• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick to workout for teams

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is a GM out there who needs a QB and CK is better than what they have, then they are idiots who will soon be looking for other employment, regardless of political brushback or whatever.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You misunderstood...

If he was good enough to start, he'd be on a roster. And with how much of a distraction his off the field shenanigans cause, not only does he have to be a starter, but he would at least need to play at a pro bowl level.

Agree, he'd have to play at an elite level to get a look from any team...3 years off is an eternity in professional sports...He's a no win hire for any team, too much baggage, promoting his #Poorme campaign, etc.....Who would actually want to roll the dice with this type of employee? It appears so far, no one....

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the thread title should be Kaepernick uses NFL to keep his name in public view...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is a GM out there who needs a QB and CK is better than what they have, then they are idiots who will soon be looking for other employment, regardless of political brushback or whatever.

Even if Kaep had Hall of Fame talent, he might not get a shot. His unpopularity is that bad. He might as well be Osama bin Laden to some people.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Kaep had Hall of Fame talent, he might not get a shot. His unpopularity is that bad. He might as well be Osama bin Laden to some people.

I think if Kaep had hall of fame talent he would be in the league. There is always a trade off between the headache and skill level. If Kaep could play like Mahomes did last year he would be in the league

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that it was the NFL's idea, but who in the public really knows?
He had the alternate field setup ahead of time knowing he would grandstand and not tryout as expected.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
download.jpg

wreg.jpeg

Maury show time

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muhammad Ali was pretty distasteful for a lot of folks as well. That didn't diminish his capacity. I'm not comparing CK to MA in terms of historic importance or excellence in their field, just their personal expressions.

Why cheat yourself of entertainment just for what an athlete thinks? I see disrespect of our flag on a daily basis if you want to know the truth. I see so many people and businesses not following proper etiquette when displaying or caring for their flag...are they worthy of the same disdain and attack?

It all seems very convenient.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things about Kap is that he hasn't shown that he's changed and that he will no longer be a distraction to a team willing to give him a chance at restarting his career. Showing up at this planned workout wearing a "Kunte Kinte" t-shirt and then berating the NFL owners as being "scared" after his workout only shows that he is going to continue to be a divisive person and a distraction for any team that signs him. Imagine if Michael Vick had gone to his reinstatement meeting with Goodell in 2009 and Vick decided to wear a "Bad Newz Kennels" T-shirt. You think he'd have gotten a sniff from any team? Not a chance. And he was ten times more talented than Kaeptain Kaengaroo. But Vick made it clear that he was leaving all that old personal baggage behind him and he was no longer going to be a problem for a team willing to give him a chance. Kaepernick could have learned something from Vick's approach if he really was interested in getting his career back.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both liked to kneel as well.....

One for cops killing unarmed Muslims
One for soldiers killing armed Taliban , plus lack of furniture in the caves

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things about Kap is that he hasn't shown that he's changed and that he will no longer be a distraction to a team willing to give him a chance at restarting his career. Showing up at this planned workout wearing a "Kunte Kinte" t-shirt and then berating the NFL owners as being "scared" after his workout only shows that he is going to continue to be a divisive person and a distraction for any team that signs him. Imagine if Michael Vick had gone to his reinstatement meeting with Goodell in 2009 and Vick decided to wear a "Bad Newz Kennels" T-shirt. You think he'd have gotten a sniff from any team? Not a chance. And he was ten times more talented than Kaeptain Kaengaroo. But Vick made it clear that he was leaving all that old personal baggage behind him and he was no longer going to be a problem for a team willing to give him a chance. Kaepernick could have learned something from Vick's approach if he really was interested in getting his career back.
You know what billionaires love? Being called cowards by a guy they perceive as costing them money. I’m sure that they will jump at the chance to bring in a guy who is going to call them racists and call himself a slave.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Kaep had hall of fame talent he would be in the league. There is always a trade off between the headache and skill level. If Kaep could play like Mahomes did last year he would be in the league

Maybe, but it's not a sure thing, IMO. It's just different with Kaep. A lot of people hated him even before the kneeling. I think a good comparison is Bonds (who is obviously a much greater player, as he is one of the greatest baseball players ever, but that actually helps my point). Granted he was old, but Bonds never got picked up by a team after 2007 even though he probably could've been a very good DH in the AL for 3 or so seasons. A lot of people hated Bonds very much even before the steroids scandal, and after that, he was just too unpopular for any team to sign him.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muhammad Ali was pretty distasteful for a lot of folks as well. That didn't diminish his capacity. I'm not comparing CK to MA in terms of historic importance or excellence in their field, just their personal expressions.

Why cheat yourself of entertainment just for what an athlete thinks? I see disrespect of our flag on a daily basis if you want to know the truth. I see so many people and businesses not following proper etiquette when displaying or caring for their flag...are they worthy of the same disdain and attack?

It all seems very convenient.

A boxer can put on his own boxing match, though.

Yeah, I agree that the anthem kneeling is way overblown. There actually still isn't an NFL rule that a player must stand. The NFL tries to put in a rule in the 2018 offseason, but they shelved it after discussions with the NFLPA. The policy still says "should stand."

Kaepernick broke no rules or committed any crimes, but he does things that a lot of people don't like.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're probably right...my point is every week teams hold workouts for players throughout the season...before doing so, player signs a waiver...that's what I meant by standard stuff.

Kaep's team drew up their own version of said waiver, which I can see the NFL passing on. That's like allowing a home buyer to bring in their own purchase and sale agreement. Won't happen. The listing broker & seller will insist the agreement be on the GAR form.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right...my point is every week teams hold workouts for players throughout the season...before doing so, player signs a waiver...that's what I meant by standard stuff.

Kaep's team drew up their own version of said waiver, which I can see the NFL passing on. That's like allowing a home buyer to bring in their own purchase and sale agreement. Won't happen. The listing broker & seller will insist the agreement be on the GAR form.

The NFL presented a waiver form that isn't standard, according to what I read. Or you could say that it was standard, but the NFL added language to it so that it wasn't just the standard form.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A boxer can put on his own boxing match, though.

Yeah, I agree that the anthem kneeling is way overblown. There actually still isn't an NFL rule that a player must stand. The NFL tries to put in a rule in the 2018 offseason, but they shelved it after discussions with the NFLPA. The policy still says "should stand."

Kaepernick broke no rules or committed any crimes, but he does things that a lot of people don't like.
Ben can r*pe chicks, but NappyWeaveBro makes a poli statement and gets leprosy... :L

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben can r*pe chicks, but NappyWeaveBro makes a poli statement and gets leprosy... :L

I don't think Ben was ever convicted of a crime, but others were, like Ray Lewis, Adrian Peterson, Michael Vick, etc. It is what it is. A player will be more hated for political statements than for criminal acts.