• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kam "Bam" Chancellor resigns

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle can't cut him this year since the dead cap is larger than the cap but I'm fine trading him. Goodbye. Sherman, Thomas, Wagner and the pass rushers (Avril/Bennett) are the reason this defense exists. Chancellor did jack crap to help us win either Super Bowl. The pass rushers and Thomas/Sherman/Wagner were the reasons.

I'd gladly just get rid of Chancellor, take the 2nd round pick, and up Bennett by a couple more million to make him happy. Bring in the next hungry rookie/secondary player. Chancellor might quite possibly have the easiest SS job in the NFL. Ignore EVERYTHING deep and just hit people over the middle of the field. Wow... tough job (of course I couldn't do that, don't take it out of context, but catch my drift...)

You probably didn't watched the same SB we all did. He locked down the middle of the field a couple of plays in and Manning was scared to throw that way again all night.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you are saying, but this situation is black and white to me. The players association has constructed a structure with the league as it is constituted today. Yes, the team has the leverage to cut you at any time....and? Is Kam in a position where the team is going to cut him? He wants more money after seeing everyone else get a raise, but SORRY, you signed the contract so live with it! People want to hide behind "it's a business", BS! If it was a business decision to holdout due to your contract then that's now two bad business decisions on Kams part since he was the one to sign his bad contract in the first place barely two years ago. No, we are not football players and work in different types of business, BUT! Business is business, and under the way contracts are currently structured in the NFL Kam only has himself to blame and should show up to his job because he is under contract period!

Sorry man, but you have no idea how businesses and contractors operate under contract with one another. This is not 9-5/W2 employment. These kinds of situations are very common. And that's why these contracts, just like damn near every other one in the business world leave outs, by purchase or penalty to protect both sides. But people don't seem to like it when a player excercises that right if he feels his interests and assets are jeopardized by the current contract structure. When the team does it it's all good., then it's ok to say "it's just business". Maybe it's because we look at the teams as actual businesses, and not the players. But they are independent contractors, which makes them private business entities, and not employees.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you are saying, but this situation is black and white to me. The players association has constructed a structure with the league as it is constituted today. Yes, the team has the leverage to cut you at any time....and? Is Kam in a position where the team is going to cut him? He wants more money after seeing everyone else get a raise, but SORRY, you signed the contract so live with it! People want to hide behind "it's a business", BS! If it was a business decision to holdout due to your contract then that's now two bad business decisions on Kams part since he was the one to sign his bad contract in the first place barely two years ago. No, we are not football players and work in different types of business, BUT! Business is business, and under the way contracts are currently structured in the NFL Kam only has himself to blame and should show up to his job because he is under contract period!
Sorry man, this is goofiness. You're essentially saying it's ok for the team to have a recourse when they're not happy with a contract but not ok for the player to have one. A contract is a two party agreement. It's not just on the player to have to honor it if you're going to go down the road of "sorry, you signed the contract."

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry man, this is goofiness. You're essentially saying it's ok for the team to have a recourse when they're not happy with a contract but not ok for the player to have one. A contract is a two party agreement. It's not just on the player to have to honor it if you're going to go down the road of "sorry, you signed the contract."
Absolutely it's ok, why? Because that's what the players association agreed to with the NFL in structuring their contracts. I'm not saying I agree with the structure, but Kam knew how it works when signing his deal and yet he didn't protect himself enough apparently. A contract is an AGREEMENT by multiple parties in which was signed by both parties stating that they are on the same page. Kam took advantage of the opportunity to sign early, but now doesn't want to follow through on what they agreed too. The whole, "well, they can back out when they want without recourse" excuse is hogwash. The players know this going into any contract in the NFL, and therefore it's their responsibility to protect themselves BEFORE signing the contract in the chance that a release takes place. The dude is one year into his contract........he's on his own cause that's BS. FWIW, Kam is one of my favorite players on the team and does bum me out about his antics.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry man, but you have no idea how businesses and contractors operate under contract with one another. This is not 9-5/W2 employment. These kinds of situations are very common. And that's why these contracts, just like damn near every other one in the business world leave outs, by purchase or penalty to protect both sides. But people don't seem to like it when a player excercises that right if he feels his interests and assets are jeopardized by the current contract structure. When the team does it it's all good., then it's ok to say "it's just business". Maybe it's because we look at the teams as actual businesses, and not the players. But they are independent contractors, which makes them private business entities, and not employees.
That's hilarious considering I'm a freelance contractor that deals with business contracts on a regular basis. If I make a deal with my clients before a job is started, fly across country and decide that I need a raise or I'm not showing up to the job site I wouldn't have a successful business. I know what I'm getting into on every job before accepting any terms, and once agreed it is on both parties to follow through with that agreement. Not by any means, as I have stated in a previous post, do I agree with the way the NFLPA & NFL have structured their contracts. With that being said, Kam knew this when he signed his contract and should have protected himself knowing how it works. If he wanted more security he should have settled that issue before signing on the dotted line, period.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely it's ok, why? Because that's what the players association agreed to with the NFL in structuring their contracts. I'm not saying I agree with the structure, but Kam knew how it works when signing his deal and yet he didn't protect himself enough apparently. A contract is an AGREEMENT by multiple parties in which was signed by both parties stating that they are on the same page. Kam took advantage of the opportunity to sign early, but now doesn't want to follow through on what they agreed too. The whole, "well, they can back out when they want without recourse" excuse is hogwash. The players know this going into any contract in the NFL, and therefore it's their responsibility to protect themselves BEFORE signing the contract in the chance that a release takes place. The dude is one year into his contract........he's on his own cause that's BS. FWIW, Kam is one of my favorite players on the team and does bum me out about his antics.
Mmmm he agreed that if he played for the Seahawks he would get paid X amount, but there is nothing in the agreement that says he has to play. He's decided he's not playing and it will take a little more $ to change his mind. Sounds fair to me. He's going to lose this battle IMO, but I harbor no ill feelings about it.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmm he agreed that if he played for the Seahawks he would get paid X amount, but there is nothing in the agreement that says he has to play. He's decided he's not playing and it will take a little more $ to change his mind. Sounds fair to me. He's going to lose this battle IMO, but I harbor no ill feelings about it.
Right, not following through on his agreement that HE signed in the contract. It's a bitch move, sorry. He should be a man of his word because he said he would agree to play for X amount of dollars and thus should stick to that agreement. It's also in the agreement, that HE signed, the team can terminate his contract at any time without recourse. He flip flopped and now the team suffers.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's hilarious considering I'm a freelance contractor that deals with business contracts on a regular basis. If I make a deal with my clients before a job is started, fly across country and decide that I need a raise or I'm not showing up to the job site I wouldn't have a successful business. I know what I'm getting into on every job before accepting any terms, and once agreed it is on both parties to follow through with that agreement. Not by any means, as I have stated in a previous post, do I agree with the way the NFLPA & NFL have structured their contracts. With that being said, Kam knew this when he signed his contract and should have protected himself knowing how it works. If he wanted more security he should have settled that issue before signing on the dotted line, period.

This structure also allows him to hold out with penalty.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, not following through on his agreement that HE signed in the contract. It's a bitch move, sorry. He should be a man of his word because he said he would agree to play for X amount of dollars and thus should stick to that agreement. It's also in the agreement, that HE signed, the team can terminate his contract at any time without recourse. He flip flopped and now the team suffers.

Now he's decided not to play period and that's not breaking the contract.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When he ends up losing this battle, you can rejoice.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now he's decided not to play period and that's not breaking the contract.

Exactly. Where were all these people screaming about honoring contracts when TJ Houshmanzadah's five year deal was ripped up by the team one year in?

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Where were all these people screaming about honoring contracts when TJ Houshmanzadah's five year deal was ripped up by the team one year in?
Or when the Hawks were on the hook for roughly $9 million after shipping Harvin out due to the structure of his contract.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like the terms of his contract changed since signing it. It's still the same one he agreed to two years ago, but now it's not enough.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like the terms of his contract changed since signing it. It's still the same one he agreed to two years ago, but now it's not enough.
See here's the difference in our opinions. I love that the teams hold the upper hand in the NFL, hate what happens in baseball and basketball. However I just don't get upset about players squacking because it's a one sided deal as a rule, yes there are exceptions, but generally the team holds the cards. If you were in those players shoes, you would not like the hand dealt to you. So while I want the team to hold firm, I don't mind the complaints, because I can understand them.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See here's the difference in our opinions. I love that the teams hold the upper hand in the NFL, hate what happens in baseball and basketball. However I just don't get upset about players squacking because it's a one sided deal as a rule, yes there are exceptions, but generally the team holds the cards. If you were in those players shoes, you would not like the hand dealt to you. So while I want the team to hold firm, I don't mind the complaints, because I can understand them.
I guess the thing with me is that he knew what he was signing when he signed that deal. When you sign a contract it basically states that you agree to certain terms. Kam knew the terms, why shouldn't he be binded to those terms? If the Hawks cut him before his guaranteed money had been realized they would still have to pay him, should he have to give that back in that situation?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the thing with me is that he knew what he was signing when he signed that deal. When you sign a contract it basically states that you agree to certain terms. Kam knew the terms, why shouldn't he be binded to those terms? If the Hawks cut him before his guaranteed money had been realized they would still have to pay him, should he have to give that back in that situation?

NFLPA is weak, really weak. The deal they signed put the teams in wonderful position. I like that, but totally understand players not being happy with it. Let them squack, it does no harm really. Kam is going to lose this battle, feel kind of sad that he took this on, because he has no chance IMO. Keep in mind he took his career in danger by playing injuried in the SB. Maybe the smart thing for him to do is not play, because if his career would of ended there, the Seahawks would of been off the hook.