• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick Update

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for this deal. Don't care what pick we get in return....just end this experiment with Colin Kaepernick.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The thing is, going to Denver is a good deal for Kaep. Decen't run game and better WR's. Kubiak is a good coach for him too

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one of the best deals for Kaepernick....it still won't be enough to salvage some sort of career IMO.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ok good, glad Baalke stuck to his guns for a "mid round pick". There is no doubt in my mind Denver needs the best QB they can get NOW. i personally don't think Kaep is consistent enough QB, but doesn't matter what i think. :-)

I would take a higher pick next season, over a pick later this month. For example, Denver's 2nd in 2017, over a 3rd this draft. I hope it is a 'mid-round' pick and we didn't negotiate for say two 5th's?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The thing is, going to Denver is a good deal for Kaep. Decen't run game and better WR's. Kubiak is a good coach for him too

Kaep's main goal is just get out, and going to a good team is gravy. Denver is a good team now, but it'll still fall to Kaep to make it work. Granted, Manning didn't have a stellar season, so Kaep can match that statistically.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's one of the best deals for Kaepernick....it still won't be enough to salvage some sort of career IMO.

correct, because his career depends on HIS own play, not the players around him.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better be for more than a mid-round pick otherwise Baalke really is an idiot. Then again I'd have fired him last year and kept Harbaugh.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We are number one in the league... in cap space!

Roster depth and roster talent is shit, but at least we are number one in cap space!

Someone give Baalke a medal for being a genius and growing our cap space with this roster void of talent.

Fucking idiot turning us into the new Jacksonville Jaguars.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also I will be totally pissed off if we spend our 1st round pick on a QB now.

We got so many holes elsewhere I'd rather spend it elsewhere.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better be for more than a mid-round pick otherwise Baalke really is an idiot. Then again I'd have fired him last year and kept Harbaugh.

I completely agree with you there

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Grabbing a qb like goff would be the best thing for chip kelly's offense we do not need another de in the first round

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the sound of things there is a chance that both Ryan Clady for the Broncos and Anthony Davis for you guys is involved in the trade. Sounds like Davis wants out of San Fran as well so going to be interesting if this happens what the trade actually ends up being.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because....we don't have a hole at QB? By far the most important position in football?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the sound of things there is a chance that both Ryan Clady for the Broncos and Anthony Davis for you guys is involved in the trade. Sounds like Davis wants out of San Fran as well so going to be interesting if this happens what the trade actually ends up being.

I don't care how often Clady is hurt, and I seriously can't see that scenario happening anyways....but to get both Kaepernick and Anthony Davis away from the Niners? That would make me happy.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care how often Clady is hurt, and I seriously can't see that scenario happening anyways....but to get both Kaepernick and Anthony Davis away from the Niners? That would make me happy.

It's such a bummer because Davis is such a good player...but he's become a problem that needs to go. If we can unload two problems with one shot...we have a better chance to move forward in a positive light. Then in 3 years we might be able to be good again...FML.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

we can't trade Davis until he re-enters the league. Davis didn't say he wants out of SF, only that he has a headache.

IF he does get re-instated, he would be 'refreshed' and healthier mentally and physically, why would we want an injured Clady instead?

i read Davis' contract would be $3M this season, what is Clady's contract.....2.5 times higher?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Grabbing a qb like goff would be the best thing for chip kelly's offense we do not need another de in the first round

based on everything i read, heard on the radio, and seen on TV, Goff is the pick. The only question is if he'll still be on the board? Either Cleveland or Dallas might take Goff, but wouldn't worry about other teams behind us. The next few QB needy teams are too far back, and they'd give up way too much (an RGIII type deal) to jump ahead. Can it happen? yes, but i'd take my chances.

Should we consider trading up with Dallas? Three slots is still giving up a lot of draft value, i'd take my chances they go non-QB.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've heard nothing about Davis being involved in the trade nor that he wants out of SF. He hasn't even filed his papers for reinstatement yet and is still considered retired.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard nothing about Davis being involved in the trade nor that he wants out of SF. He hasn't even filed his papers for reinstatement yet and is still considered retired.

Well I guess this is more on the Broncos side being reported. Davis tweeted earlier his disgust with the 49ers GM so wouldn't surprise me if he would be part of the trade as he has not held back much of how much he does not like Baalke.