• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick Update

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wait and see game now ,I guess. Kap has the money and is honoring his current contract.

yes, wait and see. Something has to give because Kaep won't be remain injured forever.

we ALL know we don't have a good QB this year, and i'm just commenting on what's the best we can do? No way am i trying to say our QB will have "top 5 stats", or anything to that effect. I'm sure Kelly can make the most of what he has, but right now he doesn't have.

Ok, so to look for those glimmers of hope, i posted that article saying Gabbert may not be THAT bad should he get better protection. Baalke has made moves to improve pass pro, and we know it can only improve. We don't know just HOW GOOD, but when you're on the bottom, it can only improve.

Next, i don't think Kaep will play for us and won't get bent out of shape if he doesn't. But getting back to "glimmer of hope", not concluding he's totally out of the picture. Until the FO keeps him out of practices, there is still a SMALL chance he plays. If he plays, there's a small chance he improves in this offense.

right now the fan base is thinking our QB's is 1 on a scale of 10, and rightfully so. But i'm saying it might not be as bad as 1, maybe a 3 or 4?

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How this idiot is still on the team is beyond me.

Our idiot quarterback is just the tip of the iceberg here. The bigger issue is our idiotic front office for keeping this idiot quarterback.

Unbelievable. Layers upon layers of unfathomable stupidity.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How this idiot is still on the team is beyond me.

Our idiot quarterback is just the tip of the iceberg here. The bigger issue is our idiotic front office for keeping this idiot quarterback.

Unbelievable. Layers upon layers of unfathomable stupidity.

I completely agree with you. I am done with kap and at this point i would bench him every game and just go in with gabbert and driskel because kap is pure trash and i don't want him back on the roster because he got hurt.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anybody lost....so in that sense, I agree. I think it all depends on what Kaepernick really wants. Does he want to prove that he's a quality, NFL starter, and that the 49ers simply held him back due to coaching/talent/etc.? Then he should've more flexible with the Broncos, and those parties should've put together a 'prove it' deal, where Kaepernick could've made the money up later on.
If Denver was willing to do a one year, prove it deal, Kap would've taken it in a heartbeat b/c he'd actually have a way to "make the money back" if he played well since he'd be a FA coming off a good year.

I don't think Denver was interested in being flexible. They wanted Kap to take big pay cuts in the first couple of years and remain under contract through 2020. All the while, Denver wouldn't be on the hook for any guarantees and could cut him at any time. The Broncos wanted to have it both ways. Kap had no incentive to take such a deal, no matter how much he wanted to prove himself...and that's why he's still a Niner (if only in name).

As I said in the other thread, I hope he doesn't see a down of football this season.
Yea, like you said, give him the Griffin treatment.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Denver was willing to do a one year, prove it deal, Kap would've taken it in a heartbeat b/c he'd actually have a way to "make the money back" if he played well since he'd be a FA coming off a good year.

I don't think Denver was interested in being flexible. They wanted Kap to take big pay cuts in the first couple of years and remain under contract through 2020. All the while, Denver wouldn't be on the hook for any guarantees and could cut him at any time. The Broncos wanted to have it both ways. Kap had no incentive to take such a deal, no matter how much he wanted to prove himself...and that's why he's still a Niner (if only in name).

Yea, like you said, give him the Griffin treatment.

This is just not true. The re-done contract was only for a 2-year deal with the Broncos. After the 2017 season he would have been a FA and able to get a big contract if he had played well in Denver.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree with you. I am done with kap and at this point i would bench him every game and just go in with gabbert and driskel because kap is pure trash and i don't want him back on the roster because he got hurt.

Gabbert is not good, but he is waaaayyyy better than Kaepernick. There is not a single thing that Kaepernick does better than Gabbert. Not one.

Accuracy: Gabbert
Pocket awareness: Gabbert
Speed: Gabbert (Kaep takes long slow strides before he gets going)
Maturity/Leadership: Gabbert
Reading defenses: Gabbert (by a mile)
Being able to locate the fucking playclock: Gabbert

I will never understand why people still defend this idiot. He's not good. People wanted to blame this all on the offensive line. Well, Gabbert had the same offensive line and out-performed him in just about every category.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can argue that, but the point was both QB's have to svck it up, and join their teams. Both wanted to leave but both found out they don't have options. So even if Eagles were worse than the 49ers, Bradford had to join his team.

Kaep already joined his team, and that is positive step. Now we'll see just how much his competitive juices start to flow? We'll see if his competitiveness, overcomes the FO's "slight" to his pride.

I guess the real difference is Bradford will get paid to maybe earn another contract by playing well on a average team. Kaepernick is going to have to play well on a bad team so he won't likely impress as much as Bradford.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabbert is not good, but he is waaaayyyy better than Kaepernick. There is not a single thing that Kaepernick does better than Gabbert. Not one.

Accuracy: Gabbert
Pocket awareness: Gabbert
Speed: Gabbert (Kaep takes long slow strides before he gets going)
Maturity/Leadership: Gabbert
Reading defenses: Gabbert (by a mile)
Being able to locate the fucking playclock: Gabbert

I will never understand why people still defend this idiot. He's not good. People wanted to blame this all on the offensive line. Well, Gabbert had the same offensive line and out-performed him in just about every category.

It wasn't entirely the offensive lines fault they didn't help the offense a great deal last year though. Keapernick as been regressing for several years now and I'm doubting he will ever come back to what it looked like he might be able to become.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just not true. The re-done contract was only for a 2-year deal with the Broncos. After the 2017 season he would have been a FA and able to get a big contract if he had played well in Denver.
You got a link for that info? All I've seen is that Denver wanted Kap to take a 40% paycut in year 1 and reportedly a similar paycut in year 2 of the deal--not a new deal, just paycuts in the first 2 years of the deal he already had. I've never seen anything indicating that Denver was offering only a 2 year deal.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers Chip Kelly 'no idea' if Kaepernick, Gabbert will start

Good to read Kaep is NOT an 'elephant in the room', that is huge cause it gives Baalke a little more time.

I'm not a fan of Kaep and i've ranted on him as much as anyone else. But under the current circumstances, my feeling is make the best of it as opposed to ranting/puting/bytching. So not saying lets keep Kaep for sure or that he'll be a top NFL QB, am saying while he's here, make the best of it.

This means trying out this offense and see what you can do? Its a running based offense, which takes some passing pressure off the QB. Kaep can bring back his running skills into the offense.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Colin Kaepernick making strong first impression with 49ers coaches

This is great to read because it starts with attitude. It appears Kaep's attitude is really good now.

Not that i expect Kaep to become this great starting QB, but there is no 'elephant in the room'. This gives Baalke time to see if something 'breaks' around the NFL? "Breaks" mean another team's QB gets injured, arrested for abuse or DUI, suspended for drug use, etc. etc.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Among the five worst (3rd worst) against the blitz:was the only quarterback in the NFL to complete fewer than 50 percent of his attempts (48.1) against the blitz last season. Kaepernick’s legs weren’t much of a weapon against pressure either. He averaged 4.89 yards per dropback when blitzed, fourth worst. Interestingly enough, Blaine Gabbert averaged 8.24, second best.
Five quarterbacks who thrived -- and five who stunk -- vs. the blitz in 2015

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im so sick of this. Front office either has to trade him or come out and say he is on this team and we are not trading him. Every week its another story. Kap wants to be traded, Kap wants to stay, Front office is looking to trade him, Front office is keeping him.

Pick one.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im so sick of this. Front office either has to trade him or come out and say he is on this team and we are not trading him. Every week its another story. Kap wants to be traded, Kap wants to stay, Front office is looking to trade him, Front office is keeping him.

Pick one.

I think he is always going to be on the trading block but the problem is there are no buyers at this point.