• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean what is being reported does on the face make sense. Kawhi is looking to make a real name for himself and get that "fuck you" endorsement money. If Lebron goes, he's second fiddle. That's the problem with anyone teaming up with Lebron. You're never going to get the real credit you deserve for playing with him.

It's like D-Wade went from a consensus top 5 player, to not being considered there after Lebron joined. It's not like he got any worse, he just sacrificed a bit for the good of the team. Same with people's view of Curry with Durant. Curry is not any worse than he was with his back to back MVP's. If anything he's better, but you don't see it because of a shadow.

Kawhi wants to go to LA, not only from a marketing standpoint, but to rebuild the team around himself. If anyone but Lebron or KD joins him, he's seen as the man. I can understand his hesitancy if there is any.

Any Lebron circus will be short-lived, as Lebron is unlikely to stay longer than 2-3 years.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,747.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting Love would be a terrible, short sighted move for the Suns. Exactly the opppsite of what they need unless they get him in an exchange of salary dumps.

This. The player they should be targeting is Ball.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors are the Celtics are NOT willing to include Brown or Tatum in any trade.

I'm okay w/ that. Although my 100% overly biased side sayz that Kyrie, Hayward, Greg Monroe & a pick or 2 should be enough to get Kawhi in Celtics Green. Sure this is incorrect, but it sounds damn good to me anyway.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. The player they should be targeting is Ball.

Hey, hey, hey. Stop trying to trade Lonzo & his dumbass dad to another team. Thank you.

Signed: the other 29 teams

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is Suns or Magic could be a 3rd team in Spurs Lakers deal.

Spurs don't want Lonzo, but Suns/Magic could provide a 1st round pick for him which would go to the Spurs.

I've been thinking the Magic would be a team that would get Lonzo and I've been trying to work up fake trades to post here the last couple of days but I can't make them work on the NBA Trade Machine. It's still using the salary data from last year so its hard to make the numbers work. It's do-able with the new numbers, I just can't figure it all out without seeing it in front of me. Best I can figure is Lonzo + Deng are shipped off to Orlando whereas the Magic give up a 1st round pick and Vucevic, which end up in SA. There's other stuff in the deal, some of which includes LA taking on longer term salary like Patty Mills but the basic framework is using Lonzo to get assets from another team to send to SA.

Either way, I've been thinking multiteam trade is the best way an Kawhi to LA deal gets done and the Magic are really the only team out there with needs and cap space to help facilitate it. Of course, you could rope in more teams for 4 or 5 team deals but that's too many moving parts for me to think up, especially without having all the current cap numbers in front of me for every team.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mwh it’s for one year. He has an option next year. If tge dont give up mich it doesn’t hurt. They need a veteran to win, plain and simple

They aren't ready to win.

They need veterans to teach youngsters what to do. I really don't think Kevin Love is that type of player at all. He is not a vocal leader.

What exactly would they have to give up? I would much rather add Ball and Deng than Kevin Love if I am rebuilding.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m going with the theory that every team we get a ‘report’ from are out of the running and are covering their bases to tell their fans they ‘tried their best’ to trade for him.....

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aka Lakers protecting their relationship with Ingram in case the deal doesn't go down

SlowThoughtfulGrosbeak-max-1mb.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Lebron circus will be short-lived, as Lebron is unlikely to stay longer than 2-3 years.
i disagree

i think if he goes to LA itll be long term. I dont think he would want to have his kids start high school out there and then be pulled out to have to go somewhere else.

just my opinion- you very well might be right. This is just the feeling i get.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't ready to win.

They need veterans to teach youngsters what to do. I really don't think Kevin Love is that type of player at all. He is not a vocal leader.

What exactly would they have to give up? I would much rather add Ball and Deng than Kevin Love if I am rebuilding.
Love has playoff and championship experience. He exactly the type of floor spacer that would greatly benefit Ayton. His passing acumen is exactly the type of thing that can help a lot of young kids put some flow to an offense.

What yo uare suggesting- adding another 20 year old- to a team of 20 year olds- and having that 20 year who cant shoot and cant finish at the rim be the "floor general" is just so stupid I cannot even believe you are suggesting it.