• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick Update

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess this is more on the Broncos side being reported. Davis tweeted earlier his disgust with the 49ers GM so wouldn't surprise me if he would be part of the trade as he has not held back much of how much he does not like Baalke.

That tweet was probably overblown on your end. Davis tweets out comments like that a lot. Not a good thing to be doing by any means. But I don't think he is as upset with mgmt as you might have heard.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That tweet was probably overblown on your end. Davis tweets out comments like that a lot. Not a good thing to be doing by any means. But I don't think he is as upset with mgmt as you might have heard.

Well there were reports coming out of Denver like I said that he was possibly part of the trade where the Broncos got Davis and Kaepernick and the 49ers got Clady and a draft pick.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like this whole situation keeps being hurry up and wait. So now we are once again at a stand still until one of the three sides decides to blink.

This thing is probably going to drag on for awhile

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thing is probably going to drag on for awhile

I would say April 27th is the latest it can drag on. Broncos probably change up what they are doing draft wise depending on whether they have Kap on the roster or not.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there were reports coming out of Denver like I said that he was possibly part of the trade where the Broncos got Davis and Kaepernick and the 49ers got Clady and a draft pick.

I have my doubts about those reports. There are a number of really good 49er sites that get on rumors pretty quickly. There hasn't been any chatter about it here and they are usually good at reporting these things. When they start picking up on it I might be more apt to think there is something to it.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say April 27th is the latest it can drag on. Broncos probably change up what they are doing draft wise depending on whether they have Kap on the roster or not.

We'll see what happens. Kap wants out but apparently not enough to give up $5 million.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my doubts about those reports. There are a number of really good 49er sites that get on rumors pretty quickly. There hasn't been any chatter about it here and they are usually good at reporting these things. When they start picking up on it I might be more apt to think there is something to it.

Understandable. I have only a few reporters that I trust so if information comes out from others I usually wait until those few actually report it. One of those was the one that made the suggestion that Clady and Davis could be a part of the deal which is why I took it a little more serious. I'm sure though the deal has changed over the past month a few times so maybe it was at least a discussion at one point but maybe went no further and a Bronco reporter thought it more serious than maybe what it is.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see what happens. Kap wants out but apparently not enough to give up $5 million.

Well this could be a bit of buyers remorse in the sense of he signed a contract that bet on himself and it bit him in the rear end big time so then to take a pay cut with the hopes that maybe a 2nd chance could get him paid again just maybe doesn't sound quite as exciting when he has all this money guaranteed right now. Just have to see who blinks first.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this could be a bit of buyers remorse in the sense of he signed a contract that bet on himself and it bit him in the rear end big time so then to take a pay cut with the hopes that maybe a 2nd chance could get him paid again just maybe doesn't sound quite as exciting when he has all this money guaranteed right now. Just have to see who blinks first.

I think for his career he would have a much better chance for success in Denver than in SF. Our oline was a big mess last year and we are rebuilding. He would be in a better situation where he isn't going to have to try and carry the team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think for his career he would have a much better chance for success in Denver than in SF. Our oline was a big mess last year and we are rebuilding. He would be in a better situation where he isn't going to have to try and carry the team.

It definitely is a better situation right now as the Broncos have done a lot to fix their OL problems from last year already. Just have to see whether he is willing to take a little less to be in a better situation or if he would just rather collect his money and possibly ride it out on the bench. To me if he would rather take the money than the opportunity then that will speak volumes to other teams and he will be hard pressed to find another opportunity beyond this upcoming season.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It definitely is a better situation right now as the Broncos have done a lot to fix their OL problems from last year already. Just have to see whether he is willing to take a little less to be in a better situation or if he would just rather collect his money and possibly ride it out on the bench. To me if he would rather take the money than the opportunity then that will speak volumes to other teams and he will be hard pressed to find another opportunity beyond this upcoming season.
I'm not sur $4.9 million is a little less? Personally, I think he's crazy to walk away from that money for a couple reasons. First he's likely to do better in a Chip Kelly offense? Second if not he rides the pine, gets traded later or finds a new team next year all with that $5 million still in his pocket. Not a bad deal.
Now comes the other side of the coin. Not sure what SF did to obviously piss him off as much as it appears right now. One would think there is more going on/or went on beside what we've all been privy to? Is that enough to have him eat some of that 5 mil? Maybe, but damn no way for the entire 5?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sur $4.9 million is a little less? Personally, I think he's crazy to walk away from that money for a couple reasons. First he's likely to do better in a Chip Kelly offense? Second if not he rides the pine, gets traded later or finds a new team next year all with that $5 million still in his pocket. Not a bad deal.
Now comes the other side of the coin. Not sure what SF did to obviously piss him off as much as it appears right now. One would think there is more going on/or went on beside what we've all been privy to? Is that enough to have him eat some of that 5 mil? Maybe, but damn no way for the entire 5?

Here is the other side of this
1) Let's say he does stay in San Fran and rides the bench. well instead of having a year of showing teams he can bounce back and have a good year with a good team around him he is stuck on the bench in a situation he is not happy. So now we make it to the next off season and instead of getting a good QB deal worth way more than that $5 million he saved by riding the bench no team hardly wants to touch the kid. One way has him betting on himself and the other has him taking the easy money. Not sure which way is better.

2) Here is the story that I have heard of what all happened. When they were doing his deal they made some promises to him to help him take the deal that he did. He was willing to take a very incentive driven contract to help the team out cap wise because they had told him they would use the extra money to sign some of the players he wanted to stay on the team. None of those players were re-signed causing Kaepernick to lose trust in the FO and anything they would say to him.

Then the whole benching situation. Pretty much the 49ers FO and such put a ton of the blame of the failure of the team on Kaepernick. He was their scapegoat for a terrible season after a terrible off season and falling out with a great coach. So when you combine all that together and him having no trust in the FO and them throwing him under the bus it makes sense why he wants out. I guess we will see how much he wants out though with that $5 million floating around.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to a report here where it's not just one side of this 3 sided beast that's holding things up. The 49ers want more than the Broncos are offering and don't want to eat any of Kap's contract. Kap wants his entire salary and doesn't want to restructure. The Broncos are willing to give up a couple of players and take on about 2/3 of Kap's salary. Just hearing that, it's almost as if Kap could push the whole thing together by being a bit more flexible. From the way I sense it, he's more pissed off at the 49ers than he is anything else, otherwise I think he'd already have a contract restructure to offer the Broncos.

Think about it, the Broncos want him, but can't skin off enough to eat his contract. The 49ers want to trade him but don't want to give him up and pay for him to be successful somewhere else. Both are willing to move a bit but Kap seems to be the speed bump.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the other side of this
1) Let's say he does stay in San Fran and rides the bench. well instead of having a year of showing teams he can bounce back and have a good year with a good team around him he is stuck on the bench in a situation he is not happy. So now we make it to the next off season and instead of getting a good QB deal worth way more than that $5 million he saved by riding the bench no team hardly wants to touch the kid. One way has him betting on himself and the other has him taking the easy money. Not sure which way is better.

2) Here is the story that I have heard of what all happened. When they were doing his deal they made some promises to him to help him take the deal that he did. He was willing to take a very incentive driven contract to help the team out cap wise because they had told him they would use the extra money to sign some of the players he wanted to stay on the team. None of those players were re-signed causing Kaepernick to lose trust in the FO and anything they would say to him.

Then the whole benching situation. Pretty much the 49ers FO and such put a ton of the blame of the failure of the team on Kaepernick. He was their scapegoat for a terrible season after a terrible off season and falling out with a great coach. So when you combine all that together and him having no trust in the FO and them throwing him under the bus it makes sense why he wants out. I guess we will see how much he wants out though with that $5 million floating around.
1) There is no guarentee he'll ride the pine in SF under Kelly. Denver lost over half their offensive starters if I'm remembering correctly? So no guarentee Kap improves his worth by playing in Denver next year? Denver is too tight on their cap so not likely going to improve much through FA unless they make some drastic moves. I saw someone comment that they just won't sign most of the rookies. That doesn't bode well for the future.

2) Thanks I do recall hearing some of that as well now that you reminded me.

Personally, I think Denver is better off with Sanchez. Wow can't believe I just said that.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incentive laden contracts are great. The biggest problem is that one guy can't reach all of his incentives by himself. Most incentives require that the other players around him are equally driven.

I can see Kap's point of view. The 49ers don't want him, but owe him $11M+. He doesn't have to do anything, just sit back and collect the money. OR he can get in shape, play his ass off and make trading him a horrific problem for the front office. If you're Kap and work out a contract with the Broncos, how many years do you sign for to get that guaranteed money? Think about this...........does he take $11+M now and become a free agent next year and possibly get a minimum contract, or does he sign with the Broncos, and spread his guarantee over three years and possibly end up in a similar situation with Broncos if he has a terrible year next year and doesn't get his incentives.

I'm sorry, a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.......take the money and do the best you can and just let things fall where they may would be my advice.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) There is no guarentee he'll ride the pine in SF under Kelly. Denver lost over half their offensive starters if I'm remembering correctly? So no guarentee Kap improves his worth by playing in Denver next year? Denver is too tight on their cap so not likely going to improve much through FA unless they make some drastic moves. I saw someone comment that they just won't sign most of the rookies. That doesn't bode well for the future.

2) Thanks I do recall hearing some of that as well now that you reminded me.

Personally, I think Denver is better off with Sanchez. Wow can't believe I just said that.

Well with how terrible our Offense was this past year can you really blame the Broncos for moving on? Also right now only 4 players have actually changed from the year before on our offense. Our Starting QB, both starting Guards, and our starting TE. All of them were getting to be mid-30's or older so they were needing to be replaced whether our offense was good or not. Now I guess it depends a little on your thoughts of our Tackles. Both starting Tackles went down by week 3 of the season and both are returning to the team as of right now. So I don't count those as lost players that were the back ups that came in for the year.

You are right maybe he doesn't ride the pine in San Fran this year. I just don't think he is a great fit for Kelly's system. It is a system based on a QB that can make quick reads and make the short passes on a consistent basis. That is not Kaepernick. it is why Goff keeps getting Mocked to the 49ers because that is exactly what he has done at Cal so far in his career. Kaepernick is more of a get out on the edges and either make the big throw down the field or take off running. That is closer to a Kubiak system than any other system in the league from what I can tell. Also it is not so much what the Broncos offense can offer but the fact that he won't be asked to carry the team to victory. He can lean on the defense that has 9 of the 11 starters returning and a heavy run game. The Broncos probably won't be in a ton of shoot outs next year. We are talking about a lot of 21-17 type games. The Broncos will mostly be asking Kaepernick to make a few plays a game with either his arm or legs and just not turn the ball over which has been a strength of his during his career to not throw interceptions.

As for are we better with Sanchez...I honestly have no clue. I have been impressed with what I have heard of Sanchez so far such as not leaving the Broncos facility since he was signed working with the playbook and that this week he flew all of the WR's and TE's out to California to work with them for a few days. So he is doing everything right so far to show he really wants this job. Because of that I wouldn't mind if we didn't trade for Kaepernick and allow Sanchez to battle it out with a high round pick QB and Sieiman who they have said they really like.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to CBS Sports Kaepernick has refused to take any type of pay cut and the potential trade between the 49ers and Broncos is officially dead.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with how terrible our Offense was this past year can you really blame the Broncos for moving on? Also right now only 4 players have actually changed from the year before on our offense. Our Starting QB, both starting Guards, and our starting TE. All of them were getting to be mid-30's or older so they were needing to be replaced whether our offense was good or not. Now I guess it depends a little on your thoughts of our Tackles. Both starting Tackles went down by week 3 of the season and both are returning to the team as of right now. So I don't count those as lost players that were the back ups that came in for the year.

You are right maybe he doesn't ride the pine in San Fran this year. I just don't think he is a great fit for Kelly's system. It is a system based on a QB that can make quick reads and make the short passes on a consistent basis. That is not Kaepernick. it is why Goff keeps getting Mocked to the 49ers because that is exactly what he has done at Cal so far in his career. Kaepernick is more of a get out on the edges and either make the big throw down the field or take off running. That is closer to a Kubiak system than any other system in the league from what I can tell. Also it is not so much what the Broncos offense can offer but the fact that he won't be asked to carry the team to victory. He can lean on the defense that has 9 of the 11 starters returning and a heavy run game. The Broncos probably won't be in a ton of shoot outs next year. We are talking about a lot of 21-17 type games. The Broncos will mostly be asking Kaepernick to make a few plays a game with either his arm or legs and just not turn the ball over which has been a strength of his during his career to not throw interceptions.

As for are we better with Sanchez...I honestly have no clue. I have been impressed with what I have heard of Sanchez so far such as not leaving the Broncos facility since he was signed working with the playbook and that this week he flew all of the WR's and TE's out to California to work with them for a few days. So he is doing everything right so far to show he really wants this job. Because of that I wouldn't mind if we didn't trade for Kaepernick and allow Sanchez to battle it out with a high round pick QB and Sieiman who they have said they really like.
Good points. That's right Hillman is still unsigned. Denver also lost two starting QBs:-) Regardless there are holes that still need to be filled on both sides of the ball.
I'm not raining on Denver's parade I just think if it was my team I wouldn't be feeling very comfortable is all. Especially since on paper the rest of the division has improved IHMO.