made .... I’m gonna say it right now, bring Quinn back, just do it, he knows our system, he’s a smart coach, had our defense playing disciplined football... Don’t even think twice, Pete should be on the horn with him right now.... Just do it !!!!

I think if you look at team stats, every team's defense is suffering somewhat. No preseason, the good QB's held unofficial workouts with their receivers, fuck it, 2020 just plain sucks. Anyhow, I see little value gained by firing your DC when your team is undefeated. Then again, this is the same forum that had people call for Bevel's head after we lost the SB. Now, if Norton gets canned in the off season, I could care less. Football is a cold business.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know our D isn't good, but there aren't that many that are right now. Just the way the league is, present tense. Are there any good defenses at all in the NFC -- talking more about teams that are on a playoff course? Maybe Tampa? I definitely think we could win a playoff game with the current team (with Jamal Adams back plus Snacks) just because of how great our O is (outside of last night's 1st half) coupled with the general state of the NFC/league.

After the bye, in addition to Snax, we will also get R. Green and J. Brooks back...