• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kam "Bam" Chancellor resigns

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seattle Seahawks aren't done making big moves this offseason. On Monday, they took care of one of their homegrown success stories.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Monday that safety Kam Chancellor signed a four-year contract extension through 2017. A source told Rapoport the contract is worth $28 million, with $17 million guaranteed.
During Pete Carroll's first draft in Seattle, he and GM John Schneider famously passed on Carroll's USC product Taylor Mays to draft Earl Thomas and Chancellor for the back end. Thomas is the signature player, but Chancellor's toughness and versatility should not be overlooked. The 2012 Pro Bowl selection is a very strong tackler that can line up all over the place. He's a solid player in coverage as well, for a player that often plays close to the line of scrimmage.
Seattle's defense picked up pass rushers like Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett this offseason, but their best players are Carroll/Schneider draft picks. From Russell Wilson, to Chancellor, to Bobby Wagner and Richard Sherman, the Seahawks have shown a knack for terrific drafting over the last three seasons.

Kam Chancellor re-ups with Seattle Seahawks - NFL.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah know he said he would sign for less,but they all say that but hell I think he meant it,what a deal.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seattle Seahawks aren't done making big moves this offseason. On Monday, they took care of one of their homegrown success stories.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Monday that safety Kam Chancellor signed a four-year contract extension through 2017. A source told Rapoport the contract is worth $28 million, with $17 million guaranteed.
During Pete Carroll's first draft in Seattle, he and GM John Schneider famously passed on Carroll's USC product Taylor Mays to draft Earl Thomas and Chancellor for the back end. Thomas is the signature player, but Chancellor's toughness and versatility should not be overlooked. The 2012 Pro Bowl selection is a very strong tackler that can line up all over the place. He's a solid player in coverage as well, for a player that often plays close to the line of scrimmage.
Seattle's defense picked up pass rushers like Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett this offseason, but their best players are Carroll/Schneider draft picks. From Russell Wilson, to Chancellor, to Bobby Wagner and Richard Sherman, the Seahawks have shown a knack for terrific drafting over the last three seasons.

Kam Chancellor re-ups with Seattle Seahawks - NFL.com

LOL. That might be the only time in my life that I've enjoyed anything Chris Tucker has said.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno I just had to throw that in there lol.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BamBam_zps51b1e695.jpg

I love it because IMO he was the least necessary to sign in the secondary. If they made him such a priority that just means Earl & Sherm are gonna be priority when necessary. The band is still intact!!

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BamBam_zps51b1e695.jpg

I love it because IMO he was the least necessary to sign in the secondary. If they made him such a priority that just means Earl & Sherm are gonna be priority when necessary. The band is still intact!!

They're next in line I imagine.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Killa Kam :thumb:

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the 17 mil guaranteed, any word on whether they are going to front load the money in order to free up money for when your other homegrowns hit FA?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then I take it that you don't know how they are spreading out the guaranteed money?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then I take it that you don't know how they are spreading out the guaranteed money?

I don't think anyone does at this point, but I'm sure someone like Sando or Clayton will find out, so it shouldn't be too long before we know too.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A flash back to the Fans thoughts on the 2013 Kam Extension.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also wish Kam would come in and rejoin his team, but I can understand the player's perspective in the "show up and honor your contract" debate. If players under-perform, the team can cut them if they don't accept a re-structure for less money. If a player out-performs their contract, they have no similar recourse. Doesn't seem like too many people raise a stink when teams cut players who aren't performing to their contract, but players are greedy if they try to get more money.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also wish Kam would come in and rejoin his team, but I can understand the player's perspective in the "show up and honor your contract" debate. If players under-perform, the team can cut them if they don't accept a re-structure for less money. If a player out-performs their contract, they have no similar recourse. Doesn't seem like too many people raise a stink when teams cut players who aren't performing to their contract, but players are greedy if they try to get more money.
I get what you are saying, but this situation is black and white to me. The players association has constructed a structure with the league as it is constituted today. Yes, the team has the leverage to cut you at any time....and? Is Kam in a position where the team is going to cut him? He wants more money after seeing everyone else get a raise, but SORRY, you signed the contract so live with it! People want to hide behind "it's a business", BS! If it was a business decision to holdout due to your contract then that's now two bad business decisions on Kams part since he was the one to sign his bad contract in the first place barely two years ago. No, we are not football players and work in different types of business, BUT! Business is business, and under the way contracts are currently structured in the NFL Kam only has himself to blame and should show up to his job because he is under contract period!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle can't cut him this year since the dead cap is larger than the cap but I'm fine trading him. Goodbye. Sherman, Thomas, Wagner and the pass rushers (Avril/Bennett) are the reason this defense exists. Chancellor did jack crap to help us win either Super Bowl. The pass rushers and Thomas/Sherman/Wagner were the reasons.

I'd gladly just get rid of Chancellor, take the 2nd round pick, and up Bennett by a couple more million to make him happy. Bring in the next hungry rookie/secondary player. Chancellor might quite possibly have the easiest SS job in the NFL. Ignore EVERYTHING deep and just hit people over the middle of the field. Wow... tough job (of course I couldn't do that, don't take it out of context, but catch my drift...)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle can't cut him this year since the dead cap is larger than the cap but I'm fine trading him. Goodbye. Sherman, Thomas, Wagner and the pass rushers (Avril/Bennett) are the reason this defense exists. Chancellor did jack crap to help us win either Super Bowl. The pass rushers and Thomas/Sherman/Wagner were the reasons.

I'd gladly just get rid of Chancellor, take the 2nd round pick, and up Bennett by a couple more million to make him happy. Bring in the next hungry rookie/secondary player. Chancellor might quite possibly have the easiest SS job in the NFL. Ignore EVERYTHING deep and just hit people over the middle of the field. Wow... tough job (of course I couldn't do that, don't take it out of context, but catch my drift...)
You drinking? Kam was a big factor in the SB win against the Broncos. Last year SB not so much, because of the injury .