• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick to workout for teams

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The waiver is what Kaep is saying is the problem, but I think the second issue was the real problem. Having his (Nike) own recording of the workout.
Agree that it is unlikely he lands with a team. So making another Nike Ad is where his potential gain is. Course he doesn't want to publicly state that, as it shows it's about making $. Thus the red herring about the waiver. I don't think he's planning another lawsuit and of course the NFL isn't holding this workout to invite another lawsuit. It was brought up simply because the real issue isn't something Kaep camp wants to be talked about and another reason needed to be found.

This is speculation, but I'm guessing that there could be other considerations for Kaep as well. Why go back into the somewhat gladiatorial combat that is the NFL when you are already doing fine financially? If I'm not mistaken, I think he's already played long enough to get an NFL pension. Concussions, paralysis, etc. don't sound fun to me.

More speculation by me: I wonder who really is making the decisions for Kaepernick. He's got a team, including his girflfriend, making decisions for him.

Another thing I speculate about: He might wonder how genuine another shot in the NFL will be for him. He might think that a team will sign him just to set him up to fail. Kaepernick knows he's not a great QB, but he probably is confident he could be a decent QB in the right situation.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand what you mean by mentioning a second interview.

Basically, he is giving a higher value to his potential rights to sue the NFL again over whatever benefit he could've gotten by doing the NFL workout. He potentially could've waived all of his legal rights in the waiver that the NFL presented to him. Kaep was willing to waive any legal claims based on physical injury or death, but the NFL wanted the broadest waiver language possible (which was a smart move by the NFL). The NFL's waiver language could be interpreted to go beyond claims based on physical injury.

He hasn't had a job in the NFL for 3 years, it seems very unlikely he ever will again, and the NFL workout looked very questionable from the beginning. He probably made the right call that the NFL workout wasn't worth it, as he wasn't going to get a job no matter what.

So all you rambling you just admit Kaep had no intention of every playing? Glad we all agree now.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So all you rambling you just admit Kaep had no intention of every playing? Glad we all agree now.

The evidence is that he hasn't been offered a job since becoming a free agent in early 2017. I think most people here agree this was a stunt by the NFL. You assume it wasn't.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The evidence is that he hasn't been offered a job since becoming a free agent in early 2017. I think most people here agree this was a stunt by the NFL. You assume it wasn't.
who cares if he was offered? it doesnt change whether he wants to play, he sabotages things.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing to sabotage if no team wants you.
there is if theres any inkling of interest and u act like an asshat, or your g/f does and you fully know shes gonna do it

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stunt by the NFL. You called it correctly in the first post of this thread.

IDK if I'd characterize it as a stunt by the NFL. Rather a action taken by the NFL to debunk the baseless theory that the NFL has conspired to ballball Kaep. Truth is Kaep was a sub par QB who had actively and intentionally creating a headache for his employer. No conspiracy theory needed to understand why it was hard to find employment within the NFL.
Fact is Kaep supporters want him employed because they approve of the trouble he brought to the NFL and not for football reasons. Kaep was given a gift by the NFL and instead of accepting gift he started making demands. Most which were nonsense or simply red herrings to disguise his real complaint. Which was he wanted to be able to record the workout for financial gain with his social agenda. Nothing else really makes sense. You yourself have said you expected no lawsuits from the NFL workhouse. The standard waiver protects the NFL from being responsible from injuries. The one the NFL proposed protected them from any and all lawsuits resulting from the workout. Given that Kaep had already sued the NFL was understandable and really should of been no problem given that a lawsuit was not a likely occurrence.
If a stunt had occurred it was Kaep preforming the PR stunt.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And he gets a paid for tryout for a job and he sabotages it and wears shirt pretending he was grew up with some hard life like his followers. There are countless players in the NFL who would’ve begged for the life he got as a child yet he is the hill his extremist followed kneel at his feet?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has no problem with kids making his shoes but has a problem with killing terrorist, and with that being said he is not even close to any kind of rationale thought with that tweet.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has no problem with kids making his shoes but has a problem with killing terrorist, and with that being said he is not even close to any kind of rationale thought with that tweet.
He'll be in quite the bind when he finds out that brown person has killed many, many brown people.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy making millions from Nike, which is a step above slave labor, complaining about imperialism is just too rich.

Nike IS the modern version of American Imperialism.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lololol @ the fact that dude still has stans

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Colin better hurry up and get to Toronto to join his fellow mourners

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why kaep doesn’t do interviews. He has absolutely no clue what he is talking about

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Iranians and Iraqis are considered white. At least I'm pretty sure Iranians are.