• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick to workout for teams

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone has bias. How do you know what to believe? Everything you have ever learned from a person is from someone biased. Everything you have learned is learned by someone who is biased. Therefore, you can’t really know anything, I guess.

No bias on this forum.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL really, we get replays of Kapernack, whatever, throwing to a little kid. Sssss, don’t give us the deep coverage!

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone has bias. How do you know what to believe? Everything you have ever learned from a person is from someone biased. Everything you have learned is learned by someone who is biased. Therefore, you can’t really know anything, I guess.

I said that bias is something to consider. Someone who is biased could be totally correct. I base my beliefs mostly on evidence, but I concede that sometimes I will go with faith, as there are limits to human intelligence and fact finding.

Also, I would contend that there are situations where someone has no bias. For example, if a person were a witness to a car accident between two people who are very similar and who are strangers to the witness, then what bias would that person have while testifying about the accident?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if the eight teams that attended felt he was not NFL talent at this point, time to let it rest.

It seems like NFL teams had already made up their minds long ago that he's not worth bringing in. That's why this NFL workout looked like a joke from the beginning.

The only issues I have are that people continue to repeat things that are either false or conjecture (that Kaepernick rejected offers after he became a free agent in 2017, that Kaeprnick is asking for a lot of money) or misleading (the opt out, when in fact he was told he was going to be cut). That he isn't a good enough football player also appears to be false.

If it is just football criteria used, Kaepernick is good enough to have gotten a spot start or a backup job. I think it really comes down to the fact that too many fans hate him. NFL teams aren't willing to risk it by bringing in someone as a backup when that person is so unpopular. If a poll were done on how people felt about Kaepernick, I wouldn't be surprised if 70% or more would answer that they have very negative feelings toward him. Even if he were a Hall of Fame talent, it might not be enough, although I would concede he'd have a higher chance. It really comes down to feelings, not football, but it is fair for a team to consider their fans' feelings.

It's a business decision, which is valid. I just don't know why people have to bring up all the stuff that is false or that there is little to no proof of.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like NFL teams had already made up their minds long ago that he's not worth bringing in. That's why this NFL workout looked like a joke from the beginning.

The only issues I have are that people continue to repeat things that are either false or conjecture (that Kaepernick rejected offers after he became a free agent in 2017, that Kaeprnick is asking for a lot of money) or misleading (the opt out, when in fact he was told he was going to be cut). That he isn't a good enough football player also appears to be false.

If it is just football criteria used, Kaepernick is good enough to have gotten a spot start or a backup job. I think it really comes down to the fact that too many fans hate him. NFL teams aren't willing to risk it by bringing in someone as a backup when that person is so unpopular. If a poll were done on how people felt about Kaepernick, I wouldn't be surprised if 70% or more would answer that they have very negative feelings toward him. Even if he were a Hall of Fame talent, it might not be enough, although I would concede he'd have a higher chance. It really comes down to feelings, not football, but it is fair for a team to consider their fans' feelings.

It's a business decision, which is valid. I just don't know why people have to bring up all the stuff that is false or that there is little to no proof of.
3gq0zp.jpg

Poor lil' Colin!

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL really, we get replays of Kapernack, whatever, throwing to a little kid. Sssss, don’t give us the deep coverage!

Now if we had videos of him throwing a little kid, that would be something.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He made some good reads, avoided pressure, and hit the wide open receivers on that empty practice field......

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you say you dont have your mind made up, but most of your post's lean one way, just fyi.

20 some teams were at the atlanta facility waiting for him, when he switched

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you say you dont have your mind made up, but most of your post's lean one way, just fyi.

20 some teams were at the atlanta facility waiting for him, when he switched

I don't have my mind made up on the liability waiver dispute.

I think I'm pretty clear on what I think about the overall Kaepernick situation (i.e., that his extreme unpopularity has kept him out and will likely keep him out of the NFL). And yes, I have made up my mind on a lot of the sub-issues, as I've clearly stated. My conclusions are based on evidence or the lack of evidence as to each of those sub-issues.

If your game is to have me keep repeating things, you are winning. LOL.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have my mind made up on the liability waiver dispute.

I think I'm pretty clear on what I think about the overall Kaepernick situation (i.e., that his extreme unpopularity has kept him out and will likely keep him out of the NFL). And yes, I have made up my mind on a lot of the sub-issues, as I've clearly stated. My conclusions are based on evidence or the lack of evidence as to each of those sub-issues.

If your game is to have me keep repeating things, you are winning. LOL.
hard to keep up.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You honestly don't think this smells from both sides of 180 degrees?
No it does. Absolutely. But I’m sorry, it still boils down to he doesn’t wanna play. I’ve said that all along for some time now. The rest is a moot point. It’s a platform for him, his “cause”, Nike. Heck at the end of his workout he doesn’t answer questions, gives a very poignant 45 second scripted speech.

It was all crap from his team. You wanna be taken seriously? Fishy or not you had a chance to play in front of nfl personnel, you blew it.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe for a second that he does not want to play. What pro athlete has ever taken that stance at his age, or at any age for that matter? No once they strap on a helmet and play in the Super Bowl they most certainly want to keep doing it.

I do still believe he is just not good enough to make the backlash worth it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe for a second that he does not want to play. What pro athlete has ever taken that stance at his age, or at any age for that matter? No once they strap on a helmet and play in the Super Bowl they most certainly want to keep doing it.

I do still believe he is just not good enough to make the backlash worth it.

I am starting to believe it. Kaep is more political activist than he is athlete anymore. He see's the NFL as a great venue to promote his cause, his actions as it relates to the workout prove that IMO. 1. Changing the venue at the last minute.
2. Wanting Private recordings.
3. Demanding his own receivers.

If he really wanted in he would adhere to the the standards of the job he is applying for. Kaep is DONE!!!!!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to believe it. Kaep is more political activist than he is athlete anymore. He see's the NFL as a great venue to promote his cause, his actions as it relates to the workout prove that IMO.
1. Changing the venue at the last minute.
2. Wanting Private recordings.
3. Demanding his own receivers.
4. His speech at the end was entirely political.

If he really wanted in he would adhere to the the standards of the job he is applying for. Kaep is DONE!!!!!

Added line 4

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing but racism discussion on ESPN
Of course Racism Sells, all things negative sell. Kaeps little speech after the workout was enough for me to change how I felt about this whole thing.