• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keith Price ?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As UW fans that many of us are i have a question about Mr. Price

How was he not drafted or why was he not drafted? This was a talented kid that had some great seasons. Why would a team not take a flier on this guy in the 6th or 7th round. He was productive in College and had some great seasons at over 66% completion rate. What did i miss that lead to him not being drafted? was it his size? lack of Arm strength? Because it couldn't have been from lack of production or lack of talent.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How was he not drafted or why was he not drafted? This was a talented kid that had some great seasons. Why would a team not take a flier on this guy in the 6th or 7th round. He was productive in College and had some great seasons at over 66% completion rate. What did i miss that lead to him not being drafted? was it his size? lack of Arm strength? Because it couldn't have been from lack of production or lack of talent.

I remember that his 2012 season took a hit. His TD's were significantly lower than 2011 while he had higher (2) interceptions. What I remember was that he had zero confidence that year and injuries were maybe the root cause. He rebounded his last year but he was nowhere near his 2011 stats.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i get that but it's not like the Huskies were loaded with weapons at WR. ASJ was about it and he in my eyes got to heavy and slowed down to much the last two years. Still Price Had almost 9,000 yards passing in basically 3 seasons with 75 passing TD and 30 INT's. So a 3,000/25/10 average per season guy.

I just can't see why no one would have taken him. I guess it's because we got to see him play all the time and so we might have seen something that other people did not. a Smart mobile QB with room to grow, I see him having no problem beating out BJ Daniels. I also believe we won't be able to put him on our PS as someone will snatch him up. Heck depending on what Pryor does he might beat him out. Doubt that though as Pryor is pretty talented and did not play poorly in Oakland and should do well here.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The teams he led did not win enough.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He wasn't even invited to the combine which really ticked him off. His size is a problem at 6'1" and 200 lbs. He didn't have a season without injury. Add that he was prone to having off games on the biggest stage and there are plenty of reasons the pros aren't excited over him.

He won't last with the Seahawks past the first game or so of the preseason and if he ends up anywhere else it would be as a project QB not likely to rise above 3rd string.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His numbers look good, but he was frustrating to watch as a Husky sometimes. You can't just assess a player on numbers alone otherwise it would look like half of college have future pro bowlers.

In my opinion Keith Price doesn't have an exceptional attribute really besides his personality and demeanor. His size is below avg, his arm strength is avg, he has decent speed, but his pocket awareness is mediocre.

I hope he succeeds, but I don't see him being any more than a clip board holder at best in the league.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say injuries and arm strength are the issues.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His numbers look good, but he was frustrating to watch as a Husky sometimes. You can't just assess a player on numbers alone otherwise it would look like half of college have future pro bowlers.

In my opinion Keith Price doesn't have an exceptional attribute really besides his personality and demeanor. His size is below avg, his arm strength is avg, he has decent speed, but his pocket awareness is mediocre.

I hope he succeeds, but I don't see him being any more than a clip board holder at best in the league.

I am not going off numbers alone and i watched almost every game of his career. I always thought the Huskies should go with someone else but he just kept proving he wasn't a slouch every time i thought this. I believe had he had more talent around him he would have even been better. Do any of you remember that bowl game he had against RGIII? of course you do, He looked like the stud not RGIII. For those that missed it he was 23-37 438 yards and 4 TD. Had the huskies Defense showed up they blow out RGIII. The Huskies Defense was more of a problem in their loses than Price was over his time at UW. I hope he sticks some place in the NFL. I believe he will make a solid Back-up one day.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I met him once and I understood what many had said previously. That he was way skinner than he looked on tv and thus he's got granny knees. The guy just doesn't have a frame that could handle NFL hits. His knees are a constant concern and if he wears even lite braces, his mobility gets way compromised.

And while there was plenty of doubters over Wilson's attributes. He's shorter than prototype NFL QBs, but he's still got some thickness to his frame, top notch mobility,
and an absolute cannon for an arm.

But that being said, he put up some incredible passing yds totals at UW and I think he sometimes took to much of the blame for the 2012 season and the overall holes with the team. He bailed us out plenty of times with Holts soft zone D giving up too many points. He knows how to play in a pro style offense and he adapted to the hurry up O of 2013 in impressive fashion.

Keith's always brought a positive vibe and showed great leadership. There is way more positive than negative to his legacy at UW.

But I think the reason he didn't get taken in the draft is the durability concerns.
His legs and frame are too fragile.

Last edited by a moderator:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But all things considered. I'd love for him to prove the doubters wrong and make the team. We'll see. It's going to be tough to compete against Pryors and Jackson's physical frame and mobility.

Last edited by a moderator:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was mistake prone... So many times he could look really good and then make the dumbest decisions in big moments... I think the tape on that kept teams from wanting him...

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arm strength, size, Durability, consistancy..... He falls into the JAG category. "Just a Guy". Im happy the kid has a chance, as we all know the hawks are the team that if you WIN a job, they'll give it to you no matter what round you were picked.

But I wouldn't hold my breath.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The teams he led did not win enough.

That wasn't entirely his fault though, and I hope that it wasn't among the top 10 reasons why 32 teams passed on him for an entire draft. He never had the benefit of a particularly good defense, which, along with having a shaky offensive line (especially in his "down year" of 2012), was at least partly responsible for his tendency to try to force things. The team's offensive line issues can also help to explain his durability issues.

Besides, I don't think NFL teams have, when evaluating whether a college quarterback would be a good pro quarterback or not, historically cared all that much about the team record so much as the quarterback's contributions in trying to improve that record as much as possible. I don't think it can be held against Price that the Huskies didn't win more when he was there. There were too many things that were out of his control. Clearly if scouts thought he'd be a good NFL quarterback in spite of UW's record while he was there, they'd have recommended that their team draft him, but I guess there were enough "cons" in his list of pros and cons to keep that from happening.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not geared to troll, I truly don't know. I have only seen Price play maybe 3-5 times over the past couple seasons and each time was against a team that was superior talent-wise (USC, Stanford, Oregon) but I liked what I saw from the kid. What are his strengths and weaknesses? It seemed like he was in the same boat as Locker was, where he was more or less forced to make plays because his teammates weren't collectively as good as the opposition.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say Keith Price did make some bonehead plays at times, but Coach Sark never put a complete team around him. What I saw was an awful defense that gave up plenty of leads or got flat out blown out at times. I would like to see him on the seahawks roster but if not, hopefully some other team snags him.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not geared to troll, I truly don't know. I have only seen Price play maybe 3-5 times over the past couple seasons and each time was against a team that was superior talent-wise (USC, Stanford, Oregon) but I liked what I saw from the kid. What are his strengths and weaknesses? It seemed like he was in the same boat as Locker was, where he was more or less forced to make plays because his teammates weren't collectively as good as the opposition.

Again, it isn't because of major problems in his game. He has a ton of heart and you just won't find a nicer kid. He has no problem putting the blame on himself and carrying a team. He's got a hell of an arm and can make most throws with ease.

He did struggle in big games, but the thing he can't overcome is his size. At 6'1" and 200lbs he'd have to be some crazy talent like Wilson or Brees to have any shot and even then the deck would be stacked against him.

He has been injury prone his entire college career and they hit a lot harder and the season is a lot longer in the pros.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, it isn't because of major problems in his game. He has a ton of heart and you just won't find a nicer kid. He has no problem putting the blame on himself and carrying a team. He's got a hell of an arm and can make most throws with ease.

He did struggle in big games, but the thing he can't overcome is his size. At 6'1" and 200lbs he'd have to be some crazy talent like Wilson or Brees to have any shot and even then the deck would be stacked against him.

He has been injury prone his entire college career and they hit a lot harder and the season is a lot longer in the pros.

2012 Apple Cup in Pullman, still one of the best games ive ever seen. That INT he through to the big man was classic. Damn Bruns for his hustle cause the big man td would of been a great way to end it.