• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been thinking the Magic would be a team that would get Lonzo and I've been trying to work up fake trades to post here the last couple of days but I can't make them work on the NBA Trade Machine. It's still using the salary data from last year so its hard to make the numbers work. It's do-able with the new numbers, I just can't figure it all out without seeing it in front of me. Best I can figure is Lonzo + Deng are shipped off to Orlando whereas the Magic give up a 1st round pick and Vucevic, which end up in SA. There's other stuff in the deal, some of which includes LA taking on longer term salary like Patty Mills but the basic framework is using Lonzo to get assets from another team to send to SA.

Either way, I've been thinking multiteam trade is the best way an Kawhi to LA deal gets done and the Magic are really the only team out there with needs and cap space to help facilitate it. Of course, you could rope in more teams for 4 or 5 team deals but that's too many moving parts for me to think up, especially without having all the current cap numbers in front of me for every team.
very good well thought out post. I agree. If a third team gets involved a Kawhi-to-the-Lakers deal because much much more doable.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can a guy get a name change already? I don't wanna be associated with this man any longer!

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love has playoff and championship experience. He exactly the type of floor spacer that would greatly benefit Ayton. His passing acumen is exactly the type of thing that can help a lot of young kids put some flow to an offense.

What yo uare suggesting- adding another 20 year old- to a team of 20 year olds- and having that 20 year who cant shoot and cant finish at the rim be the "floor general" is just so stupid I cannot even believe you are suggesting it.

if they can pawn off Warren's abysmal contract for a year of Love just to clear cap space that would be a win for them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....unreal

one place we see that Kawhi doesnt want to be around LeBrons circus--- another place we see that they desperately want to play with eachother.

teams are leaking all kinds of stuff that benefits their agenda and is not necsarily true. It will be interesting to see what actually becomes true and what doesnt.

I have said it here before and il lrepeat it

i expect George and LeBron to be on the Lakers- but it would surprise me greatly if Leonard is there- unless a third team can be brought in to facilitate extra assets and take Deng's contract.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love has playoff and championship experience. He exactly the type of floor spacer that would greatly benefit Ayton. His passing acumen is exactly the type of thing that can help a lot of young kids put some flow to an offense.

What yo uare suggesting- adding another 20 year old- to a team of 20 year olds- and having that 20 year who cant shoot and cant finish at the rim be the "floor general" is just so stupid I cannot even believe you are suggesting it.

Here we go again.

Yet dealing assets for an overpaid stretch 4 who can't defend would be a good idea? It sure would for Cleveland.

Like I said, if the price was minimal, say Criss and Chandler, then fine. But any type of quality asset hell no.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....unreal

one place we see that Kawhi doesnt want to be around LeBrons circus--- another place we see that they desperately want to play with eachother.

teams are leaking all kinds of stuff that benefits their agenda and is not necsarily true. It will be interesting to see what actually becomes true and what doesnt.

I have said it here before and il lrepeat it

i expect George and LeBron to be on the Lakers- but it would surprise me greatly if Leonard is there- unless a third team can be brought in to facilitate extra assets and take Deng's contract.
Literally the story of this whole saga has been conflicting reports from multiple sources. Nobody knows what to believe because the reports aren't consistent. Only thing we know is he wants out.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i disagree

i think if he goes to LA itll be long term. I dont think he would want to have his kids start high school out there and then be pulled out to have to go somewhere else.

just my opinion- you very well might be right. This is just the feeling i get.

What is long term for a 33 year old, 15 year veteran? For a man his size, the wear and tear has to come into play soon IMO. He may very well be retiring after another 3 years.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally the story of this whole saga has been conflicting reports from multiple sources. Nobody knows what to believe because the reports aren't consistent. Only thing we know is he wants out.
I totally agree.

We have not heard one word for anyone directly involved. There are so many rumors and so many leaks that are nothing but self-serving garbage.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm perfectly fine with whichever way this goes, preferably without shedding the Lakers young core and draft pick assets anymore than necessary. If Lebron and George come, that could mean just shedding draft picks and/or a player to dump Deng's contract, leaving that core (including Randle) intact.

If the Spurs want to ask for too much (or trade Kawhi elsewhere), go ahead. If he decides to opt out next summer and come to the Lakers, they can try to figure that out then. At least by then there will be better information as to his healthy obviously.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again.

Yet dealing assets for an overpaid stretch 4 who can't defend would be a good idea? It sure would for Cleveland.

Like I said, if the price was minimal, say Criss and Chandler, then fine. But any type of quality asset hell no.
you act like Love is just simply a "stretch 4" and not one of the (i) best big man shooters in the NBA, (ii) best rebounders in the NBA, and (iii) best big man passers in the NBA- and he has championship experience

you think it would be better to give up a 1st rounder, and eat Deng's terrible deal- in order to put a 20 year old point guard that cant shoot, and sucks in the pick and roll because he cant finish at the rim- together- with a bunch of other 20 year olds.

The whole idea of rebuilding is to get as many good young players as possible- and after collecting them- THEN trading some and adding some vets. No team wins DICK with a lineup of near-teenagers.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you act like Love is just simply a "stretch 4" and not one of the (i) best big man shooters in the NBA, (ii) best rebounders in the NBA, and (iii) best big man passers in the NBA- and he has championship experience

you think it would be better to give up a 1st rounder, and eat Deng's terrible deal- in order to put a 20 year old point guard that cant shoot, and sucks in the pick and roll because he cant finish at the rim- together- with a bunch of other 20 year olds.

The whole idea of rebuilding is to get as many good young players as possible- and after collecting them- THEN trading some and adding some vets. No team wins DICK with a lineup of near-teenagers.

To be fair, you've been saying scoring 4's that play no defense grow on trees for a while now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, you've been saying scoring 4's that play no defense grow on trees for a while now.
not ones that can shoot the 3 at 40+ % and be one of the best rebounders in the league, and are one of the best passing big men in the league--- with championship experience...

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Starting to believe the Celtics really aren't interested unless they can get Kawhi for far less than equal value. Other teams must have kept lowballing them if they are seriously talking with the Lakers.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to believe the Celtics really aren't interested unless they can get Kawhi for far less than equal value. Other teams must have kept lowballing them if they are seriously talking with the Lakers.
Doens't have to be other teams "lowballing"... other teams may just be rightfully concerned about gaining only a one year rental... they're not gonna bid high in the face of that concern...

... if L.A. is where Kawhi wants to be, the Lakers need be much less concerned on that front.