• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ken Norton needs to be fired

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense is one of the worst Seattle defenses we've seen... Offense can't keep covering up for this horrid defense... It will eventually catch up to us - like it did tonight... Huge loss for the Hawks in our division...

We need changes now, maybe this loss will start pushing towards that... Also, what a blunder by the coaching staff overall, that last possession we needed to run the rock and eat that clock up, even a tie benefits us massively in the division... Pete knows how bad this defense is, but yet we use no time running the ball... Russ also looked SO tired... No excuse for that loss, shoulda been a draw at worst ...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey it sucks we lost but the offense also is to blame and that finger is pointed at Wilson for his 3 INT's and 2 of them were just stupid throws that rookies make. Lots to point fingers at and just because they had a ton of yards doesn't get the offense off the hook or Wilson who single handedly took points off the board with his INT's.

anyone paying attention would have seen this coming, the Hawks were overdue for a close lose with all the close wins. Lets see where it takes them.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes as bad as the defense was without Jamal Adams this game I would have to pin it on Russ. You cannot throw 3 INTs 1 of which was in the red zone bringing the ball back to our own red zone and another in overtime where a field goal can win you the game. The Hawks had 10+ days to prepare for this game.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright... I've had some sleep... I'm much more calm and lucid now... and what I've come up with....

IS FIRE KEN FUCKIN' NORTON!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey it sucks we lost but the offense also is to blame and that finger is pointed at Wilson for his 3 INT's and 2 of them were just stupid throws that rookies make. Lots to point fingers at and just because they had a ton of yards doesn't get the offense off the hook or Wilson who single handedly took points off the board with his INT's.

anyone paying attention would have seen this coming, the Hawks were overdue for a close lose with all the close wins. Lets see where it takes them.

Russ made some very uncharacteristic throws for sure ... But one thing that stands out is the adjustments the Cards defense made, they brought the heat on Russ in the second half, very nicely designed blitzes... our defense on the other hand does nothing, no adjustments, no blitzed despite not 1 sack and not 1 QB pressure the entire night... This shit show needs to end soon, we need a change and we need it now ...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
48 drop backs for Kyle Murray and we didn't have one QB hit... I don't even know if he was pressured much... Not going to win many games playing like that...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, some blame goes to RW but when your offense puts up 34pts on the road, you should win most of those games...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know where the D is headed, but it's too bad we really didn't get to see it with Jamal Adams, Marquise Blair, and Bruce Irvin all out there for any real length of time. I don't know it would be substantially better, but I think we are probably 6-0 right now if we just had Adams on the field last night. KJ Wright is having possibly his best season. I don't know what to make of Bobby's play...seems to be missing at times but then also makes meaningful plays here and there pretty much every game. The secondary is getting torched, but it's also not fully intact and not getting much help from the front 4. Is replacing Norton fixing much of that? I have my doubts. I still think it couldn't hurt to bring Dan Quinn back in immediately as a defensive consultant though.

I also don't know how much better we would be right now with Clowney. No denying his talent, but he really doesn't get tons of QB pressure. I suppose we could make a play for Carlos Dunlap, but we could make that trade today and he probably still wouldn't be on the field vs SF due to the COVID delays...but the sooner we add someone, the sooner they'll be out there.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, some blame goes to RW but when your offense puts up 34pts on the road, you should win most of those games...

Wilson is probably forcing some throws because he knows he has to put up nearly 50+ points a game to secure any chance at victory...

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand by a disclaimer I posted a couple weeks ago...
I will not lose any sleep if Norton gets canned during the off-season. However, there is ZERO value in canning him right now. It is conceding that the season is already over.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand by a disclaimer I posted a couple weeks ago...
I will not lose any sleep if Norton gets canned during the off-season. However, there is ZERO value in canning him right now. It is conceding that the season is already over.

At this point fire Norton and go get Dan Quinn... or a homeless guy. I'm sure either will do a better job. Hell I'd rather have you out there Tech. Least then I could understand why our defense sucks and maybe get a free box ticket out of it...

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point fire Norton and go get Dan Quinn... or a homeless guy. I'm sure either will do a better job. Hell I'd rather have you out there Tech. Least then I could understand why our defense sucks and maybe get a free box ticket out of it...

Well, thank you for the recommendation. My strategy is quite simple:

HULK SMASH!!!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can see this team going 2-2 in the next four games. Then they get the Eagles, Giants, jets and Washington.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,096.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I concur.

-A Raiders fan

mikeotis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always compete should apply to coaches too.

I’m 100% in on looking for a DC replacement. Always try to improve.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only good thing is "IF" the Hawks do go after a DC they have to play Petes defense so that makes it easier on the players. They don't change anything really other than the tendencies that the coaches have. It's not like the Hawks are not blitzing and stuff they just don't have the talent to get pressure. They just don't have that guy, End of story.

Another DC might get them playing better but i think we would see almost the same production upfront as far as pressure. So maybe we need to think about the Secondaries Coach also. Ever since Richard was promoted to DC then fired the secondary has fallen apart. Yes losing Kam, Earl and Sherman didn't help one bit but these guys they got now are not this much worse than those other guys. Yes not HoF players but my goodness they don't even look like competent football players right now.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what was it about LJ Collier that the seahawks drafted him in the 1st round? He looks so irrelevant and a non factor. The only slack I would give Norton is that outside of Wagner and Adams everyone else on this defense is either developing or just an ok player. We need more veterans on this team I look forward to Harrison and Kendricks to start playing.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard to say the problem is the offense when they scored 34 points.

The Cardinals had 50 dropbacks. Zero sacks. A handful of pressures. That's simply unacceptable.