• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick Update

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This sounds like the typical spring workout banter. We will here more of the same in July. I'm more concerned abut the O-Line in front of Kaep. Coach those guys up and get them ready.

i'm more of this opinion too.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly. Lets see if it was all talk on Kaps agent part. Easy to talk the talk but walking the walk is harder.

I think the problem is sifting through all the noise coming from reports and being able to know what is true and what is not.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver is apparently still interested so, hopefully it's only a matter of time before he's bounced. I don't think much will happen until around draft time.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver is apparently still interested so, hopefully it's only a matter of time before he's bounced. I don't think much will happen until around draft time.

This is so confusing now. Apparently Denver wants him to take a significant pay cut which he was unwilling to do. Now he has guaranteed money so I guess the only way to move him is to work out an agreement with Denver to eat some of his salary.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so confusing now. Apparently Denver wants him to take a significant pay cut which he was unwilling to do. Now he has guaranteed money so I guess the only way to move him is to work out an agreement with Denver to eat some of his salary.

Wouldn't surprise me if something truly ramps up between the first 2 rounds of the draft, say if Denver doesn't grab one of the QB's in the draft or hasn't signed someone like Fitzpatrick. They may capitulate and just move out a second for Kaepernick and be done with it. No matter, I have a hard time picturing Elway sitting pat and going into next season trying to defend the Super Bowl with Mark Sanchez at the controls.

Then again...I have a hard time trying to justify the title defense with Kaepernick as well.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again...I have a hard time trying to justify the title defense with Kaepernick as well.

? Our past defense or Denver's title defense?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yep, looks like it. So i stand corrected, thought a deal would've gotten done.

Denver will wait till after the 49ers pick at #7, there is no reason to push a trade prior. If the 49ers take Goff as most mocks predict, Denver gains a little leverage. Because soon as the 49ers secure their QB, they can think about trading Kaep in earnest.

Denver will try to make this happen before they pick at #31.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos and Kaep met on Thursday:

Source: Kaepernick, Broncos GM Elway met Thursday

Colin Kaepernick - QB - 49ers

The San Francisco Chronicle's Eric Branch reports Broncos GM John Elway met with Colin Kaepernick in Denver on Thursday.

Branch reports Kaepernick and Elway have met "at least twice since March 15." This type of meeting would normally not be allowed, but the 49ers have granted Kaepernick permission to seek a trade. The Broncos reportedly want Kaepernick to agree to around a $5 million pay cut before they will green-light a trade, but he has little reason to take a big cut with his 2016 salary now fully guaranteed. Perhaps a smaller reduction paired with some guarantees in 2017 could get a deal done. These meetings suggest there is a real chance to two sides come to an agreement, but it is still anyone's guess where Kaepernick will play this season.
Related: Broncos
Source: San Francisco Chronicle

Apr 2 - 12:55 PM

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Agreed for trade composition to Denver for Kaep, needs to sign a new deal and its done!
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Broncos have a trade in place for Colin Kaepernick.

The deal is expected to be for a mid-round pick. The Broncos and 49ers have agreed on compensation, but Kaepernick's contract remains a holdup. Denver wants Kaepernick to take a $5 million pay cut, and the sides reportedly aren't close on a restructure. Kaepernick should eventually end up in Denver, but it's likely going to take an incentives-based deal.

Broncos have deal in place for Kaepernick - Rotoworld.com

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Report: 49ers, Broncos have Kaepernick trade parameters in place

"
The 49ers and Broncos have the parameters in place for a Colin Kaepernick trade, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported Saturday, but Kapernick needs to agree to a pay cut for a deal to be completed.

Schefter also reported that if a deal is finalized, the Broncos would then trade a mid-round pick to the 49ers."