• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kap by the Numbers

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some fun facts:

Kap has a 21-8 Record
Kap has 4 Playoff wins and 2 of them on the road.
Kap has been to 1 superbowl
Kap has made it to back to back NFC championship games. 1st QB to start a career going to back to back NFC championship games.

QB in the first 29 starts in the last 9 years: Kap is #1 in QBR.

These include QB's: Rogers, Luck, Wilson, Romo, Cutler, RG3, M. Ryan, and Newton

Big Question: What will he get come contract time. In my opinion lock him up now. If we win a superbowl he will demand 20 + like flacco. Sign him up now u save a little and get a contract like Romo and Cutler. 16-18 million range.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some fun facts:

Kap has a 21-8 Record
Kap has made it to back to back NFC championship games. 1st QB to start a career going to back to back NFC championship games.

These include QB's: Rogers, Luck, Wilson, Romo, Cutler, RG3, M. Ryan, and Newton

Big Question: What will he get come contract time. In my opinion lock him up now. If we win a superbowl he will demand 20 + like flacco. Sign him up now u save a little and get a contract like Romo and Cutler. 16-18 million range.

Valentine's Day is coming up you may want to send kap flowers. We know you love him but does Kap know you love him?

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im thinking Kaep will get 5-6 years worth 90-100 million.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some fun facts:

Kap has a 21-8 Record

If you replace the word "Kap" everywhere you wrote it with " the 49ers", then your statements are accurate. Otherwise they are meaningless.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It doesn't matter if it's Kap, Manning or Jamarcus Russell: Never ever cite QBR.

QBR is 100% bull shit. It's not even a statistic. It's subjective opinion.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said these are just fun facts. More interested in what Kap might end up come contract time. If I was his agent these are some things I would throw at the 49ers.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said these are just fun facts. More interested in what Kap might end up come contract time. If I was his agent these are some things I would throw at the 49ers.

If you were an agent you'd be fired.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter if it's Kap, Manning or Jamarcus Russell: Never ever cite QBR.

QBR is 100% bull shit. It's not even a statistic. It's subjective opinion.

Yes, absolute bullshit. I wouldn't cite this number even if Alex Smith led the league... well, maybe that'd be a reason in itself not to cite it, but I digress.

It's too secretive, too inconsistent, and it's redundant at best. When it came out, one claimed "strength" of the "metric" was that "it correlated well with the eye test" and it "confirmed what we feel about the quarterbacks." It said that it would line up well with the traditional passer rating. Why do we need this? I love finding out stats about winning percentage likelihood at given points of a game, but the way it is inserted in the equation without easy look up is unappealing. It incorporates running and that's a good thing to be able to do but there's no distinction between designed runs, great scrambles, and bailing too early because you can't stay in the pocket. Traditional passer rating doesn't handle this either, but QBR was touted as showing how good a QB was and how much they were accountable for the win.

One major reason I don't like QBR is that one QB's rating can go down if they are winning by too much and become conservative. I'm sorry, but if a QB throws 5 TDs in the first half and they win 35-7, they were every bit of the reason why they won versus a 35-34 victory with those TDs spread out. Now, the blowout wasn't clutch because it didn't need to be, but a downgrade?

I've found too many head-scratchers to give this "metric" any merit. It seems easily manipulatable to push forth whomever they want. I mean, traditional passer rating has it's flaws, but you can generally guess where the numbers will fall without looking at it. QBR? Not so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Some fun facts:

Kap has a 21-8 Record

Flawed fact right there... Alex Smith played the first 9 games of 2012. Half of the Win is attributed to Smith as the starting QB... Therefore you can not claim that Kaep, as a sole QB, made it to the 2012 NFC championship game...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Im thinking Kaep will get 5-6 years worth 90-100 million.

If they don't have any intention of trading Kap (which they don't) they need to sign him right away, and they need to sign him for as long-term as possible.

Tony Romo got 6 years 108 million. That's probably close to what he'll get.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most are happy with Kaepernick. Nearly everyone, if not everyone are/were happy then and now with the QB switch. But the more often one praises a player with this kind of stuff, the more pushback one is going to get. For an established player like Gore, it's his age. For Kaepernick, it's his fourth quarter collapse and reads.

Most everyone is happy (but wanting normal growth), but going over the top or constant praise like an agenda encourages pushback. I've defended Alex plenty, but I feel that I've tried to avoid overpraise or over-criticism of others (Kyle Williams, Kaepernick, Crabtree, Harbaugh/Roman).

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I would want to pay him in the 7-8 mil a year range. No more than 9 mil.
If he is signed this offseason I think he will get around 13 mil a year range, Give or take. I dont think Kaep will sign that contract though, so to me, it is likely he and the FO will push another season.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't have any intention of trading Kap (which they don't) they need to sign him right away, and they need to sign him for as long-term as possible.

Tony Romo got 6 years 108 million. That's probably close to what he'll get.

In that case, I'd say cut him. A contract like that would hamstring the team from getting the players they need. You can't waste that much money on your QB unless he is top of the line; not a middle of the pack guy like Kaepernick is.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap had 1 4th Q melt down. Most of the time he is clutch in the 4th. I agree with Ninersickness he will get a Romo Contract if we sign him now and if we wait close to what Flacco got if he wins or goes to another Super Bowl.

I would lock him up now. Also remember he said he would take a discount because he wants the 49ers to be able to stay good. So maybe he get 5 years 75 years. That would give him 1 more shot at getting another decent contract and 49ers aren't locked in at 7 years.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

It's best to not makes these sorts of posts. You're only going to rile up the trolls who will make immature statements like Kap is a drooling retard or that he wears Beats. I didn't know that a QB who wears a certain brand of headphones or drools in his sleep would be a such a problem.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kap really signs for 15 million a year, that will be a dark day in 49ers history. Unless he improves greatly, which he has shown no signs of being capable to do. Lets hope either A. It doesn't come to that or B. He takes his game up a couple levels.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap had 1 4th Q melt down. Most of the time he is clutch in the 4th. I agree with Ninersickness he will get a Romo Contract if we sign him now and if we wait close to what Flacco got if he wins or goes to another Super Bowl.

I would lock him up now. Also remember he said he would take a discount because he wants the 49ers to be able to stay good. So maybe he get 5 years 75 years. That would give him 1 more shot at getting another decent contract and 49ers aren't locked in at 7 years.

I don't know about that 75 years is a long time. Favre only played a quarter to a third of that. ;)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to say 75 million

I know, I added a wink to it, but their should be a sarcasm font. One message board I know used blue. But it dumbs down a board, as it became so common that people would take regular font sarcasm seriously.

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want to throw 15-20 million to Kap because he got to a SB which 1/2 that season was on Alex, and he got to another NCF championship? So if we use that as the metric then we should have kept Smith. I mean come on Kap is Alex Smith with better wheels, he is nothing, nor will he ever be anything special! Hell just compare him to Aaron Rodgers, Rodgers is worth the $21MM average cap hit, but there is no way in hell that Kap is worth $18+, I don’t think he is worth anything over $7-$10MM. Take a look at the stats that I have linked, hell take a look at their Weighted Career AV, Kap is a whole 24, compared to the 88 that is Rodgers.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RodgAa00.htm
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KaepCo00.htm

Now if all you want is a Shitty QB like Michael Vick then yes we have him, hell lets save even more money and go and trade for Dennard Robinson, but if you want to WIN Super Bowls then Kap is not that guy and we do not need to destroy our team by giving him that kind of money.