• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick trying to build a chip

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading about how 49er fans have turned on Kaepernick and have posted some very mean things in twitter, then Kaep favorited those comments. Why you ask?

"It helps me," he said.

Does he use the Twitter venom as motivation?

"I guess you could say that," Kaepernick said.

Kaep a TRUE Chip on your shoulder is not built after the fact, it has to always be there. Ask Russell Wilson (to short) Sherman (5th round snub) Baldwin (undrafted). The Mojo is not in you, you just are not as good as you THOUGHT you were :)

:lol::laugh3:

He gave his Mojo to Miami after being caught wearing their Hat.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the 49er fanbase is starting to realize Boldin wasn't going to be a parallel replacement for Crabtree who made up about 50% of Kaep's completion % last year. They thought he could be a suitable replacement, but he's more of a #2 / #3 option on most teams. Some are waking up to this reality.

49ers also didn't address the defensive backfield issues at CB and FS. Ried could be an excellent SS, but he didn't play FS in college because he gets burned in pass coverage all the time. Nnamdi isn't the shutdown corner they thought they were getting. He's washed.

But the white elephant in the room is the loss of Crabs in 2013. Without him, they got no other real option for a fast #1 W.O. When you're forced to covert TEs into your WRs, you know you got depth issues in the WR corps.

Also add in the age issue and so-so drafts the past two years that might of looked good at first glance, but many aren't producing right now and long term projects.

The 49ers problem isn't all on Kaep, although he's getting a crash course in how when your NFL QB, you take a whole lot of the blame when things don't go well.

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the 49er fanbase is starting to realize Boldin wasn't going to be a parallel replacement for Crabtree who made up about 50% of Kaep's completion % last year. They thought he could be a suitable replacement, but he's more of a #2 / #3 option on most teams. Some are waking up to this reality.

49ers also didn't address the defensive backfield issues at CB and FS. Ried could be an excellent SS, but he didn't play FS in college because he gets burned in pass coverage all the time. Nnamdi isn't the shutdown corner they thought they were getting. He's washed.

But the white elephant in the room is the loss of Crabs in 2013. Without him, they got no other real option for a fast #1 W.O. When you're forced to covert TEs into your WRs, you know you got depth issues in the WR corps.

Also add in the age issue and so-so drafts the past two years that might of looked good at first glance, but many aren't producing right now and long term projects.

The 49ers problem isn't all on Kaep, although he's getting a crash course in how when your NFL QB, you take a whole lot of the blame when things don't go well.

Right now Boldin is our option in the passing game. I don't know what you expect of him. Obviously his first game was huge, our second game he was going against Sherman, who has the ability to shut down any WR, and our third game we managed a measly 27 passing attempts and were without Vernon. Our young guys obviously are not stepping up, so our passing game is going to suck until we start to get healthy.

As far as addressing the secondary, nobody expected Aso to be a shut down corner. He was brought in on the cheap to see if he had anything left. We also signed Eric Wright who will be back after week 6. Losing Cully pretty much forced Nnamdi into the starting role. You've been playing the whole "Reid can't play FS." shtick since day one, and thus far nothing his has done on the field has proved you right.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think most 49er fans were not expecting Boldin to replace Crabs, they were pleased with the GB game though. I agree that CB and FS are issues, but Reid has been good so far, that's an issue they will obviously address in the next draft where they have 13 picks, including 2 2nd rounders and 3 3rd rounders. As far as drafts go, 2011 was wonderful, 2012 sucked, 2013 they got Reid, who has played well, Vance McDonald who has done well as TE, Carradine and Lattimore, who are basically red shirting this year and will replace Justin Smith and Gore -- all reports are that the 49ers did well, and as I said next year they have a lot of draft capital to restock.

I think one of the main problems are the lines and the game plan -- Harbaugh and Roman have gotten away from pounding the ball and the lines on both sides are not playing well --- and Kaep has struggled. We'll see what happens but I don't think that suddenly Harbaugh became a bad coach and Kaepernick's success last year was all a mirage. And Kaepernick has always had a chip on his shoulder by the way.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think one of the main problems are the lines and the game plan -- Harbaugh and Roman have gotten away from pounding the ball and the lines on both sides are not playing well --- and Kaep has struggled. We'll see what happens but I don't think that suddenly Harbaugh became a bad coach and Kaepernick's success last year was all a mirage. And Kaepernick has always had a chip on his shoulder by the way.

I think you are spot on with the bolded part. Regardless of all the flashy stuff with QB's in today's game and the pass-happy atmosphere that abounds in the NFL, winning and losing, more often then not, still comes down to those guys in the trenches that don't get the glory. Also, the power running game is what the 49ers have built this team on the last couple years (partially due to having Alex Smith at QB) and although Kaepernick has the skill set he does, they can't get away from that bread and butter. It seems that Harbaugh and the coaches on the offensive side are forgetting that Kaep is still a raw kid with a lot to learn and hasn't even got a full season under his belt. We'll see how this plays out over the course of a whole season. It was too early to crown Kaep after last year and week 1 and it's too early to throw him on the scrap heap after the last couple of games. But San Fran has to get those other things addressed and use their running game to give the kid a chance.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up in the bay area in the 80's and there isn't a fan base that turns on their qb quicker than the 49ers. They all want the next Joe Montana. But guess what, there's only 1 Joe and he can hardly walk right now. When Young was struggling (if you can call his numbers struggling, he just didn't have that Montana Magic in the clutch) and Bono was starting for him because he was injured there were people saying he should be the starter.

This game is make or break for the 49ers. Harbaugh doesn't seem like a players coach and if they start 1-3 he really doesn't seem like a guy who can rally the troops. Kaep's still immature and it seems that he bought into the hype a little too much and now he's sulking. We got a guy who has no problem trying to pump people up, even when we're in a bad spot and he's playing like crap. Weather the storm.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh doesn't seem like a players coach and if they start 1-3 he really doesn't seem like a guy who can rally the troops.

Biggest understatement ever. Not only is Harbaugh not a players coach, he's not a coaches coach. He abhors the media, abhors NFL players, abhors the competition, and most likely can't stand his wife and kids and kicks the cat.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest understatement ever. Not only is Harbaugh not a players coach, he's not a coaches coach. He abhors the media, abhors NFL players, abhors the competition, and most likely can't stand his wife and kids and kicks the cat.
Exactly. Harbaugh's more of a Harbaugh coach

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Staley screaming on the turf now in garbage time, about to get carted off. Sucks I don't wish injury on him or anyone. Niners got things right tonight or the Rams are just really really terrible on offense maybe a bit of both.

UPDATE: He walked off with two men under him and waived off the cart he might be okay in ten days who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think your weed was laced with acid, bro.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just defending Harbaugh a tad.

ok understandable but why NOW? :lol:

that quote you linked to was made yesterday? so why now? like i said why wait for a win to grow some balls?

Also you notice how much nicer Hawks fans are when you trolls come here? we do not say Vamoose or get off our board troll and run to the mods like ... well like you.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok understandable but why NOW? :lol:

I would've defended him before this game. He's not the most likable guy but I do think he is an excellent coach. All they did tonight was what I expected them to do all year.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think boldin was ever believed to be the guy to replace Crabtree. Baltimore's receivers aren't t amazing without him, but the took more pressure off of him than the rest of what is around him in SF does. He was acquired to play opposite Crabtree, not take his role. With Crabtree and Davis (also manningham) hurt, boldin is really their only guy, and they need people back. That doesn't mean he is doing any less than expected, just that the offense was hit hard and hasn't adjusted fully yet.

This team is already missing IMO their best offensive player, their best defensive player, and another very important extra weapon on each side of the ball.